Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Tea and Conversation
 4Real Forums : Tea and Conversation
Subject Topic: What 'cha readin? Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
stacykay
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Online Status: Offline
Posted: Jan 04 2008 at 2:44pm | IP Logged Quote stacykay

Currently reading The Lessons of St. Francis: How to Bring Simplicity and Spirituality into Your Daily Life. I found it at the library and am only on chapter 2. So far, it is very interesting.

I just finished a newer book, of more a "popular" reading genre, A Thousand Splendid Suns. I had read the previous book by Khaled Hosseini, The Kite Runner (and saw the movie last weekend-not a dry eye in the theater.)

I am also in the middle of Jane Eyre. Just love it.

And last is my Bible reading, which I went on ridiculous lengths about in this thread.

God Bless,
Stacy in MI
Back to Top View stacykay's Profile Search for other posts by stacykay

NavyMom
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: Jan 04 2008 at 3:11pm | IP Logged Quote NavyMom

I just finished From the Mixed-up Files of Mrs. Basil E. Frankweiler
This was a quick read and I finished it in a day. It is children's lit, but very well done, in my opinion.
Next on my list...non-fiction that came very highly reccomended by a neighbor who always reads great books is: Bayou Farewell: The Rich Life and Tragic Death of Louisiana's Cajun Coast and The Omnivore's
Dilemma: A Natural History of Four Meals

Heidi
The Flat on Cabaniss Crescent
Back to Top View NavyMom's Profile Search for other posts by NavyMom Visit NavyMom's Homepage

Michaela
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Jan 04 2008 at 5:00pm | IP Logged Quote Michaela

Last night, I finished Can You Drink the Cup? by Henri J.M. Nouwen. It was short, but thought provoking...can I drink the cup that God has given to me? the cup of sorrow, the cup of joy, the cup of salvation?   

This evening, I'll begin Nouwen's Life of the Beloved: Spiritual Living in a Secular World.

nicole-amdg
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: Jan 05 2008 at 12:19am | IP Logged Quote nicole-amdg

I am always in the middle of too many books, and reading this list makes me crave a few of my favorite novels (mostly "Jane"--Eyre and Austen).

Here are some I'm reading now:

The Art of Loving God by Saint Francis de Sales

Discover Your Child's Learning Style by Mariaemma Willis and Victoria Kindle Hodson

Beauty: A Retelling of the Story of Beauty and the Beast by Robin Mckinley

The Screwtape Letters by C.S. Lewis

I'm leaving my non-fiction wish list off for now!

Back to Top View nicole-amdg's Profile Search for other posts by nicole-amdg

Mary G
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Jan 05 2008 at 12:27am | IP Logged Quote Mary G

I am in the process of reading Love Letters to My Husband by St. Gianna Molla ... boy does this just make my resolution this year to be "take joy" ... she's an amazing example for us women (and she was a career woman who put family first ... how cool is that?)

I'm awaiting a series that Leonie mentioned on her blog, a modern-day Italian art history mystery series by Iain Pears. The series sounds like fun!

my website that combines my schooling, hand-knits work, writing and everything else in one spot!
Back to Top View Mary G's Profile Search for other posts by Mary G Visit Mary G's Homepage

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

<< Prev Page of 2
  [Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version