Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Tea and Conversation (Forum Locked Forum Locked)
 4Real Forums : Tea and Conversation
Subject Topic: It starts tonight .... Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
Maryan
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Online Status: Offline
Posted: Oct 25 2007 at 5:47am | IP Logged Quote Maryan

Oh Angie - thanks for the link! I was trying to retell the jokes to my dh - but I definitely should not quit my day job and become a comedienne!!

MaryM wrote:
Oh and we are referring to it as the Seuss Series - yah know - Rox vs. Sox on Fox

Back to Top View Maryan's Profile Search for other posts by Maryan

Mary G
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Oct 25 2007 at 7:35am | IP Logged Quote Mary G

All I can say is OUCH! ! We'll get 'em tonight ....

my website that combines my schooling, hand-knits work, writing and everything else in one spot!
Back to Top View Mary G's Profile Search for other posts by Mary G Visit Mary G's Homepage

Mary G
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Oct 25 2007 at 7:39am | IP Logged Quote Mary G

MaryM wrote:
but it's only one game. We are so excited that dh got tickets for the Sat. and Sun. games at home. Our oldest is flying home from college for it.   

GO ROCKIES!!!!
WOWWWWW you guys are REALLY into it! We can't even get it on our tv with an antenna and just can't stand the idea of paying to get cable hooked up ....

marym wrote:

Oh and we are referring to it as the Seuss Series - yah know - Rox vs. Sox on Fox

I LIKE it!

MaryM wrote:

Mary G. - you'll get a kick out of this. We realized we need to change the name of the street we live on!!! So we are going to make a sign to change it to Colorado Ct. (or Rockie Rd.) anything but B****N!
I'm with you ... and Rockie Road conjures up such yummy things!

my website that combines my schooling, hand-knits work, writing and everything else in one spot!
Back to Top View Mary G's Profile Search for other posts by Mary G Visit Mary G's Homepage

vmalott
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Oct 25 2007 at 7:41am | IP Logged Quote vmalott

cvbmom wrote:
We're Reds fans here

We are too, but, boy did they stink up the season!

And, well, I was born and bred a Mets fan, which means I dislike the Yankees. Naturally, that means we're rooting for the BoSox. Besides, we just found out that Youkilis (Cincy native) played baseball w/the son of the guy in charge of our son's select baseball organization! So, that's, what? Two degrees of separation?

Valerie

Back to Top View vmalott's Profile Search for other posts by vmalott Visit vmalott's Homepage

LisaR
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Oct 25 2007 at 8:18am | IP Logged Quote LisaR

kind of sad here- but hoping for the best! I could not watch after the 6th inning or so,

Paul 14
Thomas 11
Dominic 8
Maria Gianna 5
Isaac Vincent 9/21/10! and...
many little saints in heaven!
Back to Top View LisaR's Profile Search for other posts by LisaR

Angie Mc
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Posted: Oct 25 2007 at 9:26am | IP Logged Quote Angie Mc

MaryM wrote:
but it's only one game. We are so excited that dh got tickets for the Sat. and Sun. games at home. Our oldest is flying home from college for it.   

GO ROCKIES!!!!

I was wondering, Mary! I'm so happy you got tickets. Will the whole family go?

It was so hard to watch the line-ups before the game...we kept looking at the Rockies saying, "That coulda, woulda, shoulda, been us!" Hope springs eternal!

It was a tough loss, but, that was not the Rockies team we played at the end of the season. I'm thinking that they got their "new to the World Series in the looming shadow of the Green Monster" jitters out of the way and will "show up" tonight. I really am proud of them.

vmalott wrote:
cvbmom wrote:
We're Reds fans here

We are too, but, boy did they stink up the season!

And, well, I was born and bred a Mets fan, which means I dislike the Yankees. Naturally, that means we're rooting for the BoSox. Besides, we just found out that Youkilis (Cincy native) played baseball w/the son of the guy in charge of our son's select baseball organization! So, that's, what? Two degrees of separation?

Valerie

My one son likes the Reds for their history...big red machine and all. He's a catcher and really respects Johnny Bench. My other son loves the "Charlie Hussle" of Pete Rose and I'm thankful that Little League doesn't allow face-first slides - phew!

You suffering Mets fan you, Valerie! I really thought they were going to take the whole thing last year and...well...their poor season end this year... . Next year?

As for YOUkilis...oh ya, you're practically related! We're practically related to Dustin Pedroia because he's an Arizona State U. grad. who attended the same ASU game that we did last spring. We think that counts .

Love,

Back to Top View Angie Mc's Profile Search for other posts by Angie Mc Visit Angie Mc's Homepage

Dawn
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Oct 25 2007 at 12:19pm | IP Logged Quote Dawn

Now how did I miss THIS thread???

It probably goes without saying who I am rooting for ... ... being a Boston-bred kind of gal.

We're all a-twitter here about the Series, especially after, ahem, last night's win. I don't know how I'm going to stay up again so late, though - we even let the older boys stay up till 10 to watch!!

And when the games move west, it will be even later!

I'm not complaining of course ... no-siree.

Back to Top View Dawn's Profile Search for other posts by Dawn

Lisa R
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Oct 25 2007 at 4:43pm | IP Logged Quote Lisa R

BooHoo. We're Indians fans here so we kind of "don't care anymore". But....since they were beaten by the Sox we "might" just have to root for the Rockies.

Lisa R
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Oct 25 2007 at 4:54pm | IP Logged Quote Lisa R

cvbmom wrote:
Angie Mc wrote:

Baseball and Football by George Carlin

Now for football, though, GO BUCKS! God bless,
Christine

Yes, that was too funny!! And Christine, we're with you all the way (dh is an OSU grad)...GO BUCKS!!

Sarah
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Oct 26 2007 at 12:10pm | IP Logged Quote Sarah

Angie Mc wrote:

You suffering Mets fan you, Valerie! I really thought they were going to take the whole thing last year and...well...their poor season end this year... . Next year?

We're Mets fans too since dh's childhood friend is Lo Duca. It was sad to see them lose again this year.

Cheering for the Rockies since they've never done it. Although the drama of the Red Sox makes it sooo fun.

We're doing a mini unit in Boston, then on the Rocky Mountains. I grew up in the Rockies!!!

Back to Top View Sarah's Profile Search for other posts by Sarah

Tina P.
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Oct 26 2007 at 6:07pm | IP Logged Quote Tina P.

OK, so now you've all got me wishing that we had TV hooked up.

LisaR
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Oct 26 2007 at 6:39pm | IP Logged Quote LisaR

don't forget gals you and everyone else in the U.S. can get your free taco from taco bell on tues the 30th between 2-5pm...for the base stolen by I don't remember who.
have to admit, though I dearly hope the Rockies win, I loved the play from Papelbon (spelling??) to the 1st baseman, forcing the rockies runner out in between 1st and 2nd trying to steal...Papelbon is a great pitcher, imho....

Paul 14
Thomas 11
Dominic 8
Maria Gianna 5
Isaac Vincent 9/21/10! and...
many little saints in heaven!
Back to Top View LisaR's Profile Search for other posts by LisaR

Angie Mc
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Posted: Oct 27 2007 at 12:54am | IP Logged Quote Angie Mc

Sarah wrote:

We're Mets fans too since dh's childhood friend is Lo Duca.

Ooooooooooo!

LisaR wrote:
don't forget gals you and everyone else in the U.S. can get your free taco from taco bell on tues the 30th between 2-5pm...for the base stolen by I don't remember who.
have to admit, though I dearly hope the Rockies win, I loved the play from Papelbon (spelling??) to the 1st baseman, forcing the rockies runner out in between 1st and 2nd trying to steal...Papelbon is a great pitcher, imho....

We can thank Jacoby Ellsbury for our free taco (Did you know that Ellsbury is Navajo? Pretty neat - my dh works for Indian Health Service.)

I couldn't believe that Papelbon made that pick off at first against Matt Holliday. I'm so used to seeing Holliday pull off such amazing feats that it just felt plain wrong to see him get picked off. All these players really are amazingly gifted and work at such a high level...it is a thrill to watch.

Love,

Back to Top View Angie Mc's Profile Search for other posts by Angie Mc Visit Angie Mc's Homepage

Sorry, you cannot post a reply to this topic.
This forum has been locked by a forum administrator.

<< Prev Page of 2
  [Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version