Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Tea and Conversation
 4Real Forums : Tea and Conversation
Subject Topic: Conference Favorites Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
Cay Gibson
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Online Status: Offline
Posted: Aug 14 2007 at 3:07pm | IP Logged Quote Cay Gibson

JennGM wrote:
...physically I was having a bad day, ...

Well, I would have never known it, Jenn.
The pictures I've seen of you are so beautiful.
You are totally romancing that pregnancy.

mom to 5
Cajun Cottage Under the Oaks
Back to Top View Cay Gibson's Profile Search for other posts by Cay Gibson Visit Cay Gibson's Homepage

JennGM
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: Aug 14 2007 at 3:49pm | IP Logged Quote JennGM

Cay Gibson wrote:
JennGM wrote:
...physically I was having a bad day, ...

Well, I would have never known it, Jenn.
The pictures I've seen of you are so beautiful.

Thank you, Cay.

Back to Top View JennGM's Profile Search for other posts by JennGM Visit JennGM's Homepage

Meredith
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Aug 14 2007 at 4:37pm | IP Logged Quote Meredith

I agree, Jenn, you were radiant all day long!!

Back to Top View Meredith's Profile Search for other posts by Meredith Visit Meredith's Homepage

Dawn
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Aug 14 2007 at 5:15pm | IP Logged Quote Dawn

Meredith wrote:
I agree, Jenn, you were radiant all day long!!

I third that, Jenn!!

I have so many little moments to remember from this beautiful day, I will carry them in my heart always ...

A glorious sunny morning, arriving at the conference, wondering nervously/excitedly who was who as we walked in ... meeting Amy (amyable), Rachel May and Michele Q right away and realizing this was IT! The moment was finally here!

Putting faces with names was the best. Especially figuring out usernames vs. real names. (Hi mavmom, kathleenmom and chicken lady!! )

The Mass was absolutely beautiful ...

The calm and joy that came over me before I had to speak, knowing that these people before me were friends and I had nothing to fear ...

The delicious lunch out in the sunshine chatting with Meredith (like we'd known each other forever)!

Mary Ellen's talk on home education and special needs was incredible - I was in tears, in laughter, and completely encouraged and inspired. It was just what I needed to hear ...

Elizabeth's final talk was so touching and *perfect* but I have to say I will remember her first talk even more because my husband was there for it and I saw him nodding along and "getting it."

I could go on and on ... it was a truly splendid day, a memory to treasure and I so hope I can make it to PA next year to meet with all you dears again!

Back to Top View Dawn's Profile Search for other posts by Dawn

MEBarrett
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Aug 14 2007 at 5:44pm | IP Logged Quote MEBarrett

Cay Gibson wrote:

She really is. All these beautiful,energetic pregnant women. I don't know how they do it. I always look like I was dragged through a hedge backwards when I am pregnant.

Tales from the Bonny Blue House
O Night Divine
Back to Top View MEBarrett's Profile Search for other posts by MEBarrett Visit MEBarrett's Homepage

MEBarrett
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Aug 14 2007 at 5:46pm | IP Logged Quote MEBarrett

Dawn wrote:

Mary Ellen's talk on home education and special needs was incredible - I was in tears, in laughter, and completely encouraged and inspired. It was just what I needed to hear ...

Thank you so much. It means so much coming from one of my favorite internet inspirations and great blogging friend. I wish we had had more time together.

O Night Divine
Back to Top View MEBarrett's Profile Search for other posts by MEBarrett Visit MEBarrett's Homepage

Meredith
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Aug 14 2007 at 5:57pm | IP Logged Quote Meredith

MEBarrett wrote:
I always look like I was dragged through a hedge backwards when I am pregnant.

I am certain that isn't so Can you just say "Foss" for me one more time

I SO loved meeting you MaryEllen, it was pure joy!!

Back to Top View Meredith's Profile Search for other posts by Meredith Visit Meredith's Homepage

MEBarrett
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Aug 14 2007 at 6:02pm | IP Logged Quote MEBarrett

Meredith wrote:
I am certain that isn't so Can you just say "Foss" for me one more time
!!

I was honestly shocked, this life long New Yorker, to find out I had an accent! Imagine my surprise when I discovered that surrounded by all these charming southern lilts.

O Night Divine

amyable
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Aug 14 2007 at 6:08pm | IP Logged Quote amyable

Meredith wrote:
    Can you just say "Foss" for me one more time

Having grown up in NJ, I think you say it right your way.

And Jenn, you did look wonderful Saturday! I am sorry to hear you weren't feeling well through it all.

Back to Top View amyable's Profile Search for other posts by amyable

Meredith
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Aug 14 2007 at 6:13pm | IP Logged Quote Meredith

And me and my cowboy style Loved it!!!

JennGM
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: Aug 14 2007 at 6:15pm | IP Logged Quote JennGM

I'm totally blushing here. I've been so down the last few days, you are all boosting my spirits. I *feel* like I look bedraggled.

Mary Ellen, I don't believe you looked that way pregnant, either! I saw your pics with the twins, and you looks so lovely. Your accent is ever so slightly New Yorker. Delightfully so, as it reminded me of my dad's family.

Amy, I thought you looked lovely, not like a mama ready and waiting uncomfortably to deliver.

The accents were all so delightful. I totally loved Joanna's (Mrs. Granola). Dawn paid me the biggest compliment and said I had a Southern accent (I'll pay you later Dawn ). And Dawn wasn't too much Massachusetts except a few words. I was waiting to hear "pahk your cahr" etc.

Back to Top View JennGM's Profile Search for other posts by JennGM Visit JennGM's Homepage

lapazfarm
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Aug 14 2007 at 6:49pm | IP Logged Quote lapazfarm

Oh, yes! Hearing all of your voices was just so much fun!

And the husbands! Wow! What a charming bunch of gentlemen!Aren't we a lucky bunch of ladies to be so blessed!I only wish my dh had been there to meet those guys!

Back to Top View lapazfarm's Profile Search for other posts by lapazfarm Visit lapazfarm's Homepage

amyable
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Aug 14 2007 at 7:11pm | IP Logged Quote amyable

JennGM wrote:

Amy, I thought you looked lovely, not like a mama ready and waiting uncomfortably to deliver.

Thank you, Jenn! I think it was only by the grace of God (and maybe a bunch of adreneline) that I actually felt very good (well? LOL) that day. Even my dh said that I looked healthier that day than I had in a long time. So you guys got the best of me.

Back to Top View amyable's Profile Search for other posts by amyable

mrsgranola
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: Aug 14 2007 at 9:26pm | IP Logged Quote mrsgranola

Everything was my favorite!

I think if we did nothing but sit around and talk all day that we would have all felt awed to be around so many like-minded folks. It was surreal!I felt like I was at a family reunion!

I keep remembering bits and pieces of things that really stuck with me. Words of wisdom that will get me thru the rough patches this year. I've already started selling that big bin of curricula I had piling up to make myself let go of.

And it was a wonder I didn't need an interpreter! If you think MY accent is bad, you should hear some of the folks around *here*!

JoAnna in NC

Cay Gibson
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Aug 14 2007 at 11:08pm | IP Logged Quote Cay Gibson

Elizabeth wrote:
Mrs.K wrote:

Is it time for the second one yet?

We're looking at our options Kimberlee!

You mean there might be another one before the one in PA? Or am I reading that wrong? I'm confused.

mom to 5
Cajun Cottage Under the Oaks
Back to Top View Cay Gibson's Profile Search for other posts by Cay Gibson Visit Cay Gibson's Homepage

chicken lady
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Aug 15 2007 at 7:39am | IP Logged Quote chicken lady

I was just recollecting on the conference. One point that really struck me was EVERYONES humility. Seriously, I too hate HS conferences because it seems to me that we are being told how we must be. This conference was different, so many walks of life, so many different needs, and every speaker I heard made it clear that it was "what worked for them". They encouraged us to make it our own, accept our imperfections, in th words of JPII "families be who you are".   What a unique message and truly a gift. This is truly amazing to me, that all these women and men can come together and support not teach!   Gives me goose bumps I tell ya!   Oh....it could be the fever
Back to Top View chicken lady's Profile Search for other posts by chicken lady Visit chicken lady's Homepage

KristinaP
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: Aug 15 2007 at 8:21am | IP Logged Quote KristinaP

Jenn, knowing how lovely you looked 20 years ago, I'd have to say I really think you look more wonderful now in all the glory of motherhood.

I have to agree on the humility aspect. I was one of only a very few people there who doesn't homeschool and I didn't feel at all out of place, just somewhat overwhelmed . I figure real learning covers all areas of life whether our children homeschool or go to a brick and mortar school and our focus is the same- to make sure our families get to heaven. I don't find as many people with that same focus in the schooling community so its refreshing to see so many lovely people with that same goal here.    
Back to Top View KristinaP's Profile Search for other posts by KristinaP

Maryan
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Aug 15 2007 at 8:29am | IP Logged Quote Maryan

Kristina -- I'm so glad that I got to talk to you for a second! It's been so long! It was such a treat to see you and your latest!!

Back to Top View Maryan's Profile Search for other posts by Maryan

JennGM
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: Aug 15 2007 at 9:58am | IP Logged Quote JennGM

KristinaP wrote:
Jenn, knowing how lovely you looked 20 years ago, I'd have to say I really think you look more wonderful now in all the glory of motherhood.

Yikes! Has it been 20 years? And Maryan, I didn't realize that you go back that far, too!

Kristina, I could pick you out of a crowd anyday. You look great.

teamgriswold
Forum Rookie
Forum Rookie

Posted: Aug 15 2007 at 10:12am | IP Logged Quote teamgriswold

Everything was so wonderful! Thank you to everyone involved in making it happen and those attending. This diabetic pregnant mommy was delighted to have snacks throughout the day. I packed my own for the trip and the day but forgot them at home.

I loved all of it. Theresa, you inspired me to actually, maybe, get a little dirty outside and maybe just maybe touch a bug or two!    I'm not quite as jazzed about fungus and moss......yet!

By far, I have to say my absolute favorite part was having Mark there and watching it all come together for him. Of course I have kept him up late at night reading parts of various books and blogs to him but seeing him during Elizabeth's talks nod in agreement, smile and tear up at times was the best! We've had some great conversations since and I am even more excited for the coming year!

<< Prev Page of 3 Next >>
  [Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version