Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Tea and Conversation
 4Real Forums : Tea and Conversation
Subject Topic: Formatting Help Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
JennGM
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Online Status: Offline
Posted: Feb 12 2008 at 9:37pm | IP Logged Quote JennGM

I'm trying to create a little pamphlet to print out in Microsoft Word. I have all the pages created, but I know to print it out doublesided and then staple into a booklet that I need to have a certain type of pagination -- instead of 1,2,3,4... I'll need somethine first page and last page on one, page two and second to last page on the other side.

I was *HOPING* someone had done this and know of an easy way to figure out the pagination/formatting. A template of sorts? Just hoping to save a little time figuring it all out. I remember doing this with my wedding program and it took a long time and actual hands-on to figure it all out.

Back to Top View JennGM's Profile Search for other posts by JennGM Visit JennGM's Homepage

KC in TX
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Feb 12 2008 at 10:09pm | IP Logged Quote KC in TX

Jenn,

Did you have a several pages long document to print but you wanted to print double sided? I've done this but did not need to format it anywhere. When I go to print (under file tab not the icon), the print screen comes up. Under properties, I found the page setup tab. On it, I used the "duplex printing". I could do it automatically or not. It may be that it's a feature on my printer.

Michaela ('01)
Emma ('03)
Jordan ('05)
And, my 2 angels, Rose ('08) and Mark ('09)

The Cabbage Patch
Back to Top View KC in TX's Profile Search for other posts by KC in TX

Maryan
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Feb 13 2008 at 7:46am | IP Logged Quote Maryan

Jenn,

Question: Are you doing a "mini" booklet -- meaning that one 8/2 x 11 page has TWO pages on it?? (like your wedding program... which I loved and used for mine!!) ;)

If so: I haven't figured out a digital easy way to do this either.

Once I've created my document, then I make a mini book out of paper, title and number the pages, then separate it to figure out which pages need to be moved where to print correctly.

Then I save the document as a new name (just in case I totally mess up my editing), move the pages around to be in "print" order...

I'm not sure if the "booklet" printing option helps in these kinds of situations... my brain is too fried to figure that out anymore!! Although KC is making it sound easy enough to inspire me to experiment with it!!   

Back to Top View Maryan's Profile Search for other posts by Maryan

JennGM
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: Feb 13 2008 at 8:01am | IP Logged Quote JennGM

Silly me, I forgot to mention I have two column pages, that it will be folded in the middle of the two pages.

Back to Top View JennGM's Profile Search for other posts by JennGM Visit JennGM's Homepage

KC in TX
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Feb 13 2008 at 8:35am | IP Logged Quote KC in TX

Oh, sorry, I can't help you there. I played around with it a bit, but can't seem to find a way to do it easily. Sorry.

Michaela ('01)
Emma ('03)
Jordan ('05)

The Cabbage Patch

Maryan
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Feb 13 2008 at 9:42am | IP Logged Quote Maryan

One other thought -- it might be easier to move pages in programs like Microsoft Publisher. I've never used Pagemaker, or other programs like that.

I currently don't have Publisher on this computer and can't find my software disk from my move three years ago -- which probably makes the software obsolete anyway -- to tell you if that's a true statement for sure.

And text from Word documents transfer into text boxes in Publisher really well when I used Publisher... but, again, it's been a while since I've used it to tell you proof positive how it works, etc.

JennGM
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: Feb 13 2008 at 9:44am | IP Logged Quote JennGM

Maryan wrote:
One other thought -- it might be easier to move pages in programs like Microsoft Publisher. I've never used Pagemaker, or other programs like that.

I currently don't have Publisher on this computer and can't find my software disk from my move three years ago -- which probably makes the software obsolete anyway -- to tell you if that's a true statement for sure.

Okay, I was thinking that I was in the same boat, that I didn't have it on my computer and I don't know where my (outdated) disks are. But for the first time I realized I DO have Publisher on my computer. I'll check it out.

JennGM
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: Feb 14 2008 at 9:02am | IP Logged Quote JennGM

Publisher didn't have what I needed. I figured it out, just followed the booklet I was copying, and since the 14 stations are pretty straightforward, it didn't take much time. here's my project. Final product is 5 1/4 x 6. Seems I could figure a better/easier way to cut down to size. This is the best children's stations I've ever found. We used this growing up, and my mother divied out the remaining booklets, but we now don't have enough for our family.

ETA: the original actually had these images in b&W, so it prints up fine without a color printer.

Maryan
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Feb 14 2008 at 9:45am | IP Logged Quote Maryan

Jenn this is awesome!! Just what I need for this Friday!

KC in TX
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Feb 14 2008 at 9:50am | IP Logged Quote KC in TX

That is awesome, Jenn! What a great resource. I'm sending my homeschool group to your site right now!

Thank you!!!!

Michaela ('01)
Emma ('03)
Jordan ('05)

The Cabbage Patch

Mary Chris
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Feb 14 2008 at 11:02am | IP Logged Quote Mary Chris

Jenn, Thank you for this wonderful resource! I was worried, if Maryan couldn't figure out how to do the formatting that it just couldn't be done! I am in awe of both you!

snowbabiesmom
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Feb 20 2008 at 10:27pm | IP Logged Quote snowbabiesmom

Thank you ! Printed this out from KC and we are already using it!

Nico'13;Zelie Oct'14, *Mary Joseph Jan'16
God's Canvas
Back to Top View snowbabiesmom's Profile Search for other posts by snowbabiesmom Visit snowbabiesmom's Homepage

momtomany
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Feb 22 2008 at 9:34am | IP Logged Quote momtomany

Jenn, this is beautiful. And I think that it is the same booklet that I used way back in Catholic grade school.
Thanks so much!!

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

[Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version