Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Mothering and Family Life
 4Real Forums : Mothering and Family Life
Subject Topic: vacation help for San Diego Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
Jeanne
Forum Rookie
Forum Rookie

Online Status: Offline
Posted: July 17 2009 at 10:44pm | IP Logged Quote Jeanne

My family of 9 will be visiting my sister in San Diego in August for about 2 weeks. She just moved to the area and is not very familiar with it.

I'm wondering if anyone can recommend some family friendly places to visit, things to do, good beaches to enjoy, places to eat, etc.

Thanks for the help, this will be our first visit to California and we are really looking forward to it!

P hi li ppians   4:13
Back to Top View Jeanne's Profile Search for other posts by Jeanne

LeeAnn
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Online Status: Offline
Posted: July 17 2009 at 11:53pm | IP Logged Quote LeeAnn

Cheap:
Coronado Beach -- best and nicest family beach, site of famous Hotel del Coronado -- the bridge over is a toll bridge, last I remember
San Diego de Alcala Mission -- still a working parish -- Bl. Junipero Serra founded it
La Jolla -- downtown (cheap only if you window shop!) beautiful beach also -- nicer cafes and restaurants
Point Loma lighthouse -- the drive up is great
Point Loma Seafoods -- our favorite fish & chips
Phil's BBQ
almost any cheapo taco stand in SD is better than any Mexican food you can buy anywhere else in the country
Seaport Village -- touristy shopping plaza but with ice cream and nice carousel
Old Town -- historic buildings housing shops, offices and restaurants, also a small museum -- fresh made churros!
Balboa Park -- nice for driving through -- I've always liked the arboretum -- more museums and an outdoor ampitheatre

Spendy:
San Diego Zoo
Sea World
Legoland (90 minutes north?)

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

[Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version