Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
We Pray to the Lord
 4Real Forums : We Pray to the Lord
Subject Topic: Chemai & bubs He’s Here - Chemai's thanks Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
guitarnan
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Online Status: Offline
Posted: Dec 17 2007 at 8:10pm | IP Logged Quote guitarnan

I think Anne said things would be happening right about now. I know we're all praying for Chemai and Augustine...isn't it amazing, how connected we all feel?

Chemai has put up with so many setbacks through her pregnancy that it seems incredible that THE day is finally here. May God bless her and her surgical team!

aussieannie
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Dec 17 2007 at 10:38pm | IP Logged Quote aussieannie

I've just received wonderful, wonderful news from Scott - little Augustine was born at 9.30am today and everything went exceptionally well.

Chemai had the the most experienced anesthetist in the hospital and the doctor who performed the ceasar came highly recommended by the Catholic doctor friend who also made an appearance before and during the ceasarian. They had Catholic nurses and others that had come from their home town, it was an environment of emotional support and experience - a most blessed, blessed outcome!!

Everything went well, Chemai did not have her usual shaking through the ceasar and normal reactions to the epidural. Her blood pressure shot up at one point but I understand that she is fine now and just being monitored.

****Just coming back and editing, I was talking to Chemai via phone tonight and she did say that the epidural reactions were there but that they were more prompt in giving her drugs to counteract the different reactions, tomorrow morning they will disconnect the epidural and other drips, so God willing it will be a smooth transition and there will be no further problems in the weeks to come. Chemai was so thankful for all your prayers!!!****

Little Augustine who weighed a lovely 8 & half pounds, has shown to have stable blood sugars and did not have to go to special care as expected - he is now with Chemai awaiting his first feed as Chemai is floating in and out of sleep.

Scott says this little fellow has gingery/blond hair and hopefully we will have photos within the next few days to post here.

Well...what can I say?

THANK YOU FOR ALL YOUR PRAYERS, SACRIFICES AND SUPPORT!!

I feel so weepy and teary as to this blessed outcome and I can't really convey in words my utter appreciation for you all, except to say you probably know how I feel!

I will be having a Mass offered for you all and your own intentions in thanksgiving for this outcome and for all your love and support.

Back to Top View aussieannie's Profile Search for other posts by aussieannie Visit aussieannie's Homepage

missionfamily
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Dec 17 2007 at 10:55pm | IP Logged Quote missionfamily

I CAN'T BELIEVE I'M FIRST TO RESPOND! I FEEL LIKE I WON A PRIZE. JUST CHECKING IN BEFORE BED AND THERE'S THIS. WE'VE HAD KIND OF A ROUGH DAY AROUND HERE, BUT I WILL GO TO BED WITH AN INCREDIBLY GRATEFUL HEART TONIGHT. GOD BLESS CHEMAI AND AUGUSTINE. MANY PRAYERS OF THANKSGIVING FROM HERE.

Footprints on the Fridge
Back to Top View missionfamily's Profile Search for other posts by missionfamily Visit missionfamily's Homepage

teachingmom
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star
Virginia Bluebells

Posted: Dec 17 2007 at 11:00pm | IP Logged Quote teachingmom

Wonderful, wonderful news!!! Praise God for the safe delivery of Augustine. Enjoy your little blessing, Chemai. I am so happy for you!   

trish
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Dec 17 2007 at 11:04pm | IP Logged Quote trish

Wonderful news! God bless little Augustine. Many prayers of thanksgiving here too. God is so good. Congratulations Chemai and Scott!

+AMDG+
Saintly Soaps

Back to Top View trish's Profile Search for other posts by trish

Angie Mc
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Posted: Dec 17 2007 at 11:10pm | IP Logged Quote Angie Mc

of happiness, relief, and joy . Congratulations, Chemai, Scott, and family. Welcome, welcome, Augustine! Our prayers continue .

A special thank you to you, Annie, for sharing updates with us .

Love,

Back to Top View Angie Mc's Profile Search for other posts by Angie Mc Visit Angie Mc's Homepage

KC in TX
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Dec 17 2007 at 11:27pm | IP Logged Quote KC in TX

Oh, how wonderful! I am so happy to hear the news. Prayers continuing for a speedy recovery from the Csection.

Michaela ('01)
Emma ('03)
Jordan ('05)
And, my 2 angels, Rose ('08) and Mark ('09)

The Cabbage Patch
Back to Top View KC in TX's Profile Search for other posts by KC in TX

cathhomeschool
Board Moderator
Board Moderator
Texas Bluebonnets

Posted: Dec 17 2007 at 11:51pm | IP Logged Quote cathhomeschool

I am absolutely thrilled and grateful for this huge blessing!!! CONGRATULATIONS!! Chemai and Scott, what a beautiful answer to prayer! I am so happy for you both and for your family. May God continue to bless you, heal Chemai, and help Augustine to grow strong and healthy.   

Chari
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: Dec 18 2007 at 12:29am | IP Logged Quote Chari

What an exciting day! Congratulations to all of you!!

MaryM
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Posted: Dec 18 2007 at 1:29am | IP Logged Quote MaryM

Praise God. Sharing in your joy. Congratulations!

Our Domestic Church
Back to Top View MaryM's Profile Search for other posts by MaryM Visit MaryM's Homepage

vmalott
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Dec 18 2007 at 2:16am | IP Logged Quote vmalott

As I sit here battling some wretched heartburn at 3am, I'm reminded at how easy I really do have it. What wonderful news that Chemai and her family have welcomed their long-awaited Augustine! Congratulations. God is so very good.

Valerie

Back to Top View vmalott's Profile Search for other posts by vmalott Visit vmalott's Homepage

Mary K
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Dec 18 2007 at 5:25am | IP Logged Quote Mary K

Congratulations Chemai and family and welcome Augustine!
God bless,
Mary-NY
Back to Top View Mary K's Profile Search for other posts by Mary K

Ruth
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Dec 18 2007 at 6:04am | IP Logged Quote Ruth

Praise God! Welcome, little Augustine! We are so happy for you and your family. Prayers of thanksgiving.

mom to 7 miracles

My family blog

Loreto Rosaries
Back to Top View Ruth's Profile Search for other posts by Ruth Visit Ruth's Homepage

Dawn
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Dec 18 2007 at 6:14am | IP Logged Quote Dawn

Beautiful news!! Congratulations to Chemai and family!

Back to Top View Dawn's Profile Search for other posts by Dawn

Elizabeth
Founder
Founder

Real Learning

Posted: Dec 18 2007 at 6:29am | IP Logged Quote Elizabeth

What, beautiful, beautiful news! Many blessings to this much-prayed for family!

Elizabeth Foss is no longer a member of this forum. Discussions now reflect the current management & are not necessarily expressions of her book, *Real Learning*, her current work, or her philosophy. (posted by E. Foss, Jan 2011)
Back to Top View Elizabeth's Profile Search for other posts by Elizabeth

guitarnan
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: Dec 18 2007 at 6:55am | IP Logged Quote guitarnan

Oh, it's a very, very special day. I feel as though Augustine will always be part of every 4Real family...welcome!

msclavel
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Dec 18 2007 at 7:08am | IP Logged Quote msclavel

Oh Nancy, I agree. What a beautiful story of God's grace and the power of prayer. What a testament the family is to hope. Thanks be to God...oh my, I am overwhelmed with emotion. Can't wait to see the pictures.
Back to Top View msclavel's Profile Search for other posts by msclavel

hylabrook1
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: Dec 18 2007 at 7:22am | IP Logged Quote hylabrook1

Marvelous, wonderful news! Congratulations to Chemai, Scott, and family; Welcome, Augustine! Thanks be to God!

Peace,
Nancy
Back to Top View hylabrook1's Profile Search for other posts by hylabrook1

Bridget
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Dec 18 2007 at 7:23am | IP Logged Quote Bridget

Thanks be to God. I am so happy for them.

Back to Top View Bridget's Profile Search for other posts by Bridget Visit Bridget's Homepage

jdostalik
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Dec 18 2007 at 8:06am | IP Logged Quote jdostalik

Oh, what an incredible blessing to hear this news this morning. Welcome to the world little Augustine and many prayers for Chemai, Scott and children. My prayers are for a very lovely babymoon for the whole family...

Let the Little Ones Come

Back to Top View jdostalik's Profile Search for other posts by jdostalik Visit jdostalik's Homepage

<< Prev Page of 22 Next >>
  [Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version