Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Our Lady's Loom, Larder, and Laundry
 4Real Forums : Our Lady's Loom, Larder, and Laundry
Subject Topic: Craft of the Week Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
krygerzoo
Forum Rookie
Forum Rookie

Online Status: Offline
Posted: Oct 16 2007 at 8:17am | IP Logged Quote krygerzoo

Oh, I hope these directions make sense!!

I decided to make Yarn Dolls because of Respect Life Sunday that we celebrated a week ago.

Supplies: Yarn, piece of cardboard about 9" long (you can just remove the back of a spiral notebook or cut from cereal box)

For the body, Wrap the yarn around the cardboard about 30 times or until you have the desired body size. Slide another piece of yarn approx three inches long under one end and tie tightly.

Cut the yarn at the wrap point at the other end. Now you should have a bundle of yarn about 18" long tied in the middle.

Fold in half at the point where they are tied together.

To form the head, tie another piece of yarn about 1-1/4 inches from the folded part.

For the arms, wrap the yarn about 15 times around the same piece of cardboard. Cut the yarn at each edge of the cardboard. You should have an untied bundle of yarn about 9" long.

To make the hands, 1/2" from each end,wrap a piece of yarn approx 6" long several times and tie the yarn securely.

Insert the arms in the center of the body piece, just below where the neck is tied. Just below the arms, tie the body securely with yarn, forming the waistline of the doll.

Trim any yarn ends that hang long, but they don't need to be perfectly even. This would be a girl doll!

In order to make a boy doll, separate the yarn in half below the waistline. Secure the feet 1/2" from the bottom as you did for the hands.

The children could also make these for their friends or siblings!

Peace, Katherine
wife to David '89
momma to Ramsey '05, Claire '01, Collin '99, Cassidy '97, and my little saint in heaven +Kaden Michael 1994-2007+ May the souls of the faithful departed rest in Peace. Amen.
Back to Top View krygerzoo's Profile Search for other posts by krygerzoo

Mary G
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Oct 16 2007 at 10:04am | IP Logged Quote Mary G

Oh Katherine -- thanks for posting these directions. We made a bunch of these one year in white for angels on the Christmas Tree (added gold sticker for a halo!)... they're so fun to make and the kids are so proud of their work.

THANKS!

my website that combines my schooling, hand-knits work, writing and everything else in one spot!
Back to Top View Mary G's Profile Search for other posts by Mary G Visit Mary G's Homepage

chicken lady
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Oct 16 2007 at 10:25am | IP Logged Quote chicken lady

Very nice Katherine!
Back to Top View chicken lady's Profile Search for other posts by chicken lady Visit chicken lady's Homepage

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

[Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version