Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Mothering and Family Life
 4Real Forums : Mothering and Family Life
Subject Topic: What do you do with baby teeth? Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
Angi
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Online Status: Offline
Posted: Jan 07 2009 at 10:27pm | IP Logged Quote Angi

KackyK wrote:
Angi I have to attempt when I read your reply, my face scrunched up like "whhaattt", but then it was funny!

I was hoping the humor would come through. Sometimes my sense of humor is lost on people.
Back to Top View Angi's Profile Search for other posts by Angi

Tina
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: Jan 08 2009 at 7:08am | IP Logged Quote Tina

We *do* the Tooth Fairy here. When my dd12 was around 8, she discovered her baby teeth that I had saved. They were in her "special box" of baby momentos. I had taped them to the inside, then like a "genius", I put it in her closet. She got sentimental one day and decided to look through her baby stuff on her own. She came to me, very upset, with her findings. It's really hard to come up with something, on the spot. And she's not the gullible type, so that ended the Toothfairy with her. Unfortunately she can put 2 and 2 together, so that brought the demise of Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny. *sigh*.

We still have 3 believers in the house, though, so I only save one baby tooth each, in MY drawer.

Back to Top View Tina's Profile Search for other posts by Tina Visit Tina's Homepage

doris
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Jan 08 2009 at 4:16pm | IP Logged Quote doris

I kept all my daughter's teeth. It was lucky because she decided to write a note to the tooth fairy asking for the old ones back. I blogged about it here...

Gloria JMJ
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: April 27 2009 at 6:38pm | IP Logged Quote Gloria JMJ

I know this is late, but my dh goes through about one jar of Tiger Balm every few months ( or I go through it rubbing his back ) and I just couldn't see throwing all of those cool looking jars away. So I cleaned them out and started a jar for each child with their initial on the lid in black sharpie. My dh thinks I'm cuckoo, but I just can't bring myself to toss them. With them hiding in my little jars all in a row on a top shelf in my room, they are neat, tidy, compact, and inconspicuous. (I hope I spelled that right )
I've gotten to where I've forgotten them under the pillow so many times, that I now have the dc leave it on the microwave so the fairy doesn't have to look under so many pillows to see who lost one . It helps me to remember to make the switch too

ALmom
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: April 28 2009 at 1:55am | IP Logged Quote ALmom

In our house, I'd chunk them, but dh has saved every one of the children's lost teeth. He has them labeled neatly and precisely in a brown manilla envelope and stored in some location that only he knows - probably filed with his important papers. I never touch a file anc couldn't find a thing in one if I tried.

I'm not quite sure what anyone will possibly do with them later. He also keeps charts of height, weight, and any other such accomplishments. (I think I accidently threw out his written notes - that inclued even the time of day each child was born - think it was on a calendar or something that I cut up for the holy pictures. OOps, it really was accidental). Somewhere he has graphs of height and weight for each child. At least he didn't just write height marks on the wall with weight, date and name next to them on the wall in pen as his dad did when they were growing up (of course if he had, I might not have accidently thrown it out).

Janet
Back to Top View ALmom's Profile Search for other posts by ALmom

KackyK
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: April 28 2009 at 6:15am | IP Logged Quote KackyK

Janet is your husband a doctor, he sounds like one in disguise

Mom to 8 - 3 dd, 5ds & 4 babes in heaven

Beginning With the Assumption
Back to Top View KackyK's Profile Search for other posts by KackyK Visit KackyK's Homepage

RenB
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: April 28 2009 at 2:10pm | IP Logged Quote RenB

Oh forgive me but I just had to chime in here...

Doesn't everyone drill itty bitty holes in their children's teeth to make a necklace they can wear when they graduate from high school?

LOL Just joshing you.. I used to keep the older one's and then I decided it was another clutter thing when I couldn't tell whose was whose any longer from bad labeling or filing if you will. Oh the things we keep! How about wisdom teeth? Our big married kids saved theirs but never wanted anything to do with keeping other teeth. Strange huh? :)

Mommy to eight, cherished treasures sent to us 22 years apart. Nana to seven lovelies...so far.
"Go East," they said
Back to Top View RenB's Profile Search for other posts by RenB Visit RenB's Homepage

Anne McD
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: April 28 2009 at 8:26pm | IP Logged Quote Anne McD

Here we are, four month's later, and we STILL do not have a wiggle on any of them!

Poor kid probably won't be able to eat corn on the cob this summer!!

Angi, just write gullible across my forhead. When I read the post about your daughter having an extra thumb, of course I believed you......

James 8
Katie 6
William 3 1/2
Benedict Joseph 1
and baby on the way! 10/14
Back to Top View Anne McD's Profile Search for other posts by Anne McD

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

<< Prev Page of 2
  [Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version