Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Domestic Church
 4Real Forums : Domestic Church
Subject Topic: FHC gift ideas Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
Jenn Sal
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Online Status: Offline
Posted: April 25 2008 at 3:20pm | IP Logged Quote Jenn Sal

I'm looking for a gift for my nephew. I'm trying to find different ideas. Since I just found out that he's receiving next Sat., I'm short on time to purchase and deliver.

My husband and I feel a need to send him something special since his family doesn't seem to find this event very special. Not trying to be disrespectful, it's just how it is. That's why we just found out about it. And that was with my husband calling and saying, "Hey, is'nt .... receiving FHC this year?"

Any help is appreciated!

PDyer
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: April 25 2008 at 4:01pm | IP Logged Quote PDyer

I'm the book-giving aunt, so I recently sent Little Catechism on the Eucharist to a niece making her FHC.

Back to Top View PDyer's Profile Search for other posts by PDyer Visit PDyer's Homepage

KackyK
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: April 25 2008 at 7:20pm | IP Logged Quote KackyK

Another good book would be Weight of a Mass. Or maybe a nice children's bible. My mom always gives each of my kids a frame from Things Remembered (don't know if you have a store like that around you...things that can be engraved). She has their full name on top and First Holy Communion and date at the bottom. Also, I don't know if you have a Catholic store around you, but have you seen those cute pillowcases with prayers on them like from here? Those are cute. Oh and I'm giving my ds this year for his FHC a rosary and a Cat Chat CD.

HTH

Mom to 8 - 3 dd, 5ds & 4 babes in heaven

Beginning With the Assumption
Back to Top View KackyK's Profile Search for other posts by KackyK Visit KackyK's Homepage

Mary Chris
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: April 25 2008 at 7:25pm | IP Logged Quote Mary Chris

I love the Weight of a Mass. I gave all the First Communicants in my CGS class a copy. A Good Shepherd statue is also nice.

mary theresa
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: April 25 2008 at 7:34pm | IP Logged Quote mary theresa

I think a Holy Bible with a nice cover and maybe their name in gold on it (for ex, I've seen one in the right hand lowest corner) is a really lovely idea. It's something he'll never outgrow.

mavmama
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: April 25 2008 at 9:51pm | IP Logged Quote mavmama

We are giving our goddaughter a copy of Catholic Mosaic. She and her mom (her dad passed away 2 years ago) will enjoy it together for a long time. I think we will also send a book from the selections a few times a year.

I like the idea of an engraved frame, that would be very nice, too.

Back to Top View mavmama's Profile Search for other posts by mavmama

Jenn Sal
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: April 26 2008 at 9:31am | IP Logged Quote Jenn Sal

Thank you, everyone!!! After talking with my husband, he doesn't want to give a book. He's afraid the book will just sit on the shelf. We LOVE books and the idea of giving Catholic Mosaic is such a wonderful and generous idea! I'll have to keep that in mind for the future! I love the Weight of the Mass, too!

KackyK, I love the Catholic Child Catalog site! I can't believe I've never seen that before! Cat Chat is something my kids might like.

We are now thinking of a sports medal. I'm not in love with the idea, but it may be an "acceptable" way to bring the faith into their family.

I'm going to have a Mass said for his intention. This will make me feel better.

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

[Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version