Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Language Arts Come Alive
 4Real Forums : Language Arts Come Alive
Subject Topic: MCP/Explode the Code Phonics? Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
blairb4
Forum Rookie
Forum Rookie

Online Status: Offline
Posted: Nov 27 2007 at 1:24pm | IP Logged Quote blairb4

My daughter is almost 5 and very interested in most homeschooling but does not like 100 Easy Lessons, and it's not really my style either. I feel she's ready for some more phonics but the flashcards and making up my own lessons are not enough. Honestly she loves workbooks, so math and handwriting are her favorite! MCP Plaid Phonics and Explode the Code have both been recommended to me as something she might like. Any other ideas? Have you liked either of those programs?

Thanks!
Blair in TX
http://blairandsteven.blogspot.com
Back to Top View blairb4's Profile Search for other posts by blairb4 Visit blairb4's Homepage

onemoretracy
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: Nov 27 2007 at 1:48pm | IP Logged Quote onemoretracy

We are using ETC for my 5 yr old twins and we give them an enthusiatic

100 easy lessons was not for us and I don't know about MCP. As they progress I will go on to Sound Beginnigs which I also love. I am thinking that it will be more for next year (1st grade or so). We began ETC with the primer books, Get Ready, Get Set and Go for the Code. They already knew most of their letters etc...it has been rewarding for them and the writing practice has been good as well and the basic phonics has already been super helpful.

DS Ryan-9
DS Luke-6
DD Laine-6
DD Mary Clare-3
DD Sara (Dec.6 '08)
My Blog
Back to Top View onemoretracy's Profile Search for other posts by onemoretracy

Caroline
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Nov 27 2007 at 2:06pm | IP Logged Quote Caroline

Check to see if your library has The Ordinary Parent's Guide to Reading by Jessie Wise. It is a phonics program and it might be what you're looking for. I don't have any advice about Explode the Code or MCP, but, like you, 100 easy lessons wasn't for us.

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

[Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version