Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
We Pray to the Lord
 4Real Forums : We Pray to the Lord
Subject Topic: Our Catherine Mary Joy is in heaven. Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
jdostalik
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Online Status: Offline
Posted: June 29 2007 at 10:02am | IP Logged Quote jdostalik

Angie,
I haven't been able to get on the message board very much lately and just saw this...I am praying mightily for you and your family as you grieve the loss of your dear Catherine Mary Joy. She rests in God's arms and intercedes for her loving family--you have a special patron saint in heaven waiting for you all. Love and hugs to you!

Let the Little Ones Come

Back to Top View jdostalik's Profile Search for other posts by jdostalik Visit jdostalik's Homepage

MEBarrett
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: June 29 2007 at 10:57am | IP Logged Quote MEBarrett

Angie,

I'm so sorry for your loss. Prayers offered for your comfort.

Tales from the Bonny Blue House
O Night Divine
Back to Top View MEBarrett's Profile Search for other posts by MEBarrett Visit MEBarrett's Homepage

Angela F
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: June 29 2007 at 3:41pm | IP Logged Quote Angela F

Angie,
You have been on my mind and in my prayers. We are so sorry for your loss. You are a blessing to us with your strong faith. Many more prayers coming your way!
God bless you,
Angela

Back to Top View Angela F's Profile Search for other posts by Angela F

Mackfam
Board Moderator
Board Moderator
Non Nobis

Posted: June 29 2007 at 4:06pm | IP Logged Quote Mackfam

Angie - You and your family have been on my mind a lot lately. Praying Mary keeps you under her comforting protection as you stand together at the foot of The Cross.

God's mercy be yours!

Back to Top View Mackfam's Profile Search for other posts by Mackfam Visit Mackfam's Homepage

Erica Sanchez
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: July 03 2007 at 7:29pm | IP Logged Quote Erica Sanchez

I've been away from the boards and am just reading this. I am so, so sorry, Angie.    You are an amazing example of peace to me. God bless you and your family during this difficult time.

Love,

Back to Top View Erica Sanchez's Profile Search for other posts by Erica Sanchez

Angie Mc
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Posted: July 03 2007 at 8:53pm | IP Logged Quote Angie Mc

Thank you so much Christy, Janette, Jennifer, Mary Ellen, Angela, Jennifer, Erica, and everyone who has prayed for us. After almost three weeks of our new way of living with our little Catherine, I can honestly say I'm feeling much better and much more oriented to my new reality. Our whole family is doing much better - thank you.

Thank you also for telling me that you can see God's grace in my family's situation. I do feel like I have been the recipient of a huge gift of faith from our Lord through the intercession of so many. My life, just ten years ago, was one of begging for peace and faith in all the wrong places . Needless to say, I suffered from frustration and shooting myself in the foot, over and over again. I so wanted the peace that passes understanding, but I simply couldn't manufacture it - no matter how hard I tried. In these past ten years I have returned to God, to Christ, and to His Church. I've hung around you great ladies and gentlemen and I've learned how to ask for and receive help through prayer. My heart has been softened and my grip has been loosened. All I know is that this loss would be absolutely unbearable without the truth of God's plan for us through His Church. Can you imagine living only with the loss of physical life and not with the promise of eternal life? Can you imagine living only with the coarse and superficial cultural view of the loss of the life I bore? No, God wants so much more for us. Our suffering and loss are so real yet He gives us something so much bigger, something complete and satisfying. Nothing less will do.

I guess I'm finding my words again - for better and worse friends . May you all be blessed for sharing my loss with me.

Love,    

Back to Top View Angie Mc's Profile Search for other posts by Angie Mc Visit Angie Mc's Homepage

Victoria in AZ
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: July 10 2007 at 2:38am | IP Logged Quote Victoria in AZ

Angie, friend, I am so very sorry for your loss and the suffering of your entire family. No, I could not imagine this loss without the promise of eternal life, and it is a comfort to read of your beautiful peace that surpasses all understanding. May God continue to bless you with it.

Sending love,

Back to Top View Victoria in AZ's Profile Search for other posts by Victoria in AZ

stefoodie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: July 10 2007 at 10:46am | IP Logged Quote stefoodie

As usual, Angie, even in your trials your words continue to bless me/us. We continue to pray for you and yours, dear friend.

mom to five
Back to Top View stefoodie's Profile Search for other posts by stefoodie Visit stefoodie's Homepage

Rachel May
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: July 10 2007 at 11:54am | IP Logged Quote Rachel May

Angie, You are an inspiration. Still praying for all of you!

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

<< Prev Page of 4
  [Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version