Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Nurturing the Years of Wonder
 4Real Forums : Nurturing the Years of Wonder
Subject Topic: Setting up the materials and organization Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
Meredith
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Online Status: Offline
Posted: July 08 2007 at 7:34pm | IP Logged Quote Meredith

Oh, I guess I didn't realize they were stacked. Are they pretty stable, cause I could see my 2 yo pulling them over if they aren't

Thanks so much ladies, invaluable as usual!

Back to Top View Meredith's Profile Search for other posts by Meredith Visit Meredith's Homepage

Mackfam
Board Moderator
Board Moderator
Non Nobis

Posted: July 08 2007 at 7:45pm | IP Logged Quote Mackfam

Yes, Meredith - they're pretty stable. My 2yo is a climber! He's gotten a toe hold a couple of times before I've gotten to him.

Back to Top View Mackfam's Profile Search for other posts by Mackfam Visit Mackfam's Homepage

Angel
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: July 09 2007 at 7:23am | IP Logged Quote Angel

I haven't had a chance to read this thread thoroughly; now that I have my printer up and going, I think I'm just going to print it out. Jennifer, I hope the nausea isn't as bad this time!!!!!! I'll be keeping you in my prayers.

I'm feeling a bit of a time crunch myself, but everyone here seems to be much more on top of things. Actually, I'm feeling kind of overwhelmed. I'll be 32 weeks tomorrow, and (if I can make it that long) that means I'll have 7 weeks before my scheduled C-section. I had hoped to be doing actual work with the kids in July so I wouldn't have anything hanging over my head during the baby's first 6 weeks, but what with vacation, viruses, summer soccer, and swim lessons, I am really behind.

I have my files and a planner set up, I'll be getting a laminator for my birthday , and *finally* the printer is up and going. (We had to replace one because of the lightning strike, but it has just sat downstairs forever... not really dh's fault, because every time he'd say, I need to move the printer up, something else would distract us.) So now I can print out some of the albums I'll be using from online. I'll be putting in an order to Montessori R&D today for a few of the elementary manuals.

What dh and I are still wrangling over is a few of the big materials -- specifically the map cabinet. My 8 yo dd is in desperate need of some hands-on geography!! Both dh and I think the maps would be a good investment, but we're hung up on where to *put* them. If I rearrange some things, I could put them in the dining room where I'll have most of our materials, but then they would be fully accessible to the toddlers and we'd probably end up losing the pieces. I have this room that used to be a bathroom but isn't anymore, and we've just been using it for - well, junk, basically. I could clear it out, put in some inexpensive shelving, and house the map cabinet in there as well as some of the other stuff -- like possibly our math materials? Then the big kids could get to it, but the babies can't open the door. I think I would have to post a bulletin board on the door with pictures of what's inside, though, so the kids would be reminded of what's in there. (Of course, the room is hardly beautiful; it's a 50's bathroom with peach and green plastic tile still covering the walls and some really bad wallpaper).

On the other hand, that's a lot of work and seems a little, well, odd. (The way this house uses space is really just odd.)

Or... how big is the map cabinet from Alison's? Maybe I could fit it on the hearth (it sticks out quite a bit), inside the hearth gate. Then it would be in the same room with most of the other materials. My true preference would be to use that ex-bathroom as my rotation closet, so I could collect all my stuff from the four corners of the earth and have it in one place, too.

Ok, off to take a good hard look at my dining room now... and get my printer going!!

--Angela
Three Plus Two
Show Your Work
Back to Top View Angel's Profile Search for other posts by Angel Visit Angel's Homepage

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

<< Prev Page of 3
  [Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version