Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Our Lady's Loom, Larder, and Laundry
 4Real Forums : Our Lady's Loom, Larder, and Laundry
Subject Topic: Flylady Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
Sarah
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Online Status: Offline
Posted: Oct 18 2005 at 6:33pm | IP Logged Quote Sarah

Hey, I like the idea of these vinyl things for equipment and winter gear! I wonder if they have ones that'd fit mitts. I have mitts galore.
I know,. . . during the sports season, you fold the uniform to fit the pocket, and add as much gear as they need. The pregame crying jag while looking for socks, shinguards, mitts, hats, cleats, shorts or baseballs pants would be seriously reduced. I would like to hear more about these and where you'd pick them up. Are you putting them on the backs of the doors? Any trouble when they go to shut the door?

Back to Top View Sarah's Profile Search for other posts by Sarah

Elizabeth
Founder
Founder

Real Learning

Posted: Oct 18 2005 at 6:49pm | IP Logged Quote Elizabeth

Baseball mitts? Hmmm...I'll have to fall asleep pondering that one. The only door that won't close is the one between the mudroom and the garage--it's a wider steel door.

My master bathroom toilet is all by itself in a little room (I'm sure these rooms have names) so it's an interior door inside the bathroom. There I will store Advil in the same pocket with the thermometer , an assortment of inhalers, benadryl cream and benadryl liquid, Bandaid squirt stuff in the blue bottle along with the tube of neosporin (same pocket), Baby Balm, herbal chest rub, herbal muscle rub, herbal sleep rub...you get the idea!

Elizabeth Foss is no longer a member of this forum. Discussions now reflect the current management & are not necessarily expressions of her book, *Real Learning*, her current work, or her philosophy. (posted by E. Foss, Jan 2011)
Back to Top View Elizabeth's Profile Search for other posts by Elizabeth

Becky Parker
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Oct 19 2005 at 6:54am | IP Logged Quote Becky Parker

Elizabeth,
I could definately use something like this for hats/mittens as well as one in the classroom. Are these just the clear plastic shoe organizers from Walmart or a similiar store?
Becky

Back to Top View Becky Parker's Profile Search for other posts by Becky Parker

Marybeth
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Oct 20 2005 at 11:08am | IP Logged Quote Marybeth

Anyone working on the Holiday Cruising Missions? Just curious...

I'm making my list of organizing tools I need to get for the bathroom and am definitely getting the shoe organizers Elizabeth suggested. Hopefully we all be able to find our mittens a tad easier this winter.

Marybeth
Back to Top View Marybeth's Profile Search for other posts by Marybeth

Elizabeth
Founder
Founder

Real Learning

Posted: Oct 20 2005 at 12:43pm | IP Logged Quote Elizabeth

I went to Target yesterday to get more clear organizers and they were sold out! My four-year-old said, "Of course they are Mom! You've got them all..." I still need two more...

Elizabeth Foss is no longer a member of this forum. Discussions now reflect the current management & are not necessarily expressions of her book, *Real Learning*, her current work, or her philosophy. (posted by E. Foss, Jan 2011)

Marybeth
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Oct 20 2005 at 12:45pm | IP Logged Quote Marybeth

Elizabeth,

That is hilarious!!!

Here's hoping I can find some tomorrow on my shopping/organization adventure!

Marybeth

Cheryl
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Oct 20 2005 at 2:19pm | IP Logged Quote Cheryl

Marybeth wrote:

I printed out the Holiday Control Journal, put in a binder and showed it to my husband. I think, when I get a chance, I'll start by filling in the holiday gift list. That's something I do every year anyway.   

Back to Top View Cheryl's Profile Search for other posts by Cheryl Visit Cheryl's Homepage

amyable
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Oct 20 2005 at 2:24pm | IP Logged Quote amyable

I just signed on yesterday for both Flylady and Large Family Logistics. I think my email box is about to explode!

I want to read them both simultaneously to see which I like best, but 56 emails after just a few hours have gone by may do me in.    Guess I can switch to digest ... but then I'll tend to want to do all she says at one time...

Back to Top View amyable's Profile Search for other posts by amyable

teachingmom
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star
Virginia Bluebells

Posted: Oct 20 2005 at 10:29pm | IP Logged Quote teachingmom

Well, I finally signed on with Flylady, and I agree about the bulging inbox. It does seem a bit overwhelming. I think I need to find a few things to incorporate into my day and start small.

Some things won't work for me at all. I like to go barefoot in the summer and wear socks and moccasin-style leather slippers in the colder weather around the house. I have no desire to change that. But so many of her ideas are so simple, yet helpful.

Marybeth wrote:

While I haven't put together a holiday control journal, I did take one simple step toward holiday organization. I have already purchased a few Christmas presents. Last night I gathered up the receipts and put them in a labeled envelope and hid it where I can find it when I need to.

Mary K
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Oct 20 2005 at 11:07pm | IP Logged Quote Mary K

I keep the receipts in a small compartment in my purse, that way I have them if I need to return anything. I'm almost done shopping. Just need to get 3 more gifts and start wrapping. Our baby girl is due 11/13 hence the reason for shopping early.
Mary-NY
Back to Top View Mary K's Profile Search for other posts by Mary K

Cheryl
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Oct 21 2005 at 7:59am | IP Logged Quote Cheryl

Does the Flylady ever talk about yard work?

Back to Top View Cheryl's Profile Search for other posts by Cheryl Visit Cheryl's Homepage

Sarah
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Oct 21 2005 at 8:01am | IP Logged Quote Sarah

I've been thinking more about the shoe thing and what she's trying to do with that. She just wants to make sure you don't feel too comfy to work so wear what works for you. I just can't do lace-up shoes. I like mary janes, sandals, etc.

Back to Top View Sarah's Profile Search for other posts by Sarah

JennGM
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: Oct 21 2005 at 11:25am | IP Logged Quote JennGM

Elizabeth wrote:
I went to Target yesterday to get more clear organizers and they were sold out! My four-year-old said, "Of course they are Mom! You've got them all..." I still need two more...

Elizabeth,

Did you go to the Target in Manassas to find more? I was just there, inspired by your organization and wanted to buy a few. NONE. Empty rod. I didn't think anyone on this board lived nearby to come to MY Target! So, who's the culprit?

Back to Top View JennGM's Profile Search for other posts by JennGM Visit JennGM's Homepage

JennGM
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: Oct 21 2005 at 11:46am | IP Logged Quote JennGM

And what's a "clingie"? How can I put one there to prevent a HotSpot if I don't know if I even have one!

Back to Top View JennGM's Profile Search for other posts by JennGM Visit JennGM's Homepage

amyable
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Oct 21 2005 at 12:19pm | IP Logged Quote amyable

jenngm67 wrote:
And what's a "clingie"? How can I put one there to prevent a HotSpot if I don't know if I even have one!

A clingie is like a sticker except you can pull it off (it's plastic, like colorforms). Here is a link to the flylady clingie

Flylady Clingie

Back to Top View amyable's Profile Search for other posts by amyable

Marybeth
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Oct 21 2005 at 4:05pm | IP Logged Quote Marybeth

There are shoe organizers here in Chicago. If you get desperate...I can send some to VA!

Flylady does indeed talk about yardwork. Again, setting the timer for 15 minutes and attacking what you can do. Don't go overboard planning your whole yard and such. Just get out there pull weeds, rake, etc.
Also, plan in advance of the season what you need/want to buy and budget for it. Slowly buy plants, bulbs, trees whatever you need. Don't stress!!
We followed the Flylady method this spring and summer for our yard. I never felt stressed just a bit depressed (pardon the rhyme). I finally do some gardening and there is a drought.

Remember 15 minutes and budgeting your yard needs/wants.

Marybeth

Elizabeth
Founder
Founder

Real Learning

Posted: Oct 21 2005 at 4:28pm | IP Logged Quote Elizabeth

jenngm67 wrote:
Elizabeth,

Did you go to the Target in Manassas to find more? I was just there, inspired by your organization and wanted to buy a few. NONE. Empty rod. I didn't think anyone on this board lived nearby to come to MY Target! So, who's the culprit?

Nope. But I am on my way to Leesburg tomorrow, unless Molly's gotten there ahead of me...

Natalia
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Oct 21 2005 at 5:38pm | IP Logged Quote Natalia

Cheryl wrote:
Does the Flylady ever talk about yard work?

And what about attics, garages etc? It seems to me that those would be hard to handle in 15 mins.

Natalia
Back to Top View Natalia's Profile Search for other posts by Natalia

Marybeth
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Oct 21 2005 at 9:47pm | IP Logged Quote Marybeth

Yep! Same idea with the attic and garage...fifteen minutes at a time. What I did was set my timer for 15 minutes and pull things to sort/purge out of my attic or garage...ding...then the next 15 minutes sort/purge that   clutter.

I didn't start my attic until my main level was a bit under control. Once my main rooms looked well then up to the attic I went with my trash bags and throw it all away attitude!!!

I read a Fly essay about 4 years ago that stated most clutter in the basement and the attic is just junk we are holding onto and not relevant to our day to day living. It makes us depressed to see those areas and sometimes the clutter we have can make us hold onto negative memories.

It was the best feeling in my old house to declutter my attic. I was able to give away about 50 bags to charity and bless someone else.

I only could concentrate on my attic by using my crockpot and having a well run morning routine. That is just what worked for me! Most people are not as sloppy as I am.

Marybeth

lilac hill
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Oct 22 2005 at 7:00am | IP Logged Quote lilac hill

To handle the computer inbox clutter I have the FlyLAdy emails going to their own folder (we have Outlook). I did this using the RULES feature.
If you wanted to limit the emails you see you could create another "rule" to move emails with a specific subject line to the delete folder and once you are ready to add the new ideas to your routine you could get rid of the rule.
Using Outlook I have been able to click on the TOOLS button on the top taskbar and then the RULES AND ALERTS button or you can right click the actual message in your inbox and click CREATE RULE. The program leads you through the necessary steps.
V

Wife to Rick (7/83), Mom to dd#1(6/87), dd#2(1/90), and dd#3(6/94) in central PA.
Back to Top View lilac hill's Profile Search for other posts by lilac hill

<< Prev Page of 5 Next >>
  [Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version