Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Picture Book Discoveries
 4Real Forums : Picture Book Discoveries
Subject Topic: Angel book for 2 year old? Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
Waverley
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Online Status: Offline
Posted: Dec 13 2007 at 1:11pm | IP Logged Quote Waverley

Does anyone have a recommendation for a book with angels in it for a 2 year old?    I would like to find one with nice illustrations and a simple story line. It does not have to be Christmas related, in fact it would actually be better is it wasn't a Christmas book.

Our 2 year old foster daughter is experiencing Christmas for the first time and loves angels. She finds them everywhere. She loves the pictures in The Littlest Angel but the story is just too much.

Thanks!

Waverley
Back to Top View Waverley's Profile Search for other posts by Waverley

Angie Mc
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Posted: Dec 13 2007 at 1:43pm | IP Logged Quote Angie Mc

How about Baby Angels?

Love,

Back to Top View Angie Mc's Profile Search for other posts by Angie Mc Visit Angie Mc's Homepage

Stephanie_Q
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: Dec 14 2007 at 12:50pm | IP Logged Quote Stephanie_Q

I have "Baby Angels" also. It's cute, but not a favorite. I paraphrase "The Littlest Angel" for the little ones to keep thee pages turning. My 2yos have loved "The Guardian Angel Prayer" board book. You can find it here.

Anyone know anything about the other angel books that turn up from a keyword search on this site? My 4 and 5yo girls LOVE angels, too.
Back to Top View Stephanie_Q's Profile Search for other posts by Stephanie_Q Visit Stephanie_Q's Homepage

Cay Gibson
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Dec 14 2007 at 2:00pm | IP Logged Quote Cay Gibson

Waverley wrote:

Our 2 year old foster daughter is experiencing Christmas for the first time and loves angels. She finds them everywhere.

Angels, Angels Everywhere by Tomie dePaola.

Perfect for 2-yr-olds whose lives are too interesting to sit still for long. Brightly colorful pictures. Angel titles but no other text. The story and ideas are in the pictures. And the angels she'll meet!

Kitchen angels, music angels, art angels, pet angels, garden angels, tea party angels, and so many more.

We love this book. I often give a copy of it to friends whose babies are celebrating their first Christmas. But it can be used anytime of year.

mom to 5
Cajun Cottage Under the Oaks
Back to Top View Cay Gibson's Profile Search for other posts by Cay Gibson Visit Cay Gibson's Homepage

Waverley
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: Dec 14 2007 at 8:32pm | IP Logged Quote Waverley

Thank you so much for the book recommendations.

I found Angel Babies at the local used book store and I think she'll like it a lot. I like the fact that the angels are of many races. DH, several of my children, and I are white, she is black, and several of my other children are biracial.

I have also ordered a copy of Tomie dePaola's Angels, Angels Everywhere which looks so lovely and appropriate. I'm not sure if it will come in before Christmas but I'll give it to her anyway.

I really appreciate everyone's help.

Waverley
Back to Top View Waverley's Profile Search for other posts by Waverley

Cay Gibson
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Dec 14 2007 at 10:41pm | IP Logged Quote Cay Gibson

Waverley,
You'll be happy to see black angels, biracial angels, Asian angels, red-headed angels, angels w/ glasses, etc. in the dePaola book. There's an angel for everyone.

mom to 5
Cajun Cottage Under the Oaks
Back to Top View Cay Gibson's Profile Search for other posts by Cay Gibson Visit Cay Gibson's Homepage

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

[Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version