Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Technical Help!
 4Real Forums : Technical Help!
Subject Topic: THANKS buttons. Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
LLR4
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Online Status: Offline
Posted: Feb 21 2009 at 8:16pm | IP Logged Quote LLR4

I am not sure if it is possible (or desired) to implement such a site feature here, but I am on a professional forum, and they have a THANKS button at the bottom of every post. When a reader agrees with another, or wants to thank another, for whatever reason, they just hit that THANKS button in the bottom of the poster's post. When they do, the Thanker's name goes under that poster's post they are thankful for. This saves a LOT of quoting and posting to say "I agree with you" or "Thank you for offering/sharing that with us"...etc.

So many times here, I have liked a point someone stated (Just as Cay's I just read in a thread about saints and martyrs), and I looked for a thanks button. It just saves space, and time, and is a nice feature to have, to pass around the gratitude.   
So I just wanted to throw that out there, to the powers that be, as a forum suggestion to maybe try out.

Back to Top View LLR4's Profile Search for other posts by LLR4 Visit LLR4's Homepage

theNetSmith
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Posted: Feb 27 2009 at 10:20am | IP Logged Quote theNetSmith

Laura-

Just wanted you to know that I have seen your thread. I have not seen this functionality elsewhere, but I follow what you are saying and will keep the suggestion in mind.

Thanks for the feedback.

-Tim

Pray and forgive.
-Mother Theresa
Back to Top View theNetSmith's Profile Search for other posts by theNetSmith Visit theNetSmith's Homepage

LLR4
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: Feb 28 2009 at 7:50am | IP Logged Quote LLR4

Tim --
See, right now I could use the THANKS button, to let you know that I saw your post above. I WAS wondering if you saw the thread, so thanks for letting me know.

Back to Top View LLR4's Profile Search for other posts by LLR4 Visit LLR4's Homepage

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

[Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version