Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Picture Book Discoveries
 4Real Forums : Picture Book Discoveries
Subject Topic: Take it to the Queen Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
VeronicaB
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Online Status: Offline
Posted: Feb 16 2009 at 11:13pm | IP Logged Quote VeronicaB

Thanks Josephine,

That helps me get a handle on things. I love the sort of books you can read at different levels like that. Good to keep in mind we don't need to find a direct one to one correspondence. It's funny how the story seems symbolic rather than stand-alone.

From a muddly afternoon on a rainy summer's day,

Veronica
Back to Top View VeronicaB's Profile Search for other posts by VeronicaB Visit VeronicaB's Homepage

MaryM
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Posted: Feb 17 2009 at 1:24am | IP Logged Quote MaryM

Thanks, Josephine, for joining us here and discussing your book with us.

Our Domestic Church
Back to Top View MaryM's Profile Search for other posts by MaryM Visit MaryM's Homepage

MaryM
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Posted: Feb 17 2009 at 1:45am | IP Logged Quote MaryM

Since the subject of private revelation occasionally comes up in various threads as it has here in regards to Luisa Piccarreta, it is important to note what the Church herself has taught regarding private revelation.

Catechism of the Catholic Church wrote:

67. Throughout the ages there have been so-called “private,“ revelations, some of which have been recognized by authority of the Church. They do not belong, however, to the deposit of faith. It is not their role to improve or complete Christ’s definitive Revelation, but to help live more fully by it in a certain period of history. Guided by the magisterium of the Church, the senses fidelium knows how to discern and welcome in the revelations whatever constitutes an authentic call of Christ or his saints to the Church.

Christian faith cannot accept “revelations” that claim to surpass or correct the Revelation of which Christ is the fulfillment, as is the case in certain non-Christian religions and also in certain recent sects which base themselves on such “revelations.”

Catholic Dictionary entry (Fr. John Hardon) wrote:

Private revelation – supernatural manifestations by God of hidden truths made to private individuals for their own spiritual welfare or that of others. They differ from the public revelation contained in Scripture and tradition which is given on behalf of the whole human race and necessary for human salvation and sanctification. Although recognition by the Church, and at times, approved by her authority, private revelations are not the object of divine faith that binds one in conscience to believe on God’s authority. The assent given to them, therefore, is either on human evidence or when formally approved by the Church, on ecclesiastical authority according to the mind of the Church.

And Catholics United for the Faith has a helpful resource on the topic of private revelation in their Faith Facts, which includes this quote:

Quote:
Until the Church renders her official judgment, the faithful are free to accept (or reject) any private revelation if nothing in the message or concurring phenomena is contrary to faith and morals.

However, once the Church has concluded that a particular apparition is not authentic, the faithful need to walk away. Similarly, once the Church declares an apparition as worthy of belief, we must respect the Church's decision and those who choose to incorporate the apparition into their life of devotion.

It does not appear that there is a declaration from the Church on this particular private revelation, which puts it neither in the condemned nor fully approved categories.

Our Domestic Church
Back to Top View MaryM's Profile Search for other posts by MaryM Visit MaryM's Homepage

donnalynn
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Feb 17 2009 at 7:53am | IP Logged Quote donnalynn

It was so nice to hear from the author! Thank you so much!

JoiNobisso
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Posted: Feb 17 2009 at 10:43am | IP Logged Quote JoiNobisso

I feel embraced among friends! Thank you for the warm welcome.

I look forward to any exchanges, and concur entirely with the sources MaryM posts. (If Luisa's writings were ever declared inauthentic, our little study group here would disban, and I would not read a further word.)
Back to Top View JoiNobisso's Profile Search for other posts by JoiNobisso

Angie Mc
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Posted: Feb 17 2009 at 5:41pm | IP Logged Quote Angie Mc

JoiNobisso wrote:
I feel embraced among friends! Thank you for the warm welcome.

Oh, I'm so glad for this! Thank you very much for joining us.

Love,

Back to Top View Angie Mc's Profile Search for other posts by Angie Mc Visit Angie Mc's Homepage

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

<< Prev Page of 2
  [Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version