Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Technical Help!
 4Real Forums : Technical Help!
Subject Topic: Active Topics Help and Staying Logged In Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
hylabrook1
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Online Status: Offline
Posted: Nov 04 2008 at 2:31pm | IP Logged Quote hylabrook1

For the past two days I have had two problems.
(1) whenever I access the forums and hit "active topics", instead of giving me the active topics since the time of my previous visit, it says "There are no new active topics since x time", and "x time" is always the minute right then, when I have just clicked on active topics.

(2) when I try to post a reply to a thread, it says I'm not logged on. In the past I have been always logged on, everytime I sign on (something must normally be set so that I am always logged on, but I don't know what that is or how to reactivate it).

Actually, as I think about it, the second problem is probably the only real problem. If I'm not logged
on, it can't tell how long it's been since I was previously logged on. Does that make sense? (It sort of makes sense to me, and that in itself has me worried.... )

Thanks so much for your help with this and for all your hard work to keep us all connected.

Peace,
Nancy
Back to Top View hylabrook1's Profile Search for other posts by hylabrook1

theNetSmith
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Posted: Nov 04 2008 at 3:16pm | IP Logged Quote theNetSmith

Nancy-

I believe you are correct in that (2) is causing (1).

Next time you log on, make sure that "Auto Logon" is set to "yes" and it should be back to normal.

-Tim

Pray and forgive.
-Mother Theresa
Back to Top View theNetSmith's Profile Search for other posts by theNetSmith Visit theNetSmith's Homepage

Maryan
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Jan 17 2009 at 7:41pm | IP Logged Quote Maryan

Hmmm.... I'm having Nancy's exact problem #1, but I'm set for Auto Logon?

I'm logged in and it indicates so at the top of the screen.

What else could I be doing wrong?

Back to Top View Maryan's Profile Search for other posts by Maryan

Maryan
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Jan 17 2009 at 7:43pm | IP Logged Quote Maryan

Also -- it doesn't do this EVERY time I come to the forum - mostly when it's been a bunch of hours

For example, right now my question is an active topic for me.

Angi
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Jan 17 2009 at 8:06pm | IP Logged Quote Angi

It happens for me too - I must log on every time I come to 4real for the first time after turning the computer on each day.

But for me, it is a cookie problem, cuz it happens with other site too.
Back to Top View Angi's Profile Search for other posts by Angi

Maryan
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Jan 19 2009 at 7:35am | IP Logged Quote Maryan

I'm never logged out -- I only have Nancy's #1 problem.

I looked at my cookies and they stay for 20 days. This morning again -- no active topics. It doesn't give me a "last signed-in" time. It must be with my computer if no one else has this problem -- I just am stumped what might cause it!!

theNetSmith
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Posted: Jan 21 2009 at 10:34am | IP Logged Quote theNetSmith

I am not sure what is causing your problems with Active Topics.

To explain how it works -- and I apologize if this is redundant or overkill for anyone...

Any time that you have 20 minutes of inactivity, your session will be reset. For instance, if you bring up active topics, then click on a thread and start reading it, then leave the computer for half an hour, then come back to the computer and click on Active Topics, only those topics that were active during that half hour will appear.

For this reason, many members will bring up the Active Topics and open the threads they want to read in a new window so that the 'snapshot' of Active Topics can still be referenced later.

You can also use the dropdown at the top-left of the Active Topics to change the time frame of activity that you are looking at.

hth-
Tim

Pray and forgive.
-Mother Theresa
Back to Top View theNetSmith's Profile Search for other posts by theNetSmith Visit theNetSmith's Homepage

Maryan
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Jan 21 2009 at 11:00am | IP Logged Quote Maryan

Thanks Tim. In trying to figure out my problem, I did discover what seems to reset it. I still just can't figure out what makes it reset all together as if I never visited. I think it must be something with my computer -- I just still don't know what.   

I am having to do what you recommended -- I just try to remember what was the last time that I "visited" and then use the drop down box and pick accordingly. Glad you have that!!!

I like the two window idea too. Thanks!

hylabrook1
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: Jan 21 2009 at 3:27pm | IP Logged Quote hylabrook1

Maryan -

These problems still come up for me from time to time, as well. I do what you do and use the drop down.

Peace,
Nancy
Back to Top View hylabrook1's Profile Search for other posts by hylabrook1

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

[Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version