Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Tea and Conversation (Forum Locked Forum Locked)
 4Real Forums : Tea and Conversation
Subject Topic: I'm Maryan and you are? Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
Maryan
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Online Status: Offline
Posted: April 03 2008 at 8:14pm | IP Logged Quote Maryan

Mary Theresa wrote:
. I got "marriage prepped" by Maryan's brother-in-law priest -- bet you didn't know that, Maryan! I JUST recently figured out what the "Woudes" part of your blog title meant!

I didn't know before... but I realized who you were in your first line. Husband from 17 gave you away!! And then you gve me a confirmation with this one!!

I met Patty at 4Real conf. last year!! And Stef, if we met - we'd make quite the sight. I'm 5'8".

Back to Top View Maryan's Profile Search for other posts by Maryan

KC in TX
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: April 03 2008 at 8:14pm | IP Logged Quote KC in TX

My name is KC and I'm living in Texas. I grew up in Houston but never made it back after graduating from high school. It took my husband many, many years and moves before finally being stationed here.

1. I've gone skydiving not tandem but all by myself and absolutely loved it. I'd do it again if I were not a mother.
2. I do all the driving in my family. Dh and I get into too many arguments so we've made peace with me driving everywhere. Dh will drive on long trips.
3. I'm a cradle Catholic, but did everything late from First Communion to Confirmation.
4. I'm a terrible housekeeper. I'm not dirty but man, it's so hard to get a good cleaning routine going.
5. One of my biggest fears is lava. Go figure. I live in Central Texas--where's the nearest volcano?

Michaela ('01)
Emma ('03)
Jordan ('05)
And, my 2 angels, Rose ('08) and Mark ('09)

The Cabbage Patch
Back to Top View KC in TX's Profile Search for other posts by KC in TX

hylabrook1
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: April 03 2008 at 8:25pm | IP Logged Quote hylabrook1

1. I think I'm about the oldest one on these Boards. 54 this past January.

2. Born and raised Catholic, but my family was not *religious*; joined the Methodist church at 18; *came back* in college so my intended and I could share our faith. Have come to deeply appreciate what it means to be Catholic.

3. 5 daughters, 12,16,21,24,and 26; 1 son, 18.

4. Have been a SAHM mom for 27 years; before that practiced law for a few years. Homeschooling for our 16th year.

5. I think my present job is the most challenging and most interesting thing I can imagine doing.

So there you have it!

Peace,
Nancy

P.S. I met Patty at 4Real last summer, too! And Ruth, too! I saw Maryan, but she was really busy working on the *staff*, so I didn't get to talk to her.
Back to Top View hylabrook1's Profile Search for other posts by hylabrook1

aussieannie
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: April 03 2008 at 8:41pm | IP Logged Quote aussieannie

I have thoroughly enjoyed reading everyone's 5 facts - this is great Maryan!

1. I absolutely LOVE herbs, I see a herbalist but also grow my own and enjoy collected herb books, as I sit here now typing, I'm eating comfrey & pineapple juice ice-blocks!

2. My real name is Anne and most people call me Anne but up until the age of 9 I was referred to as Anne-Maree (Maree being my second name) and I am affectionately known by some of my loved ones as "Annie" and I have a childhood memory of uncles and aunties calling me "Annie-get-your-gun"

3. My husband and I are both pastel portrait artists and there is 21 years between us.

4. I live on a peninsula, surrounded by a bay that is supposedly the home of the Great White Pointer but thankfully the shores are extremely shallow and they are not been known to come close...well I hope that's right!!

5. I thank my father's intercession for our home, the day he died 7.7.00 was on the end of our home loan account number and when we re-financed (and I was sad at the thought of losing that number) I was phoned by the bank to confirm it all went through ok and the phone number on the screen ended in 7700!

(if there were a no. 6, it would be that I'm verbose, but hey that wouldn't be a NEW fact, would it?)

Back to Top View aussieannie's Profile Search for other posts by aussieannie Visit aussieannie's Homepage

MarilynW
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: April 03 2008 at 8:52pm | IP Logged Quote MarilynW

I don't think that I ever introduced myself formally. I almost started with Hi, My name is Marilyn and I am a Bookaholic... but I will do it properly...though hard for me to do 5

1. I was born in Malawi (anyone know where that is?) as my parents were working there
2. I lived in Malawi, England and France before moving here.
3. I met my husband when I was 18 - first year at college - we were in the 9am 17th Century French Literature class at Leeds University in England. We only started dating though a couple of weeks before graduating in 1991. We have been married for almost 16 years.
4. I have 5 children - dd(11), twin ds (8) ds(4) and ds(8 months) - all miracles to me, as I was told in my very early twenties that I may never have children
5. I am a cradle Catholic - I did wander away from the Catholic church in my teens and attend evangelical/Protestant churches - but returned in my twenties
6. I used to be adventurous (until I had kids!!) - backpacked around Europe, did mission work in Africa and took Greyhound one summer from DC to Vergas, Minnesota, when I was 18 - to go work in a French Language summer camp. Now going to the grocery store is a big challenge for me
7. I have been homeschooling for 3 years - my kids went to Catholic school before that.
8. Until last summer I had never met anyone IRL - now I have met so many wonderful people from this forum, and have been blessed by countless others I have never met.

Back to Top View MarilynW's Profile Search for other posts by MarilynW

guitarnan
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: April 03 2008 at 8:54pm | IP Logged Quote guitarnan

Watch me sneak in some extra facts...he he he...

1. I'm a cradle Catholic who went to 12 years of Catholic school and then attended the largest public school she could find...UCLA. GO BRUINS!

2. I've been married to dh and the Navy for 23 years; so far we've moved ten times and I have had 9 different jobs - not counting my homeschooling vocation, which is completely different.

3. I have played the guitar for 33 (!) years and have been active in music ministry all that time except when my children were infants and toddlers. You can't nurse a baby while holding a guitar.

4. I'm currently a travel writer - OK, I write about wine knowledge, too - and I have three articles due by Monday. (Yes, my parents are visiting and dh is gone...)

5. I spent a high school semester in Ireland as an exchange student. My host family thought I was weird for liking the Mass with all the music - it took a whole hour instead of the typical music-free Mass, which lasted all of 30 minutes. Irish priests can really talk quickly!

hopalenik
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: April 03 2008 at 8:55pm | IP Logged Quote hopalenik

Hi,

I have been around for a year, so here it goes...

1) I love politics and always have loved politics. And I hate/despise/loathe sports.

2) I love to dance, although since I had 5 kids and have not lost the weight no one else would love to see me dance.

3) I am an only child and I hated every single minute of being an only child.

4) My best evening would be curled up with a book, a glass of Paddy (real Irish wiskey) and talk radio running in the background. But that like never happens.

5) I must confess that I buy too many books and that I should probably go to therapy for it or something:)

CandaceC
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: April 03 2008 at 9:10pm | IP Logged Quote CandaceC

Great idea!! I love this board!

1. I'm 31 years old, married to David since 2000. We have 3 little ones.

2. I am not Catholic. But still LOVE this board! I first found it after finding Elizabeth's blog. Then I read her book - love it! And have been an avid reader of this board since then! I am a Baptist girl.

3. I LOVE homeschooling our kids!

4. I am also a southern girl, right now living in East TN.

5. I have a music degree as well as education. I taught Kindergarten before having kids and loved it! Now, I love teaching my own even more! (that's not to say there aren't lots of hard days, but I still generally love it!)

His Mercy Is New
Back to Top View CandaceC's Profile Search for other posts by CandaceC Visit CandaceC's Homepage

Lavenderfields
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: April 03 2008 at 9:52pm | IP Logged Quote Lavenderfields

Hi,

I have enjoyed your posts, here is mine:

1. I am a cradle catholic, but learned very little as a child. My mother would drop us off at CCD or Church and come back and pick us up. I have learned so much from all of you here and the moms in my homes school group.

2. This year, I will be 50 years old.

3. I love my church, we have some great priests, but as we all know things change, and times, they are a changing. I attend daily Mass regularly.

4. I live in So. California and have experienced 3 major earthquakes.

5. I am the leader for our local homeschooling group. And I started little flowers here and enjoy helping the girls put together a tea for their mothers.

God Bless
Robynn
God Bless
Robynn
Back to Top View Lavenderfields's Profile Search for other posts by Lavenderfields

Tonya
Forum Rookie
Forum Rookie

Posted: April 03 2008 at 10:02pm | IP Logged Quote Tonya

Hello. My name is Tonya and I have been lurking on this board for about a week. It is very inspiring.

1. I am 47, married 25 years to a wonderful man, and have six beautiful children (and have lost three more).

2. My husband and I are both only children. That means that my children will never have cousins.

3. Easter Vigil was my 25th anniversary of my Baptism and Confirmation into the Catholic Church.

4. I spent the first 22 years of my life in beautiful Colorado and unfortunately have not been able to live there since (I currently live in Pittsburgh)

5. I thank God everyday for the path that he has helped me to find, from thinking that I wanted to be a feminist career woman to being a homeschooling mother of six.
Back to Top View Tonya's Profile Search for other posts by Tonya

Kristie 4
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: April 03 2008 at 10:36pm | IP Logged Quote Kristie 4

Hi,
What a great idea...

1.I am 35, married for 12 years and have 4 great kids.

2.I love to knit and read (and drinking a good dark stout would round out that trio perfectly )

3. I play Ultimate frisbee at a ridiculously late time once a week through our long Canadian winter.

4.I also used to be a little more adventurous- went off backpacking by myself to India, travelled alot through the states (don't want to scare anyone off down there...but yes I was a 'deadhead'), went to Russia

5. I love living day in day out with my children...on the good days, the wonderful days, and on those days we won't mention. My dreams of being a doctor or midwife are so far in the past and when asked about when I will be doing that I smile and say probably not for a very long time, probably never!!

A Walk in the Woods

Back to Top View Kristie 4's Profile Search for other posts by Kristie 4 Visit Kristie 4's Homepage

MaryM
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Posted: April 04 2008 at 3:32am | IP Logged Quote MaryM

Enjoying this very much - Maryan!

Hmmm, what to say? When I want to surprise people I usually tell them I regularly have approx. 250 library books checked out, but that is getting to be old news here and probably something I need therapy for also. I could steal ideas from other people's lists, like that I have had graying hair since my early 20s or that I moved around the country quite a bit due to a non-military but federal government employee father. Can't claim the pom-pom girl thing though as I was more the Student Body President type.

So here goes...

1. I am a western girl. Though I lived a few years in the midwest and east I always longed to return to the mountains and "big sky" (the sky really is different).

2. Got married before my senior year in college and that first year of marriage my husband and I were the Residence Hall Directors for the freshman dorm (parenting 250 teenage children right off the bat )

3. I watched way too much television growing up and am now sharing fun old shows on dvd with my kids who love them as much as I do - I know, I know - no tomotoes please. The ring tone on my phone is the theme to Bonanza.

4. I never met a craft I didn't like - okay maybe latch hooking (still have the unfinished rug I started 30 years ago - my mom recently gave me everything still left at their house from my youth).

5. I once feared that our archbishop might try to get a restraining order against me. (Maryan said to keep these short, so I cannot elaborate.)

Our Domestic Church
Back to Top View MaryM's Profile Search for other posts by MaryM Visit MaryM's Homepage

Lisbet
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: April 04 2008 at 3:56am | IP Logged Quote Lisbet

FUN!! New names and new information about old names! :) One of 17 Mary Theresa? Wow! I have a friend who is one of 17 too! A stout drinker here? And whisky too! Like I said - FUN! Okay ---

1. I have lived in Ohio my whole life, I rarely ever leave Ohio. Okay, so I live a stones throw from the MI border, so I do leave Ohio alot, but, well, does that really count as leaving Ohio?

2. I am friends with MarieC and MissyC, both who post here from time to time. There are a bunch of other ladies from our circles here that lurk, but never post. I do wish they would!

3. I am a high school graduate, by the skin of my teeth. I never went to collage.

4. Married my husband at 19, right outta high school, and started our family right away. I have been a wife and mother my entire adult life! :)

5. My first language was German. My father couldn't understand me, so he forbid my mother and to speak it to me anymore. I speak very choppy now, but can understand no problem!

Abby, 15
Gabe, 13
Isaac, 11
Mary, 10
Sam, 9
Henry, 7
Molly, 6
Mark, 5
Greta, 3
Cecilia born 10.29.10
Josephine born 6.11.12
Back to Top View Lisbet's Profile Search for other posts by Lisbet

LucyP
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: April 04 2008 at 4:22am | IP Logged Quote LucyP

Hello!

1. I was just received into the Church . I'm just a regular Beginner Catholic with an inclination away from modernism and innovation

2. I have been married to my dh for 13 years this July; we married at 20 and I still LURVE him so much!

3. We have two adopted blessings: DS aged 4 who came to us at 18mo, and DD aged 11mo who came to us at 6mo.

4. I would like someone to invent an intravenous coffee drip.

5. I spend too much time on line

Back to Top View LucyP's Profile Search for other posts by LucyP

Dawn
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: April 04 2008 at 5:33am | IP Logged Quote Dawn

Maryan, this is a lovely idea!!

Hi, my name is Dawn and ...

1. Except for having been born at a Texas army base, I have lived my entire life (all 39 years of it) in New England.

2. I have a big family and I love to entertain.    

3. I love nature and especially birdwatching. This year I hope to garden more with my boys. I am re-reading all my Sharon Lovejoy books right now.

4. I would like to work on making better pies this summer. In particular, I'd like to perfect my grandmother's crust.   

5. We'd love to move to the country someday (maybe VT or ME) and own a small organic farm.

And there's five!

Back to Top View Dawn's Profile Search for other posts by Dawn

Erin
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: April 04 2008 at 5:53am | IP Logged Quote Erin

How fascinating

Let's see:
1: We live on the North Coast of NSW Australia near some of the most beautiful beaches in the country and rarely get there

2:I am the oldest of eight, my youngest sister is 16, only 18months older than my dd. Dh is one of seven.

3: Both dh and I are cradle Catholics,

4: I have 100 boxes of books sitting in a shipping container on my property which I have just spent the last two weeks sorting and labeling. (There is a reason)

5: I am due to have our eighth child in September and am in shock at times. I!! have this many children!!!? I'm only 36. Wow

Back to Top View Erin's Profile Search for other posts by Erin Visit Erin's Homepage

aussieannie
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: April 04 2008 at 6:19am | IP Logged Quote aussieannie

guitarnan wrote:
5. I spent a high school semester in Ireland as an exchange student. My host family thought I was weird for liking the Mass with all the music - it took a whole hour instead of the typical music-free Mass, which lasted all of 30 minutes. Irish priests can really talk quickly!

Talking quickly must be a trait for them...we know a lovely Irish priest but his Masses are SO fast, it's not funny! Daily Masses at 15minutes, no joke!

Back to Top View aussieannie's Profile Search for other posts by aussieannie Visit aussieannie's Homepage

Aggie gal
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: April 04 2008 at 7:03am | IP Logged Quote Aggie gal

Too much fun...

1. I am adopted, along with my brother.

2. I not only have a great relationship with my mother, but also met my bith mother at 31 and have a great relationship with her as well.

3. Never ever liked coffee until this past December and now can't get enough of it. (what was wrong with me all those years?!?)

4. I'd love to learn to snowboard.

5. My ideal place for retirement would be somewhere in the mountains, with a beach next door....

Back to Top View Aggie gal's Profile Search for other posts by Aggie gal

AndreaG
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: April 04 2008 at 7:16am | IP Logged Quote AndreaG

Fun!
I'm not sure I can think of 5 things as I've not had my coffee yet, but here goes:

1. I love coffee
2. I'm a convert, came into the church 5 years ago. I was raised with no religion/new age background. It was quite the conversion!
3. I studied child development in college, and love preschool education and montessori.
4. I grew up in NJ, but now reside in southern Wisconsin.
5. Before I had kids I used to do all kinds of crafty things like knitting and crocheting, and would love to find time for that again. But for now blogging is my hobby, b/c its harder for the kids to make a mess of

Back to Top View AndreaG's Profile Search for other posts by AndreaG

marihalojen
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: April 04 2008 at 7:38am | IP Logged Quote marihalojen

What fun! Let's see...

Hello! My name is Jennifer and...

1. When we first moved onto the sailboat this Western girl had never been in water where she couldn't see the bottom. Total panic attack involving white knuckles on the swim ladder and barely putting my masked face in then coming up for lots of air! Now, I scuba dive.

2. I'd like to sail up the east coast, I've never been anywhere east except Upper New York state and the history available thrills me!

3. I ran a weaving studio in college and miss it soooo much.

4. My family went "Back to the Land" when I was in middle school - 180 acres, well water, cows and horses and goats and sheep and chickens, the whole works.

5. I'm married to an Army Hard Hat Diver (retired) but called him Navy for months after I met him, but he forgave me and married me since he's also a Navy Chief.

SSR = Sailing, Snorkling, Reading
Back to Top View marihalojen's Profile Search for other posts by marihalojen Visit marihalojen's Homepage

<< Prev Page of 16 Next >>
  [Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version