Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Tea and Conversation
 4Real Forums : Tea and Conversation
Subject Topic: Baseball Moms Unite! Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
vmalott
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Online Status: Offline
Posted: Oct 28 2013 at 2:59pm | IP Logged Quote vmalott

Just peeking in here to see how everyone has fared though the recent baseball season.

DS17 just wrapped fall ball up two weeks ago, playing in Florida in front of bunch of college scouts. DS10 wrapped his fall ball season up about 3 weeks ago. It's nice to have a little breathing room before basketball starts up.

DS17 has made contact with several college coaches (Missouri, Akron, Michigan State, Ohio U.) and speaks to two of them on the phone on a regular basis. He has been invited to attend 3 "junior days" so far: Akron (this weekend), Mizzou (January), and Georgetown (the one in DC)...all "unofficial" visits. It is such an exciting time for him and I am SO PROUD how humble he is...taking it all in stride.

He has been working his tail off in his down time, hitting the gym and the cages, and has put on about 10 lbs. He has also been pretty self-directed when it comes to his school work, choosing to focus on ACT prep and designing a schooling schedule that works for him. He is like a completely different person since coming back home last December.

Oh, and our state (Ohio) passed a law that was tucked inside the budget bill allowing homeschoolers to play for their local district. So, he will be playing with his high school team again and the varsity coach seems to be looking forward to having him back. Winter conditioning starts next month, then winter workouts for his summer team start in January, and then March (tryouts) will be here before we know it!

Back to Top View vmalott's Profile Search for other posts by vmalott Visit vmalott's Homepage

Angie Mc
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Posted: Nov 06 2013 at 10:51am | IP Logged Quote Angie Mc

WOO HOO!!!!!!!

Gosh, Valerie, I'm just always so psyched to hear good news about ball players...especially home educated ball players .

Aiden is still out there, grinding it out! He's has some success at some showcases and he's hoping for a great winter. We're praying mightily that he signs with a team that is a great fit. D2/3 or local JC is looking good. Our biggest news is that Aiden is FINALLY GETTING BIGGER! He's now almost 6'1", weighs 185, and is back to investing time into pitching. Being a PO is sounding good to me!

Keep up the great work and thanks a bunch for staying in touch.

Love,

Back to Top View Angie Mc's Profile Search for other posts by Angie Mc Visit Angie Mc's Homepage

Angie Mc
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Posted: July 16 2014 at 1:10pm | IP Logged Quote Angie Mc

It is with great pride, relief, and joy that I announce...

Aiden is signed to pitch for Yavapai College! Yavapai has one of the top baseball programs in Arizona, making it a top program in the country.

In spite of many hardships, to include a high school coach who wanted to keep Aiden out of baseball, Aiden has a fresh start in a healthy and winning environment

Thanks for your many, many, many prayers and much support over the years. Please know that I'm available to support you and your baseball mom friends if needed    

Would love to hear what's going on in your baseball world :)

Go Roughriders!

Back to Top View Angie Mc's Profile Search for other posts by Angie Mc Visit Angie Mc's Homepage

guitarnan
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: July 16 2014 at 1:20pm | IP Logged Quote guitarnan

YAY!!!!!!

Congratulations to Aiden and to you and Dave! You've walked (baseball pun intended) a long road together, and I am so very happy to read this wonderful news.

We're always looking for new baseball teams to cheer for...Go Roughriders!

Angie Mc
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Posted: July 16 2014 at 1:29pm | IP Logged Quote Angie Mc

Oh Nancy, thank you for your happiness and empathy!!!! This chaos, in some ways, explains my MIA status from this board...and gosh, life in general . I'm praying for you and all of your intentions. Can we just get together and pour a cold drink, pop a little umbrella into it, and shoot the breeze? Please?! Stay strong, (dance) mom and wife extraordinaire. You've got this!

Love,

Angie Mc
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Posted: March 17 2015 at 1:07pm | IP Logged Quote Angie Mc

Spring is here!

We attended a Spring Training game yesterday. Gorgeous!

Aiden is now at Otero Junior College to get innings as a freshman. He's had 2 appearances, 4 innings pitched, has an ERA of 0.00 with 3Ks. I look forward to visiting him at the end of April.

Ian is the DH for his high school team because his right shoulder may have suffered a re-tear at the surgery site. Please pray for complete healing because he, too, would like to play at the college level.

JP just stated Little League and is again with his favorite coach. It looks to be a fun season and when it is over, we'll look for a club ball team.

Good luck to all the ball players you love and I would be happy to hear more about what you and your players are up to!

Love,

Betsy
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: March 17 2015 at 2:45pm | IP Logged Quote Betsy

I will brag a little...my 13yo son just hit a home run last night on his middle school team. The coach thinks it went about 350. It was a nice tag!!!!
Both of my boys are playing on the same team, so it's really fun!!!!

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

<< Prev Page of 7
  [Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version