Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
The Arts in the Everyday
 4Real Forums : The Arts in the Everyday
Subject Topic: Nurturing Beauty Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
Cay Gibson
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Online Status: Offline
Posted: Aug 18 2007 at 10:53pm | IP Logged Quote Cay Gibson

I just finished reading Alice Cantrell's Decorating Dilemmas which sent me surfing Kim's blog because she always has such nice decorating ideas, links, and tips.

At the store today while shopping, I picked up a copy of Country Sampler Magazine because, frankly, I'm tired of thinking about hurricanes and am dying to start decorating for those beautiful cool breezy autumn months. I feel the overwhelming need to surround myself with beauty and inspiration and loveliness...even if it only comes bound in the covers of a glossy magazine.

I've been soaking in the beauty of this magazine's pages and was dwelling on the desire to spruce my home and was pondering my own children's willingness to embrace and indulge in art more than any other subject when I read Elizabeth's blog post On Beauty.

I also could not help but notice that the part of Colleen's talk at our mini-conference last weekend was when she pulled out her laminated art samples and talked about how she exposes her five boys to art at the kitchen table. The ladies really soaked that information in and many questions flew around the table.

Add all this to the fact a few weeks ago I went to a tea for our seminarian friend at the house of an artist and saw so many lovely, lovely, lovely things and now the subject is consuming me. I want to put a huge artist canvas over my house and paint in all kinds of ideas and styles and knick-knacks and pictures and fabrics and paint and shelves, etc. You get the idea.

Will you please pull up a chair and share this dainty art palatte with me? Let's sketch awhile and explore different art strokes:

1) how do we bring this beauty to our homes, our families, ourselves when we have, as Alice mentioned, a "teeny-tiny budget"?

2) How do we add all these "little extras" and still avoid the inevitable "clutter"?

Alice mentions that she likes "simple, light and natural, semi-European look. I like an uncluttered (and unmatched), vintage / antique look." I could almost duplicate that except that I'm not sure what a semi-European look looks like. I love the "uncluttered, vintage/antique look" and I'm very partial to a natural country wood look and I love a French-Colonial flair.

3) What is your style?

4) Do you have one room or one corner of a room that you try to keep beautiful and artful, a place where the children cannot strew toys or use markers or play with the old-fashion doll sitting on the wicker chair?

Taking a cue from Elizabeth's blog post:
5) What are you planning into your curriculum this school yeear that will root your plans in the good, the true, and the beautiful?

6) How do you nurture art and beauty within your own personal life?

Elizabeth wrote something incredibly beautiful in her post: "Beauty is useful. It has a very useful function. It inspires and soothes and ministers. I wonder at why someone would eschew art. A life without art is sure to become cynical and devoid of joy."

I have tried explaining this to family members who don't think art/music/literature is at all useful in today's technological world. I've mentioned how beauty and art refreshes us and lifts us up and helps us to aspire to higher things. It's a soft image of heaven.

But, what can I say. I seem to be the lone person in the family with the soul of an artist. The others are cynical. Beautiful people, mind you, but they think art and beauty are an illusion that only becomes real at a price. They are apt to tell you that the good paying job will afford you the beauty you are seeking.

I think of Tasha Tudor who still lives the same lifestyle she did before she had any money. But my family just doesn't "get it".

Are artists ever fully understood by anyone except their own kind?

I'm sure I have more thoughts but I'm ready for bed now. I look forward to your insights.

mom to 5
Cajun Cottage Under the Oaks
Back to Top View Cay Gibson's Profile Search for other posts by Cay Gibson Visit Cay Gibson's Homepage

alicegunther
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Aug 18 2007 at 11:43pm | IP Logged Quote alicegunther

Cay, this is a great topic for discussion, especially as we look ahead toward a new school year.

Here in San Francisco, we have been making frequent (almost daily) trips to the two fine arts museums in town, the De Young Museum in Golden Gate Park and the Legion of Honor Museum in Lincoln Park by the Bay. I do not think I realized until now how deeply important real artwork is to us--not just cards or books. We have had the luxury of immersing ourselves, and there is nothing like it. Rembrandt, Renoir, Cassatt, Bougereau, Monet, Manet, Sargent, Reynolds, Rodin--our eyes and hearts are full of it, and the children have been every bit as excited as I am.

One thing for sure, we will be haunting the Metropolitan Museum of Art when we get home to New York.

Cottage Blessings
Brew yourself a cup of tea, and come for a visit!
Back to Top View alicegunther's Profile Search for other posts by alicegunther Visit alicegunther's Homepage

Mary G
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Aug 19 2007 at 7:35am | IP Logged Quote Mary G

Colleen over at Footprints on the Fridge (I LOVE that title! ) has a great series on Seven STeps to a Charlotte Mason Lifestyle and here and finishes here. She explains about why study beauty in the last of the series.
Quote:

In today's world, I think it all the more imperative that our children learn early on to develop a discerning sense of what is truly beautiful and wholesome to look at and hear. The things that enter our souls through the windows of our eyes and ears have a profound effect on us. If our children leave the hearts of our homes without learning to look intently and reflect on sacred things, lovely images, and beautiful melodies, they risk becoming cluttered with the world's junk and developing a confused sense of what is truly lovely, noble, good, wholesome, and lovely. ...

Most important though is the appreciation of beauty, of looking, reflecting, and learning to love what is truly lovely. ...

Let classical music be the background noise of your home. ...

We all know the research about art and music being good for children's brain development, but it's good for their souls too. It gives them a healthy appetite for what is truly beautiful and holy and sacred. It gives them discerning tastes. If I raise an artistic or musical or literary snob, I will hardly be disappointed. We could use a few more snobs in this world. ... Inspired artwork and masterful music are the healthiest educational snacks we can provide the children in our care. Combine them with tea served in lovely cups and a few delicate treats, and you've created an atmosphere for all that is lovely to truly take root in your child's heart.

That summed it up for me!

BTW, Alice -- those two museums were my old stomping grounds -- how I wish I could see them with my own kids .... and the aquarium, planetarium and just playing in GGPark! Lovely for your kids they can share this beauty!

my website that combines my schooling, hand-knits work, writing and everything else in one spot!
Back to Top View Mary G's Profile Search for other posts by Mary G Visit Mary G's Homepage

chicken lady
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Aug 19 2007 at 8:55am | IP Logged Quote chicken lady

Beauty is an attribute of God, it is sooooo immensely important in our lives. It lifts our souls to the Heavenly Father. Art is the only thing that has transcended every civilization, it cannot be cultivated to much.

I hear you Cay, I must have beauty or I will shivel and die. That does not mean I have to spend oodles amount of money, it means I need to intentionally seek beauty. One way is to only have beautiful things in our homes. I only have toys that I think our quality and beautiful. For me that means no plastic. ( I did allow the girls to have my liitle ponies, and they are so ugly, but the girls ADORE them)
I love natural fibers, pottery, antique furniture etc. So I don't have ALOT but what I have I love.
For me it is important that my dc learn to distinguish the true and beautiful in tangible items, as their souls advance they can apply this to their spiritual lives. I apply this to music and literature as well. Fill them with the beauty before the twaddle. I liken this to junk food, a little now and again is not a problem, if they have a constant healthy dose of organic nutrients!!!
Great thread Cay, I love it
Back to Top View chicken lady's Profile Search for other posts by chicken lady Visit chicken lady's Homepage

lapazfarm
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Aug 19 2007 at 9:56am | IP Logged Quote lapazfarm

Oh, you ladies are inspiring me!
I have been working hard on a few things that I think will make our home more beautiful.

First, decluttering. It is hard to see, much less appreciate beautiful things when surrounded by clutter. I am working on this diligently and am loving the results.

Second, setting up Montessori materials. These things have a beauty and logic all their own and is why I think children (and moms!) find them so irresistible. Little by little as I set up our learning centers with these lovely things I find myself also making more of an effort to make the area surrounding them more beautiful. Whereas before I had posters plastering the science room, now I am hanging framed pictures (just things I had already-nothing fancy) and planning a wall mural.

Third, I am making a real effort this year to make time and space for the children to create art. I am one of those who are guilty of pushing art to the back burner for years now. I don't want to let that happen anymore. I am starting simple with a new book of ideas and a few simple materials. Again, nothing fancy, but it is a start and I am pleased.

Fourth, as always, surrounding ourselves with the beauty of God's creation. Once again I am committed to getting out of the house as much as possible and doing nature study. But not only that. Like Molly,I want to bring more of the natural into our home and eliminate the plastic junk. There is a reason why toys and furnishings made of real wood, stone, wool, silk, clay, cotton, and other natural materials are considered aesthetically superior to plastic and synthetic. Man-made can never compare in beauty to God-made!

So, those are my small efforts this year and I am very excited about them. I look forward to reading more and getting inspired by more great ideas here!

Back to Top View lapazfarm's Profile Search for other posts by lapazfarm Visit lapazfarm's Homepage

msclavel
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Aug 19 2007 at 6:15pm | IP Logged Quote msclavel

This is so much fun! You know, one of the ways God lets me know that He sent me this forum is when exactly what is rolling around in my brain appears here.

Cay, this is exactly what I have been pondering, and I have so many thoughts, and my dinner is cooking, so I can't get them in here just now.

I'll be back, can't wait to follow this beautiful conversation.
Back to Top View msclavel's Profile Search for other posts by msclavel

CKwasniewski
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Aug 19 2007 at 7:59pm | IP Logged Quote CKwasniewski

Cay, thank you for starting this wonderful topic!

I have been thinking about this more and more since we have moved from culture filled (Austria) Europe to middle- of-nowhere Wyoming.

How can I bring the culture and beauty I love to my children?

I need to add into my prayers, that I can bless my husband and children in this way.

I have put beautiful art work up, not just prints, but also the few "real" paintings we have. Also, photos of the beautiful places we went in Europe--so I don't forget!

I encourage them in their art whether that is drawing, sculpting, pattern block magnets on the fridge, memorizing poetry, music lessons, or taking a class at the local art center. For me, that meant covering a bunch of notebooks this weekend, a la Dawn! Thanks for the inspiriation!

Hopefully, I'll be taking music lessons myself again this year! This may be a luxury for many, both in time and money, but I feel it is important for me as a person and for the atmosphere of our home. And I'm a better teacher if I know what its like to be a learner!

Our flower (and veggie) garden is important and getting the kids out into nature, generally. Wyoming is amazingly beautiful.

The other thing is that we try to make our nighttime prayer and other religious areas/times beautiful--with singing, candles, flowers. I love the human and physical dimension of our faith! We esp. need to cultivate it in our homes--make them a bit of heaven on earth.

Looking forward to seeing everyone's ideas!

blessings,
CK
Back to Top View CKwasniewski's Profile Search for other posts by CKwasniewski

Cay Gibson
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Aug 19 2007 at 8:13pm | IP Logged Quote Cay Gibson

CKwasniewski wrote:

I have been thinking about this more and more since we have moved from culture filled Austria, Europe to middle- of-nowhere Wyoming.

I would be very interested in you highlighting the differences between "culture filled...Europe to" the States. I've heard there's a significant difference and I'd love a front-row viewing as I have never been overseas.

I'm thinking much deeper than just art on canvas. I'm thinking of:

• the art of cooking and baking
  • the art of painting and drawing
  • the art of sculpting
  • the art of sewing
  • the art of crafting
  • the art of woodcarving
  • the art of herbal study
  • the art of writing
  • the art of graphic art
  • the art of gardening
  • the art of hospitality
  • the art of architecture
  • the art of naturalist

Right within this small list I can think of many of you who have these talents.

Which are you and how do you use it?
Which talent(s) is your child(ren) drawn to and how do you foster it?

mom to 5
Back to Top View Cay Gibson's Profile Search for other posts by Cay Gibson Visit Cay Gibson's Homepage

chicken lady
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Aug 19 2007 at 10:00pm | IP Logged Quote chicken lady

WOW Cay this is awesome, you are really getting the juices flowing in my brain. There are so many talented artist here I cannot wait to get new ideas.
Back to Top View chicken lady's Profile Search for other posts by chicken lady Visit chicken lady's Homepage

missionfamily
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Aug 19 2007 at 10:46pm | IP Logged Quote missionfamily

I have been consumed by thoughts about this lately, about teaching my children what is beautiful (in all the ways you described above, Cay) and about cultivating beauty in my home. I think the difference you asked about in European and other cultures in that a life of beauty is not necessary a life of conveniences. It has become the American way to do everything the easiest, fastest, cheapest way possible. And yet if you look at that list, Cay, those things are not things you squeeze in quickly and half-heartedly between piano lessons and soccer practice. They require stillness, reflection, practice to acquire the skill, trial and error to find your unique area of giftedness, research, and to some extent, financial investment. They also require, dare I say it, hard work and dedication. Even something as simple as maintaining and displaying a small collection of art prints takes a bit of work.
It seems to me that the reason we have less of an eye for the beautiful and lovely in America is because we just prefer what is easier. A store-bought pie is hardly as lovely as a home-made one sitting on the kitchen counter on a special plate that has to be hand-washed. A bare table is hardly as lovely as one covered in a pretty tablecloth with a basket full of cloth napkins in the center and a vase of fresh-picked flowers. But achieving that loveliness takes time and commitment and requires that we be home!
Today I was consumed with so many little projects I want to take on to enhance the sense of beauty in my home and in m children's hearts. And then I was overwhelmed by the reality of it. As you probably know by now, it's not unusual for me to bite off more than I can chew (my jaw is unusually tired this week!).
But this whole endeavor of steeping my family in beauty and culture is an important priority for me, so I will take on the work it requires, and I will be content to be in my home, making it a place of beauty, most of the time. And I will forgo some of the conveniences in favor of the lovely.
That is where I need to start. What about the rest of you? What is the starting point for you?

Footprints on the Fridge
Back to Top View missionfamily's Profile Search for other posts by missionfamily Visit missionfamily's Homepage

amyable
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Aug 20 2007 at 7:07am | IP Logged Quote amyable

This morning I was humming a song that includes Phillipians 4:8

Quote:
Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is gracious, if there is any excellence and if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things.

and I thought that this would be a good starting point for me as a definition of beauty - these things, and thinking on these things.

I have nothing else to add, because like I said on my blog this morning, I think I'm a "beauty school dropout." I can't seem to wrap my brain around how to do this practically. I will just sit back and take copious notes on this thread!! (and probably ask a million questions along the way!)

Back to Top View amyable's Profile Search for other posts by amyable

msclavel
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Aug 20 2007 at 7:41am | IP Logged Quote msclavel

It wasn't until I was an adult that I realized the gift my parents gave me when they taught me to appreciate fine art and music. The soundtrack in our home was my father's extensive collection of classical music, first on vinyl LPs, then CDs and now he loads up his iopd! The technology changed, but the beauty and truth did not.
My parents regularly took us to the opera, even as young children. I am blessed to still live very near them because now they are sharing it with my children.
My father has an amazing collection of original fine art (mostly Latin American artists) and prints beautifully displayed. We laughed over the fact that once we knew they were safe and healthy after the fire our first thoughts were concern over his collection. In fact, I helped him pick one of the originals bought at an exhibit. I love the painting for its beauty as much as the memory of picking it with him.
This is getting long...Well, now in our home, with our itty-bitty budget, we still have managed to fill it with beauty. Most of it has been gifts. Some has been scrimped and saved for. And some, I will admit, was bought on impulse, captivated by its loveliness, unable to resist seeing it in our home. Still, I know I can work on this more, but I'll post a little later about my thoughts on that.
Back to Top View msclavel's Profile Search for other posts by msclavel

marihalojen
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Aug 20 2007 at 7:57am | IP Logged Quote marihalojen

Whenever I think of beauty I think of Victoria, while other girls my age were reading Teen and YM, I chose Victoria. But I'm not just here to sing the praises of the magazine but rather to relate how the photos within made such an impression on me. Beautiful photos, yes. The women photographed, beautiful again. But what were those women doing? Something from your list, Cay!

the art of cooking and baking - usually with floury children!
the art of painting and drawing - outside or at a window
the art of sewing - embroidery, anybody?
the art of sculpting - I don't recall a photo shoot with a sculpter but do recall frequent sculptures in rooms and gardens, and it occured to me that common people could have beautiful art too!

I could go on, but it just dawned on me that Victoria was very CM! There were always beautiful quotes copied into the pages, great classic books recommended, constant nature study and gardening, the best music, I could probably place the 'blame' for all my CM tendencies squarely on Victoria's doorstep!

Well, this was all inspired by Colleen's quote:

missionfamily wrote:
   I think the difference you asked about in European and other cultures in that a life of beauty is not necessary a life of conveniences. It has become the American way to do everything the easiest, fastest, cheapest way possible.

Exactly! Are we too focused on the end result to enjoy the journey? Is the destination all that we are interested in?

To relate it back, one more time to the magazine from my formative years, the recipes included within were always time consuming with ingredients that might require a trip to the herb garden and multiple steps, if it required puff pastry, there was a recipe for puff pastry included. It was about the making of the food not just about the quickest way to get the food into the mouth.   

missionfamily wrote:
And yet if you look at that list, Cay, those things are not things you squeeze in quickly and half-heartedly between piano lessons and soccer practice. They require stillness, reflection, practice to acquire the skill, trial and error to find your unique area of giftedness, research, and to some extent, financial investment. They also require, dare I say it, hard work and dedication.

That stillness and reflection, that time to practice these chosen beautiful things and then the dedication to keep it up, not just for a week, and not just for a month but maybe first for a season and then for a year and then for a lifetime, that is what I'm striving for!

To be able to concentrate on something, perhaps a painting, for a season and be able to show it and say - I've painted this winter and this is the beautiful result - is very different than the Trading Spaces styled art that happens in 15 minutes with large paintbrushes and splashes and swooshes of color. One is the easiest, fastest, cheapest way possible and the other takes time and is about the journey and the process.

missionfamily wrote:
But this whole endeavor of steeping my family in beauty and culture is an important priority for me, so I will take on the work it requires, and I will be content to be in my home, making it a place of beauty, most of the time. And I will forgo some of the conveniences in favor of the lovely.

Bullseye! I may break out Marianna's Calligraphy set today and I will copy this out, (copywork for me!)

missionfamily wrote:
   What about the rest of you? What is the starting point for you?

I have been so busy, planning and replanning ad nauseum all summer striving for the perfect year for Marianna. I am now going plan - one more time! - but look at lifestyle choices for the family, ways to introduce beauty and culture and then give those items priority.

Cay, thank you for beginning this discussion.

SSR = Sailing, Snorkling, Reading
Back to Top View marihalojen's Profile Search for other posts by marihalojen Visit marihalojen's Homepage

missionfamily
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Aug 20 2007 at 10:05am | IP Logged Quote missionfamily

Read Elizabeth's latest postfor more inspiration!

Footprints on the Fridge
Back to Top View missionfamily's Profile Search for other posts by missionfamily Visit missionfamily's Homepage

chicken lady
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Aug 20 2007 at 10:23am | IP Logged Quote chicken lady

marihalojen wrote:

but look at lifestyle choices for the family

YOu hit the nail on the head here!

Alice C
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: Aug 20 2007 at 6:03pm | IP Logged Quote Alice C

Oh, Cay! What a wonderful thread! This is exactly where I am right now, struggling to keep beauty (and the peace that goes with it) in our topsy-turvy, construction-filled life.

chicken lady wrote:
Beauty is an attribute of God, it is sooooo immensely important in our lives. It lifts our souls to the Heavenly Father. Art is the only thing that has transcended every civilization, it cannot be cultivated to much.

This is SO true! This is one of my all time favorite Pope John Paul II quotes:

"Beauty is a key to the mystery and a call to transcendence. It is an invitation to savor life and to dream of the future. That is why the beauty of created things can never fully satisfy. It stirs that hidden nostalgia for God which a lover of beauty like Saint Augustine could express in incomparable terms: "Late have I loved you, beauty so old and so new. Late have I loved you!""
~ Pope John Paul II in his Letter to Artists, April 1999

I truly believe our souls crave beauty. I too, would "shrivel and die" without it. I love every word of that quote!

chicken lady wrote:
One way is to only have beautiful things in our homes. I only have toys that I think our quality and beautiful. For me that means no plastic.

We have also been slowly getting away from plastic in many ways. To me, there is nothing quite like a toy, or other object, that has been lovingly crafted by hand using God-made materials. This is the reason I have a growing collection of handmade pottery that I actually use for everyday. Choosing a carefully hand made item, to me, is like choosing living books over twaddle. I consider all the junky little, made-in-China, plastic, toys that take up space in my children’s toy box (yep, they are there) nothing less than esthetic twaddle.

Another way we try to incorporate beauty into our daily lives is by framing beautiful art prints (from places like AllPosters and art.com). I am partial to paintings that include children and also tell a story. (Like this one from Frederick Morgan, and we also love this one.) I am also a big believer in having original art around the house, but since we cannot afford much beyond the bits of pottery I mentioned, we lovingly mat and frame (love the Hobby Lobby 50% off frames days!) our own original art. Most of it is the kids’ work and they just beam with pride when a visitor notices something they have done. I think it also makes art (fine art) more "touchable" and interesting to them. Unfortunately, all of the above is off the walls right now due to the work on the house.     

"Every piece of art, be it religious or secular, be it a painting, a sculpture, a poem or any form of handicraft made by loving skill, is a sign and a symbol of the inscrutable secret of human existence, of man's origin and destiny, of the meaning of his life and work." Pope John Paul II

a number of things
gardens of grace
Back to Top View Alice C's Profile Search for other posts by Alice C

MarilynW
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Aug 20 2007 at 7:52pm | IP Logged Quote MarilynW

What a wonderful and inspiring thread. I have been inspired by an article that I printed out last year from Alice Gunther's blog - Alice I hope that you do not mind me quoting you (I am not managing to link):

"4. Remember your dreams.
Every mother begins the adventure of home education with a beautiful dream of what her children's lives and learning will be like. Then the details get in the way. Why is it that we always find time for long division, but put picture study or poetry on the back burner? Make this the year for watercolors and wilderness walks, sewing circles and Shakespeare."

Back to Top View MarilynW's Profile Search for other posts by MarilynW

Cay Gibson
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Aug 20 2007 at 7:56pm | IP Logged Quote Cay Gibson

I'm just not sure why, when I'm looking to include more beauty and art into my home, my afternoon is spent...

...like this.

But it's good. Right? All good!

mom to 5

CKwasniewski
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Aug 20 2007 at 9:14pm | IP Logged Quote CKwasniewski

Cay,
Its great!

You know, there are lots of days when the most I can do for beauty is clean the counter-tops, cook the meals and keep myself from saying that mean word to my kids--and smile instead.

I think when my dd is old enough to learn, I will get excited about crochet & sewing again. For now, I am just cleaning up messes and squeezing beauty into the CORNERS of my life....

When I look at your long list of arts and crafts... I realize how much I long to do, with very little energy (and money) to do it... But, yes "I would shrivel up and die without beauty"!

I long for the art museums of the east coast! Even Denver!

But this thread has inspired me. I copied some haiku into a new notebook. And now, I am researching the Japanese tea ceremony....

enough rambling.
time to go and drink that tea!

cheers,
CK

Back to Top View CKwasniewski's Profile Search for other posts by CKwasniewski

Alice C
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: Aug 21 2007 at 4:39pm | IP Logged Quote Alice C

missionfamily wrote:
I think the difference you asked about in European and other cultures in that a life of beauty is not necessary a life of conveniences. It has become the American way to do everything the easiest, fastest, cheapest way possible.

One of my favorite reads, to get a glimpse the European lifestyle, is "Joie de Vivre" by Robert Arbor. He is in no way anti-American, as he has a home in the US and in France, yet his approach to daily life is simple, beautiful and very European.

a number of things
gardens of grace
Back to Top View Alice C's Profile Search for other posts by Alice C

Page of 3 Next >>
  [Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version