Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Tea and Conversation
 4Real Forums : Tea and Conversation
Subject Topic: Favorite mom beach/pool cover up? Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
amyable
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Online Status: Offline
Posted: June 08 2009 at 1:19pm | IP Logged Quote amyable

I *think* what I'd particularly like is something long sleeved, white, flowing, gauzy - you know, as COOL as possible but still covering most of my skin? I'd love a two piece - top with skirt/capris/pants so I can nurse more easily... not asking much here, am I?

I'd love to hear what you like in terms of beach/pool cover-ups for yourself, what keeps you covered and cool, and where you got it!

Back to Top View amyable's Profile Search for other posts by amyable

teachingmyown
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: June 08 2009 at 2:24pm | IP Logged Quote teachingmyown

I think this year I am going to try a rash guard from Land's End, on top of a suit that can untie from the top so that I can just lower the bottom layer under the rash guard and still keep my belly covered. After all these years, you would think I would have found something that works.

Remembering Today
Back to Top View teachingmyown's Profile Search for other posts by teachingmyown Visit teachingmyown's Homepage

Lisbet
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: June 08 2009 at 3:31pm | IP Logged Quote Lisbet

I was out suit shopping this afternoon - I am beyond frustrated right now...

Abby, 15
Gabe, 13
Isaac, 11
Mary, 10
Sam, 9
Henry, 7
Molly, 6
Mark, 5
Greta, 3
Cecilia born 10.29.10
Josephine born 6.11.12
Back to Top View Lisbet's Profile Search for other posts by Lisbet

teachingmyown
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: June 08 2009 at 3:50pm | IP Logged Quote teachingmyown

Lands End is having a 50% off sale that ends today, if that helps anyone.

Remembering Today
Back to Top View teachingmyown's Profile Search for other posts by teachingmyown Visit teachingmyown's Homepage

JodieLyn
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: June 08 2009 at 4:02pm | IP Logged Quote JodieLyn

so far for nursing I highly prefer the racing suits (mine is a speedo) at first you think.. there is NO WAY with the crossed back and the cut.. but you can pull from the side.. which means that you can nurse under ANY loose top.

growing up the sun cover I most liked was a mesh.. since I was generally moving and not still the mesh would move around and actually did protect me from burns.. loved it because I didn't have to cover my back with sunscreen.

I just found this one that is somewhat simliar..

And I want to put it over a unitard/shortjohn ( good example ) which is a swimsuit that ends in a bike short style rather than cut off at the leg crease.. not seperate pieces like a tankini with short bottoms, or a suit with shorts over it.. I like neither because when I really swim the shorts will pull down (though I haven't tried the tankini but I can see me having the same problem there)

All men who have turned out worth anything have had the chief hand in their own education.
-Sir Walter Scott
Back to Top View JodieLyn's Profile Search for other posts by JodieLyn

Lisbet
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: June 08 2009 at 6:36pm | IP Logged Quote Lisbet

I ordered this suit today - I pray it works out for me - I've tried on 3 different Lands End combos (at SEARS) and many different others (including a racing tank) and nothing met my specs. I also realized I have armpit fat...really, there is a such thing and I'm sporting it... . I plan on this suit with some rash guard bermudas.

Abby, 15
Gabe, 13
Isaac, 11
Mary, 10
Sam, 9
Henry, 7
Molly, 6
Mark, 5
Greta, 3
Cecilia born 10.29.10
Josephine born 6.11.12
Back to Top View Lisbet's Profile Search for other posts by Lisbet

teachingmyown
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: June 08 2009 at 9:46pm | IP Logged Quote teachingmyown

Every nursing suit I have tried has had so little support it was silly. Not to mention, they were all SO low cut. Honestly, this is NOT a time of my life that I desire to show more cleavage! (Not that I ever want to but you get my point, I'm sure )

Remembering Today

Jody
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: June 08 2009 at 10:05pm | IP Logged Quote Jody

Jodie,
I LOVE the unitard! But can you really nurse in it??

Jody

JodieLyn
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: June 08 2009 at 10:36pm | IP Logged Quote JodieLyn

I think the back is just the same as my speedo suit.. in which case.. yes.. but I'm going to order that sooner (next couple days) and will tell you for sure. the back attachs right at the breastline.. so keeps you covered so I think what I do is pull that up and forward to be able to nurse.. and since the straps never leave my shoulders I can do this under a top as easily as I can pull up a sports bra or the like.

Not all the unitards have that type of back though.. some even zip up in back.. so you would have to watch that the one you get can do that.

But since I'm considering that my speedo is a good 10 yrs old.. though not seen heavy use.. that a new quality suit is worth the money spent especially if it's something that lets me feel comfortable with the kids in the baby pool.. and yet also lets me do lap swimming or race the bigger kids.

Oh and Amy, that cover up I posted.. it goes to the Woman Within site.. it's a plus sized clothing but goes down to a woman's medium I think.. but in their swim stuff they have coverups and they did have gauze pants and various tops for coverups.. one of the tops was a button up long sleeve so would get more skin covered even.

All men who have turned out worth anything have had the chief hand in their own education.
-Sir Walter Scott
Back to Top View JodieLyn's Profile Search for other posts by JodieLyn

Courtney
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: June 09 2009 at 6:46am | IP Logged Quote Courtney

I'm not in the market for a new suit, but I order suits for my dd for swimteam off of thiswebsite. They have speedos and racing suits of all kinds--even the kind which go down the thigh. Thought this might help.

Back to Top View Courtney's Profile Search for other posts by Courtney

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

[Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version