Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Technical Help!
 4Real Forums : Technical Help!
Subject Topic: Active Topics help Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
hylabrook1
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Online Status: Offline
Posted: Oct 13 2007 at 4:07pm | IP Logged Quote hylabrook1

I think this was mentioned by several people (maybe in early Sept. or late August?). When I log on and click "Active Topics", I get a message saying, "There are no Active Topics since (then it states a time)" --that time is the time I logged on; it still IS that time.

The work around I use is to use the drop down list of times and click on the approximate length of time since my last visit. But is this something you can easily fix?

Thank you.

Nancy
Back to Top View hylabrook1's Profile Search for other posts by hylabrook1

Angie Mc
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Posted: Oct 20 2007 at 11:03am | IP Logged Quote Angie Mc

To be honest, Nancy, I've wondered about this too so am bumping it. Because we have gone through so many changes recently, it may be a bit before we can get to this. Thanks for your patience.

Love,

Back to Top View Angie Mc's Profile Search for other posts by Angie Mc Visit Angie Mc's Homepage

Chari
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: Oct 20 2007 at 11:16am | IP Logged Quote Chari

Thanks, Nancy and Angie........I had been wondering, too..........just kept forgetting to mention it.   

wahoo92
Forum Rookie
Forum Rookie

Posted: Oct 20 2007 at 6:19pm | IP Logged Quote wahoo92

I have not even able to get past the first page of topics regardless of whether I was using the "active topics" or "last xx hours option". We always use Firefox as our browser. By accident I was recently using Safari and clicked on 4real. I have had no problems as long as I use Safari to access these forums. Thought some of you might try that to see if it works for you, too.
Back to Top View wahoo92's Profile Search for other posts by wahoo92

administrator
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Posted: Oct 20 2007 at 6:44pm | IP Logged Quote administrator

As has been mentioned on other threads, the problem is a session management issue on the server and we are working on getting it fixed ASAP.

Trying another browser seems to be working for some users, but not all, and does not (cannot, actually) address the core issue.

We will make a general announcement when the problem has been corrected.

thanks-
Admin
Back to Top View administrator's Profile Search for other posts by administrator

hylabrook1
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: Oct 20 2007 at 8:23pm | IP Logged Quote hylabrook1

Thanks. I knew you hadn't really forgotten    I was just wondering what the status was -- now I know; I'll continue to *work around* and wait for your announcement.

Peace,
Nancy

theNetSmith
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Posted: Nov 16 2007 at 11:43pm | IP Logged Quote theNetSmith

Nancy-

The active topics issue should be gone now. We were finally able to track down the problem with the web server that was causing this.

Please update this thread if you continue to experience issues with the active topics page.

thanks-
Tim

Pray and forgive.
-Mother Theresa
Back to Top View theNetSmith's Profile Search for other posts by theNetSmith Visit theNetSmith's Homepage

hylabrook1
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: Nov 20 2007 at 8:16am | IP Logged Quote hylabrook1

Hi Tim -

Thanks for your help with this problem. For the most part the Active Topics is working better. There is still one problem. Sometimes when I am reading a specific topic and then click the back button to return to the list of Active Topics, I get a message that says there are no new Active Topics since the time that I clicked on the specific topic. I *think* this happens when someone else has posted on any topic while I was off on the specific topic. Does that description make sense? Really, I'm not trying to be a complete bug about this . I'm just hoping that by being able to get down to *exactly* how and when it happens it might help you figure it out.

Thanks again.

Peace,
Nancy

theNetSmith
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Posted: Nov 20 2007 at 9:26am | IP Logged Quote theNetSmith

Nancy-

There is a 20 minute session timeout associated with each visit you make to the forum. If you spend 20 minutes reading any single page (and I can believe it with some of the topics I have seen!) ... OR ... you bring up a page and have to step away from the computer and 20 minutes elapse between that page request and the next, then a new session will begin. Think of it as an auto-logout mechanism.

If you are certain that this is NOT the case, then we still have an issue with the active topics or the way that cookies are being handled by your browser.

One workaround that others have used successfully is to open each page of active topics in a separate browser tab or browser window and open each thread the same way. In this manner, you will always have a static view of the active topics from the beginning of your first visit/session for the day. Hope that makes sense.

-T

Pray and forgive.
-Mother Theresa
Back to Top View theNetSmith's Profile Search for other posts by theNetSmith Visit theNetSmith's Homepage

amyable
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Nov 20 2007 at 10:09am | IP Logged Quote amyable

Here, the active topic problem went away for several days, but yesterday and today is back. Not every time like it was before, but a few times. (and it wasn't a time out issue)

Thanks for all your hard work to keep 4Real up and running!

Back to Top View amyable's Profile Search for other posts by amyable

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

[Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version