Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Mothering and Family Life
 4Real Forums : Mothering and Family Life
Subject Topic: What do you tell other mothers? Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
Kelly
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Online Status: Offline
Posted: Nov 01 2005 at 10:49pm | IP Logged Quote Kelly

I always respond with humor. You know, "Laughter is the best medicine" kindof approach. Whenever I'm asked "You have HOW MANY?" or "Are you DONE?" or some other silly question, I always say something like, "Only 6 so far, and hoping for twins..." or (in answer to 'are you done'), "I certainly HOPE not! Breeders are leaders, you know!"

I like to add to my little repetoire that I participate in a Mom's Riding Group of 3 moms. Together we have 25 children. Mine is the SMALL Family.

Keep 'em gasping is my policy.

Kelly in FL
Back to Top View Kelly's Profile Search for other posts by Kelly

almamater
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: Nov 01 2005 at 11:38pm | IP Logged Quote almamater

We just had our fourth this summer, so I have just started getting some of the more aggressive line of questioning. However, last spring (when #4 was on the way) I ran into an old acquaintance who was shocked to see me pregnant..."So many, so fast" she muttered in disbelief. Later, in the parking lot, she asked, "don't you guys know how that happens?" I leaned over (out of the children's earshot) and smiled, "Why yes, of course we know, why do you think we have so many?!" Later my dh asked about our hushed conversation. I finally fessed up to what I had said. He scolded me a bit, but walked away with a smirk on his face.

Recently, a lady accosted me with the "How do you do it? I had enough with my one, etc. etc." I was blank at the time, but now I know my answer. "How could I NOT do it? This is who I am, my calling."

When people ask if we plan to have more, I simply respond, "God willing, we will have more." How many, they ask, "I don't like to limit myself or God."

One day we were at the nursing home so our piano students could perform. I was in the hallway with the littles and two elderly women came up to me completely independent of each other and each admired the children and then openly wept as they told me they wished they'd had more.   

I LOVE the "keep them gasping" policy!!

Soulful Learning
Back to Top View almamater's Profile Search for other posts by almamater

Erica Sanchez
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Nov 02 2005 at 9:50am | IP Logged Quote Erica Sanchez

chrisv664 wrote:
"You are the reason we have this baby."

Tears in my eyes right now.....this is beautiful!

Back to Top View Erica Sanchez's Profile Search for other posts by Erica Sanchez

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

<< Prev Page of 2
  [Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version