Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Tea and Conversation (Forum Locked Forum Locked)
 4Real Forums : Tea and Conversation
Subject Topic: Vanity vs. self-improvement Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
hylabrook1
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Online Status: Offline
Posted: March 28 2008 at 3:15pm | IP Logged Quote hylabrook1

I don't know whether I saw this on here in another thread or it came from somewhere else, but it applies to the discussion of wanting to *fix ourselves up* to please our husbands. There was a list of the ten (or some number) things husbands most want from their wives. This came from a survey of some sort. Number 2 or 3 was for their wives to appear attractive. Certainly the particulars of that vary from one man to another, but I thought it was interesting and worth recognizing that our appearance is so very important to our husbands. So looking nice is a way to show love for dh.

Peace,
Nancy
Back to Top View hylabrook1's Profile Search for other posts by hylabrook1

snowbabiesmom
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Online Status: Offline
Posted: March 28 2008 at 7:31pm | IP Logged Quote snowbabiesmom

This is such an interesting thread! I have found with myself, I feel better (more polished) with a clean haircut... if that makes sense. I usually have very long hair and it does grow very fast, but at times in the wind while loading the car or entering the grocery store, I feel I look like a mess. With five kids all around and in my buggy, I would rather have people look at me as a silent "witness to Life" if I look "put together" rather than a mom with a ton of kids who is a mess and can't keep up with herself. Just last week I got my one and only haircut for the year, but I got about 8 inches cut off and "styled" With make up, I use light coverage, but not to attract any attention. My Main focus on my grooming has been, do I represent a Positive outlook on Life ( children) I suppose with weight, that;s another story as I have struggled with it since having severe thyroid issues. Now my focus has been more of getting on the treadmill for a small moment of me time ( and my rosary) vs what is was in hopes of losing weight.

Nico'13;Zelie Oct'14, *Mary Joseph Jan'16
God's Canvas
Back to Top View snowbabiesmom's Profile Search for other posts by snowbabiesmom Visit snowbabiesmom's Homepage

Sorry, you cannot post a reply to this topic.
This forum has been locked by a forum administrator.

<< Prev Page of 2
  [Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version