Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Domestic Church
 4Real Forums : Domestic Church
Subject Topic: From Thy Bounty Fairs Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
MaryM
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Online Status: Offline
Posted: Sept 04 2008 at 1:32pm | IP Logged Quote MaryM

As you may know several members here are contributors for the Catholic Cuisine blog. We are pleased to announce a series of From Thy Bounty Fairs highlighting the fall feasts and fruits of the harvest to be hosted there. Since there aren't any current Simply Lovely Fairs we hope you will all join us in these fairs. It's a great opportunity to give a glimpse into your culinary celebrations of the upcoming feasts. Please join us – we look forward to your participation and sharing.

Upcoming From Thy Bounty Fair Schedule:

Triumph of the Cross (September 15): The cross is a very basic shape and one easily incorporated into cooking and table decorating. This fair will be held right after the feast day. Share what you did to celebrate the Feast of the Triumph of the Cross. How did you make the feast and symbol come alive in your Catholic kitchen? Michele will be the hostess. Please submit your link or pictures by 9/13.

Angels: Our Guardians and Defenders (September 29): Angels are honored in two big feasts within a few days of each other – the Feast of the Archangels (9/29) and Memorial of the Guardian Angels (10/2). Share how you are celebrating either or both of these feast days. What are you doing to make this memorable and visible for your family? Do you have special symbolic foods or meals for these days? Jenn will be the hostess.

The Fruits of Our Harvest (October 13): How do you give thanks? What do you do with the bounties of your harvest? Whether you grow your own, shop at he farmer’s market, visit the orchard, or hunt the land you are benefiting from the bounties of God’s creation. Let's share our recipes, ideas, and thoughts on the bounties that God provides. Mary will be the hostess.

Hallowed Days: All Saints and All Souls (October 27): Florence Berger writes in Cooking for Christ: “The doctrine of the mystical body unites all Christians to their Master, and one with the other in God's kingdom here on earth. As the branches have their source in the vine, so with Christ we have been bound together for growth and fruition.” The Feasts of All Saints Day (preceded by All Hallows Eve) and All Souls tie together and help us remember the Church Militant, the Church Suffering, and the Church Triumphant. These days offer many unique traditions and celebrations. Share how you feast any of these days? What do you do to fill your tables with the traditions of these hallowed days? Jessica will be the hostess.

Holiday Foods and Feasts (November 17): Thanksgiving and Christmas are days associated with feasting and celebration. Each family has traditional foods and festivities. Please share your thoughts, suggestions, menus, and recipes for these big feasts so we’ll be well prepared to enjoy them. Amy will be the hostess.

The Bounty of St. Nicholas (December 4): St. Nicholas Day provides a bit of special festivity early in the waiting weeks of Advent. There are so many wonderful culinary traditions from around the world honoring this saint. How is St. Nicholas honored and remembered in your hearth and home? Do you have special treats or food ideas for celebrating this feast day? Mary Ellen will be the hostess.

To participate in the fairs please send a link to your post by the deadline date to the hostess indicated, leave a message in the comments section of the Catholic Cuisine blog, or PM us here. You don’t need to have a blog – you can participate by sending pictures or ideas to the hostess for inclusion. I'll add submission deadlines as I get them for each fair.

Our Domestic Church
Back to Top View MaryM's Profile Search for other posts by MaryM Visit MaryM's Homepage

MaryM
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Posted: Sept 15 2008 at 1:02pm | IP Logged Quote MaryM

The first Fair - for the Triumph of the Cross - is up. It's a nice collection of ideas and ways folks observed this feast.

Our Domestic Church
Back to Top View MaryM's Profile Search for other posts by MaryM Visit MaryM's Homepage

TracyQ
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Sept 15 2008 at 7:14pm | IP Logged Quote TracyQ

These sound wonderful!!! Thanks!

homeschooling in 15th year in Buffalo, NY
Back to Top View TracyQ's Profile Search for other posts by TracyQ

JennGM
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: Sept 26 2008 at 4:09pm | IP Logged Quote JennGM

I'm bumping this up to ask, I mean, BEG, for submissions for the upcoming Angels Edition.

Please PM your blog links, or send me ideas or pictures so I can post. I have a Sunday evening deadline, September 28, so I can have a post ready by Monday, September 29, on the feast of the Archangels.

The above link has a few ideas for inspiration. Any ideas, small or great, are welcome. Don't worry about originality or uniqueness or elaborateness, I want to see them all.

Frankly, I think all I'm going to do is incorporate little plastic swords into our dessert or dinner, and have some kind of chicken. How's that for simple?

Back to Top View JennGM's Profile Search for other posts by JennGM Visit JennGM's Homepage

JennGM
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: Sept 27 2008 at 8:48pm | IP Logged Quote JennGM

Bumping this up before the board closes, since I can't post a reminder for tomorrow!

Pictureless posts are fine, too.

So far I have 3 entries. Pretty please send me something for the angels.

Back to Top View JennGM's Profile Search for other posts by JennGM Visit JennGM's Homepage

JennGM
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: Sept 29 2008 at 6:56am | IP Logged Quote JennGM

Happy Michaelmas! (and Feast of the Archangels)!

It's not too late, as I'm working on the post this morning...you still have time for submissions!

JennGM
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: Sept 29 2008 at 1:15pm | IP Logged Quote JennGM

Sorry for the delay, folks! I had so many contributions I'm just thrilled. Thanks for all the contributions!

Angel From Thy Bounty Fair is now up!

If you want to add your post, just PM or email me, and I'll be happy to tag it at the end.

MaryM
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Posted: Oct 09 2008 at 2:41am | IP Logged Quote MaryM

Bumping as a reminder that next Monday is another From Thy Bounty Fair at Catholic Cuisine. This one really focuses on bounty! Please share with us the bounties of your harvest - how we enjoy the gifts of the earth that God provides for us this season.

The Fruits of Our Harvest (October 13): How do you give thanks? What do you do with the bounties of your harvest? Whether you grow your own, shop at he farmer’s market, visit the orchard, or hunt the land you are benefiting from the bounties of God’s creation. Let's share our recipes, ideas, and thoughts on the bounties that God provides.

I will be compiling the links for the fair. You can PM me the links. Or leave them in the comment section at Catholic Cuisine.

Our Domestic Church

MaryM
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Posted: Oct 13 2008 at 12:35am | IP Logged Quote MaryM

I could really use some more submissions for Furits of the Harvest Fair at Catholic Cuisine. Doesn't anybody have any bounty they are thankful for and have posted about on their blogs?

Our Domestic Church

MaryM
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Posted: Oct 13 2008 at 4:11pm | IP Logged Quote MaryM

The "Fruits of the Harvest" Fair has been posted. Many thanks to all the great ladies who came to my aid in the zero hour (or whom I have borrowed from already and asked permission after the fact).

Our Domestic Church

TracyQ
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Oct 14 2008 at 10:23am | IP Logged Quote TracyQ

Thank you! What a blessing this is.

homeschooling in 15th year in Buffalo, NY
Back to Top View TracyQ's Profile Search for other posts by TracyQ

lapazfarm
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Oct 14 2008 at 5:08pm | IP Logged Quote lapazfarm

Beautiful! I am definitely going to give that St. Teresa Garlic soup a try! Yum!

Back to Top View lapazfarm's Profile Search for other posts by lapazfarm Visit lapazfarm's Homepage

Mary G
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Oct 14 2008 at 6:20pm | IP Logged Quote Mary G

Excellent post MaryM! Way to go! Thank you for your hard work on all these wonderful resources for us!

my website that combines my schooling, hand-knits work, writing and everything else in one spot!
Back to Top View Mary G's Profile Search for other posts by Mary G Visit Mary G's Homepage

~Jessica~
Forum Rookie
Forum Rookie

Posted: Oct 21 2008 at 2:06pm | IP Logged Quote ~Jessica~

I am bumping this thread up again, as a reminder that next Monday is another From Thy Bounty Fair at Catholic Cuisine!! This one will be focusing on the upcoming Hallowed Days.

Hallowed Days: All Saints and All Souls (October 27): Florence Berger writes in Cooking for Christ: “The doctrine of the mystical body unites all Christians to their Master, and one with the other in God's kingdom here on earth. As the branches have their source in the vine, so with Christ we have been bound together for growth and fruition.” The Feasts of All Saints Day (preceded by All Hallows Eve) and All Souls tie together and help us remember the Church Militant, the Church Suffering, and the Church Triumphant. These days offer many unique traditions and celebrations. Share how you feast any of these days? What do you do to fill your tables with the traditions of these hallowed days?

Its my turn to host and I would really appreciate any posts, ideas, recipes pictures, etc, from both bloggers and non bloggers!! You can PM me, email me at catholiccuisine[at]gmail[dot]com, or leave them in the comment section at Catholic Cuisine.

Thank you!!!

Catholic Cuisine
Back to Top View ~Jessica~'s Profile Search for other posts by ~Jessica~ Visit ~Jessica~'s Homepage

~Jessica~
Forum Rookie
Forum Rookie

Posted: Oct 27 2008 at 10:05am | IP Logged Quote ~Jessica~

I won't have a chance to put the Catholic Cuisine Hallowed Days Fair together until later this afternoon (Pacific Time) so I thought I'd let you all know in case any one else is interested in sharing ideas, posts, recipes, etc...you still have time for submissions!!! Anything you have would be greatly appreciated!   

Catholic Cuisine
Back to Top View ~Jessica~'s Profile Search for other posts by ~Jessica~ Visit ~Jessica~'s Homepage

JennGM
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: Oct 28 2008 at 4:42pm | IP Logged Quote JennGM

The post for the Hallowed Days: All Saints and All Souls Fair is up and looks great! Go visit and get inspired!

MaryM
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Posted: Dec 01 2008 at 1:29am | IP Logged Quote MaryM

Bumping this - would love to have your submissions for the St. Nicholas Fair. Send pictures, ideas, post links to bonnybluehouse at gmail dot com or PM Mary Ellen from here. Submissions are requested by Wednesday.

Thanks!!

Our Domestic Church

Mary G
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Dec 01 2008 at 6:09am | IP Logged Quote Mary G

Thanks MaryM for the "gentle" reminder -- I'll have something this evening or tomorrow ....

Blessings!

my website that combines my schooling, hand-knits work, writing and everything else in one spot!
Back to Top View Mary G's Profile Search for other posts by Mary G Visit Mary G's Homepage

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

[Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version