Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
We Pray to the Lord
 4Real Forums : We Pray to the Lord
Subject Topic: Prayer's to St. Joseph for house sales? Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
JSchaaf
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Online Status: Offline
Posted: Dec 04 2005 at 4:29pm | IP Logged Quote JSchaaf

My MIL just suggested we bury St. Joseph in our yard to help sell our house. I've never heard of this. Please enlighten me. Also, if he is the patron saint of desperate home sellers, are there any prayers/novenas I could offer?
Thanks
Jennifer
Back to Top View JSchaaf's Profile Search for other posts by JSchaaf

JennGM
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: Dec 04 2005 at 6:52pm | IP Logged Quote JennGM

Yes, St. Joseph does help with sale of houses. A friend of mine composed this page about selling houses and St. Joseph. We had discussed that some practices seem superstitious. This includes different prayers you could use.

And be assured of my prayers. AFter going through a year of trying to sell and buy a house, I know some of the torture you are going through...of course you have the added stress of many layers!!!! Big for you!

Back to Top View JennGM's Profile Search for other posts by JennGM Visit JennGM's Homepage

kingvozzo
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Dec 04 2005 at 8:02pm | IP Logged Quote kingvozzo

Yes, he is the patron of house sales. I never could get on board with the whole statue burying custom--It always seems to superstitious to me. although, I've heard that the practice was originated by a saint.
When we were in the process of buying and selling, which just ended on Friday we prayed to St. Joe often. And now we're offering prayers of Thanksgiving!

I will keep your intention in our prayers also.

Back to Top View kingvozzo's Profile Search for other posts by kingvozzo

Michaela
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Dec 05 2005 at 1:45am | IP Logged Quote Michaela

Jennifer, I will pray now that you are able to quickly sell your home.

Jenn, that was a very interesting link explaining how burying a St. Joseph statue may have originated.   I always thought it sounded, as already mentioned, superstitious. I like the alternative suggested.   

momwise
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Dec 05 2005 at 7:29am | IP Logged Quote momwise

jenngm67 wrote:
A friend of mine composed this page about selling houses and St. Joseph.

I agree with the suggestion to display St. Joseph's statue in your home. This is what we did after I talked with several people and decided not to bury the statue. We prayed the 30 Day Prayer to St. Joseph as a family as soon as our house went on the market and then we did a 9-day novena to him each time we lost a contract (we lost 2) and the houses we had bid on. The house we finally bought went on the market the 9th day of the last novena ..in other words, St. Joseph sometimes likes to wait until the very end.

Karen E.
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Dec 05 2005 at 7:34pm | IP Logged Quote Karen E.

JSchaaf wrote:
My MIL just suggested we bury St. Joseph in our yard to help sell our house.

When we were selling a house a few years ago, my very holy, very much-respected confessor said to me, "And please, please, promise me you'll never bury St. Joseph in your yard."

We didn't bury him, but we did do a novena to him. We used this novena:

O St. Joseph whose protection is so great, so strong, so prompt before the Throne of God, I place in you all my interests and desires. O St. Joseph do assist me by your powerful intercession and obtain for me from your Divine Son all spiritual blessings through Jesus Christ, Our Lord; so that having engaged here below your Heavenly power I may offer my Thanksgiving and Homage to the most Loving of Fathers. O St. Joseph, I never weary contemplating you and Jesus asleep in your arms. I dare not approach while He reposes near your heart. Press him in my name and kiss His fine Head for me, and ask Him to return the Kiss when I draw my dying breath. St. Joseph, Patron of departing souls, pray for us. Amen

Visit my blog, with its shockingly clever title, "Karen Edmisten."
Back to Top View Karen E.'s Profile Search for other posts by Karen E. Visit Karen E.'s Homepage

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

[Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version