Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Our Lady's Loom, Larder, and Laundry
 4Real Forums : Our Lady's Loom, Larder, and Laundry
Subject Topic: What color is your master bedroom? Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
Carole N.
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Online Status: Offline
Posted: Feb 29 2008 at 7:56am | IP Logged Quote Carole N.

Currently, we live in a rental. The bedroom walls are a vibrant pink with a touch of purple for accents.

The house that we hope to purchase has wallpaper with a light tea-colored base and a brushed effect of cranberry over it. It is very unique looking and completely relaxing.

CrunchyMom
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: Feb 29 2008 at 8:45am | IP Logged Quote CrunchyMom

Ours is a happy apple green. I've considered going with a more earthy sage, but I do find the apple to be cheery without being too bright.

[URL=http://mysymphonygarden.blogspot.com/]Lost in the Cosmos[/UR
Back to Top View CrunchyMom's Profile Search for other posts by CrunchyMom

mama251ders
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Feb 29 2008 at 9:26am | IP Logged Quote mama251ders

Ours is a nice bright, light blue. It started out as our boys room, but we did a major shuffle a few months ago and we moved into the blue room. I thought I would want to paint it, but I actually like it! Now if I could just settle on curtains and some sort of headboard. Sigh.

Blessings,
Betsie

Back to Top View mama251ders's Profile Search for other posts by mama251ders

JennGM
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: Feb 29 2008 at 9:38am | IP Logged Quote JennGM

Dh just painted all the bedrooms before the baby arrived. We had a soft pale yellow in the house before, and he wanted to repeat it, but we get full sun in that room and it gets hot. So I wanted to cool it down. Our room is a pale, ice blue. In some light it looks like a hint of green, kind of a soft sea foam.

If you've ever ridden the Small World Ride at Disney World, there's one room with lots of light blue, green and white that it reminds me of. A very calm, cool color to us.

Back to Top View JennGM's Profile Search for other posts by JennGM Visit JennGM's Homepage

nissag
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Feb 29 2008 at 10:07am | IP Logged Quote nissag

We currently have a papered bedroom in beiges and pinks. I love the colour scheme. however, it's time to change the paper and I'm leaning toward cream beadboard up to the chair rail with "Norfolk Rose" paper on top. YUMMY. All warm reds and blousy roses.

My poor hubby. Ah, well, he gets the sandalwood candle to console him.

At Home With the Gadbois Family

Back to Top View nissag's Profile Search for other posts by nissag Visit nissag's Homepage

hmbress
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: Feb 29 2008 at 7:27pm | IP Logged Quote hmbress

I love, love, love our bedroom - it's done in a very light sage green called "Hearts of Palm" with cream trim. Very serene - I call it my "at home B&B".

Kristie 4
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Feb 29 2008 at 11:31pm | IP Logged Quote Kristie 4

We have a nice rich coffee with creme brown. It is very warming, which is important to me considering our climate

A Walk in the Woods

Back to Top View Kristie 4's Profile Search for other posts by Kristie 4 Visit Kristie 4's Homepage

aussieannie
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: March 01 2008 at 3:22am | IP Logged Quote aussieannie

A cool blue, very Marian! But I'd like to paint the whole house a uniform light cream...

Back to Top View aussieannie's Profile Search for other posts by aussieannie Visit aussieannie's Homepage

SallyT
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: March 03 2008 at 10:28pm | IP Logged Quote SallyT

Ours is a sort of olive-greeny taupe, the color which predominated throughout our house when we bought it. I've done most of the common areas of the house in an off-white (except for my vibrant red dining room!), but I haven't gotten to the bedrooms yet, and they're all that color.

For us, it's a decent neutral -- fairly warm, though also kind of dark for a room with narrow windows and northern exposure. The taupe is okay and livable -- we have a pale blue-and-white patterned quilt on our bed, a lot of walnut furniture, and a darkish-brown seagrass headboard (actually a folding screen which I made into a headboard for our Hollywood frame bed).

Now that we're moving, I'm just going to go through the house with the same off-white that I've used in our living room and kitchen -- it's not a stark white, but soft and glowy in lamplight, and it will look nice. I love the idea of Kristie's cafe au lait walls, though, with our cool blue accents and nice woods . . . next time around . . .

Sally

Angie Mc
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Posted: March 04 2008 at 6:18pm | IP Logged Quote Angie Mc

I have moved so often and have lived with *rental white* for so long that I went wild and 3 years ago painted our bedroom terra cotta. I'm surprised to say that I still really like it! It is dark yet acts as a neutral color that fits nicely in the AZ desert.

For me, sage is always a good choice, the color of my entry door and kitchen. It's so pretty and easy to match.

Love,

Back to Top View Angie Mc's Profile Search for other posts by Angie Mc Visit Angie Mc's Homepage

Elizabeth
Founder
Founder

Real Learning

Posted: March 04 2008 at 7:20pm | IP Logged Quote Elizabeth

I think I might be the only one with shades of yellow. Mine is Ralph Lauren Chamois, pictured here

Elizabeth Foss is no longer a member of this forum. Discussions now reflect the current management & are not necessarily expressions of her book, *Real Learning*, her current work, or her philosophy. (posted by E. Foss, Jan 2011)
Back to Top View Elizabeth's Profile Search for other posts by Elizabeth

SallyT
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: March 04 2008 at 9:30pm | IP Logged Quote SallyT

It's so fun peeking into other people's houses -- I am such a voyeur!

Mary G, I really liked your post about learning to live with house colors you "inherit" from previous owners. Here's a post I did not too long ago on that very theme -- it's mostly about my dining room, not my bedroom, but it's that same "learning to live with something you didn't choose idea." And Here's my bedroom; there's a link to this same post on the Declutter Carnival thread, so if you've been there, you've seen this, but it seemed germaine to this conversation, too.

And I must be a weirdo, because years of living with landlord beige have made me still really like versions of landlord beige. If I hadn't bought a house with a red dining room, you can bet your life I would have had a -- get ready for it -- landlord beige one. I love the strong color, but for the most part, I gravitate towards light-but-warm, cheerful-but-airy, neutral-but-neutral. (maybe because we've collected so much colorful stuff, through years of living with landlord beige, that the idea of planning a color scheme, as in COLOR, around our motley belongings just makes my head go around, and I have to sit down and take deep breaths).

Anyway, it's fun looking at what other people do!

Sally

Jess
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: March 06 2008 at 2:33pm | IP Logged Quote Jess

We recently painted our room from a hot cocoa color to a pale blue, kind of a gray blue. I love it! We had it the brown for over 5 years so I was ready for a change. It really lightens up the room and makes it look bigger. We have white curtains and woodwork so it goes well together.

wife to dh('96)
mama to dd(13), dd(11), ds(9), dd(6), and dd (2), and baby girl born Sept 14!
star cottage

Back to Top View Jess's Profile Search for other posts by Jess

sewcrazy
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: March 07 2008 at 5:15pm | IP Logged Quote sewcrazy

Ours is a pale celery green with tan accents.

I too use oops paint from Home Depot, and then fiddle with them to get a shade I like.

LeeAnn

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

<< Prev Page of 2
  [Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version