Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Tea and Conversation
 4Real Forums : Tea and Conversation
Subject Topic: Home from Kansas City Conference Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
margot helene
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Online Status: Offline
Posted: June 20 2007 at 3:01pm | IP Logged Quote margot helene

Cay asked me to post that she arrived safely home from the Kansas City conference. In her words:

I made it back safe and sound (just tired), but my digital camera is still lost. The conference was great. The people were all so sweet. I have some unpacking to do and have teenagers to talk to.

She'll be back to the forum soon.
Margot
Back to Top View margot helene's Profile Search for other posts by margot helene Visit margot helene's Homepage

Cay Gibson
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: June 20 2007 at 10:42pm | IP Logged Quote Cay Gibson

Thank you, Margot.

My dh found my camera...

...under the driver's seat.

Go figure.

It took St. Anthony awhile to come through. Guess he was busy this past week.

So I got my dh's new truck home in one piece. I got his children home in one piece. I got his wife home in one piece. And I didn't lose his two sets of keys or my cell phone.

It's all good.

I didn't get any pictures at the conference because the camera turned up missing right after Independance, KS. But, within that camera, were our Little House pictures. So I am thankful. Very thankful.

Thank you for all the prayers. God bless.

mom to 5
Cajun Cottage Under the Oaks
Back to Top View Cay Gibson's Profile Search for other posts by Cay Gibson Visit Cay Gibson's Homepage

wamegomom
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: June 21 2007 at 10:11am | IP Logged Quote wamegomom

I'm glad you found that camera, Cay! It was lovely to meet you in person. I have to tell you that your talk about Zelie Martin was so powerful for me. I've ordered the book and recommended it to a dear friend who lost a daughter to a brain tumor three years ago, and has recently had some severe sorrows. When I told her about what you shared about Zelie's life, she KNEW there was a mother in heaven who understood her. So your talk has blessed someone who wasn't even there.

Come on back to Kansas anytime--Chari and her wonderful children stayed with us, and all of you would sure be welcome!

Mary Alice
Back to Top View wamegomom's Profile Search for other posts by wamegomom

Maria B.
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: June 21 2007 at 10:44am | IP Logged Quote Maria B.

Any chance your talk was taped Cay or that you could list the book you recommmended?

Back to Top View Maria B.'s Profile Search for other posts by Maria B. Visit Maria B.'s Homepage

Cay Gibson
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: June 21 2007 at 12:44pm | IP Logged Quote Cay Gibson

Maria,
The book I recommended (along with some others on St. Therese's family) is Story of a Family by Fr. Stephane-Joseph Piat (published by Tan).

Yes, they taped the talks.

Here's the link: http://www.kccatholichomeschooler.org/speakertalks.htm of the speaker's talks.

They have a contact link you can email to see how to order them.

The Lacemaker's Talk was well-received and I even had a dad come talk to me with some questions afterwards . I don't know why I thought this was so cool but for a dad to come over after the talk really made me feel that I had touched some hearts. And that's what it's all about. I knew the women would relate. But for a dad to relate was awesome.

I really do plan to finish my book "The Lacemaker's Shop" one day soon. I'm hoping.

If anyone would like the handout sheets, PM me your private email addy and I'll forward it to you.

Mary Alice, here's another . It was so nice to meet and talk with you. Thank you for letting me know about your friend. I'll keep her in my prayers.

mom to 5
Cajun Cottage Under the Oaks
Back to Top View Cay Gibson's Profile Search for other posts by Cay Gibson Visit Cay Gibson's Homepage

Theresa H
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: June 21 2007 at 8:33pm | IP Logged Quote Theresa H

Cay,
I enjoyed getting to meet you and enjoyed your presentations! (The one I purchased on tape.) I've spent a couple of late nights trying to absorb all the great information in you're Literature Alive book. Hope to include much of the suggestions in our third year of homeschooling. We are still "finding our way", what's best for our family and such. Looking forward to using Catholic Mosiac also.

Glad you found the camera and you made it safe and sound back to LA! I may have questions once I start trying to implement some of the great ideas.

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

[Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version