Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Hidden Treasure
 4Real Forums : Hidden Treasure
Subject Topic: Visitation Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
chicken lady
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Online Status: Offline
Posted: May 30 2007 at 10:42pm | IP Logged Quote chicken lady

Helen, Anne, Alice or anyone else....what great ideas do you have up your sleeve for tomorrow. I just know I will read one of your blogs tomorrow night and think geez why did'nt I ask earlier
We finished up our Joan of Arc celebration today, now I need tomorrows activities.   We are re-crowning Our Lady and visiting a nursing home, and taking a meal to a new mom, but do you all have a craft of somesort we can do????
Back to Top View chicken lady's Profile Search for other posts by chicken lady Visit chicken lady's Homepage

alicegunther
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: May 30 2007 at 10:50pm | IP Logged Quote alicegunther

What fabulous activities you have planned! You beat me by a mile!!!

Wonderful!

Cottage Blessings
Brew yourself a cup of tea, and come for a visit!
Back to Top View alicegunther's Profile Search for other posts by alicegunther Visit alicegunther's Homepage

aussieannie
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: May 30 2007 at 11:36pm | IP Logged Quote aussieannie

As Alice said, you are doing all the best things for the feast - in two of our reading books it has mentioned attending to those in nursing homes and assisting those pregnant. Then if you look at the reading below a crowning on the feast is a beautiful way to finish the month of May. Lastly, I did not know of the title Our Lady, the Mother of Fair Love - what a beautiful title. I think you did your bit to honor Our Lady by this title in your thread recently on dressing in Mass!

"From the earliest centuries of the Catholic Church, Christians have addressed suppliant prayers and hymns of praise to the Blessed Virgin Mary, and the hope they have placed in the Mother of the Saviour has never been disappointed. They have looked upon Her as Queen of Angels, Queen of Patriarchs, Queen of Prophets, Queen of Apostles, Queen of Martyrs, Queen of Virgins. Because of Her eminence, She is indeed entitled to the highest honors that can be bestowed upon any creature.
Saint Gregory Nazianzen called Her Mother of the King of the entire universe, and the Virgin Mother who brought forth the King of the entire world.

His Holiness Pope Pius XII, in his Encyclical Letter of October 11, 1954, "On the Royal Dignity of the Blessed Virgin Mary and the Institution of Her Feast", ordaining its celebration throughout the world every year on May 31st, reminds us of what Pope Pius IX had said of Mary: "Constituted by the Lord as Queen of Heaven and earth, and exalted above all the choirs of Angels and the ranks of the Saints in heaven, standing at the right hand of Her only-begotten Son, Our Lord Jesus Christ, She petitions most powerfully with Her maternal prayers, and obtains what She seeks."

Pope Pius XII adds another ordinance: "We ask that on the feast day be renewed the consecration of the human race to the Immaculate Heart of the Blessed Virgin Mary. Upon this is founded a great hope that there may arise an era of happiness which will rejoice in the triumph of religion and Christian peace. Therefore let all approach, with greater confidence than ever before, to the throne of mercy and grace of our Queen and Mother, to beg help in difficulty, light in darkness and solace in trouble and sorrow." In asking this, the Holy Father was responding to the request of the Virgin Herself at Fatima in 1917, that the world and each soul individually be consecrated to Her Immaculate Heart. She promised that it will be then that "a time of
peace will be given to the world." Do not Mary's rights as Queen require respect? And will we deny to Her maternal Heart the love it merits, for twenty centuries of uninterrupted intercession on behalf of Her children?

The Queenship of Mary.
The last day of May, the glorious month of Our Blessed Mother, honors her with three outstanding titles: Our Lady, the Queen, Our Lady, Mediatrix of All Graces, and Our Lady, the Mother of Fair Love. The Queenship of Mary refers to her absolute dominion over all creation by virtue of being the Mother of the King by Whom the world was created. Mary is the Virgin Mother who brought forth the King of Heaven and earth. She is, and should be called, Queen of All Creation. Everything
we look at in the order of grace and of nature should be immediately related to her. Nothing is ever done by God, or ever was done, without Mary in His mind. Hers is the Sovereign Majesty of everything God made
and of everything He bestows by grace. In the Litany of Loreto, Mary is called Queen twelve times. The authors and dispensers of this book love to call Our Lady, Queen of the Slaves of the Immaculate Heart of
Mary.

Our Lady, Mediatrix of All Graces.
This title of Our Lady means that anything we get from God we get when Mary asks it, as she asks it, and to the degree with which she makes her request. She is the Mother of all favors for everyone. God will not listen to any prayer that is not offered to Him through the
intercession of Mary, the Mother of God. This is the constant teaching of saints and Popes. The Mass of Our Lady, Mediatrix of All Graces, was approved by Pope Benedict XV in 1921.

Our Lady, the Mother of Fair Love.
The children of Mary should not be merely loving; they should be beautifully and divinely so in all they do. Everyone who sees a Catholic, meets a Catholic, talks with a Catholic, should behold in his or her manner the ways, the looks, the voice, the gestures, the manner of dress, the simplicity and the purity of Mary, the Mother of Fair Love. Mary is the Mother of beautiful Love, of the Love which entrances all who see it. She wants to abide royally in all her children who call her their Mother and their Queen."

This is the source of the quotes above: http://www.newsfeeds.com/archive/talk-religion-christian-pro testant-adventist/msg00024.html

Back to Top View aussieannie's Profile Search for other posts by aussieannie Visit aussieannie's Homepage

Helen
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: May 31 2007 at 12:16am | IP Logged Quote Helen

When I saw blue frosted cupcakes at Meredith's blog, I knew I had to try that before the month ended.

We're going to have a blue tea time tomorrow.
Blueberries, blue tortilla chips, blue fruit smoothie, blue jello (ugh, I didn't make that tonight.) cupcakes with blue frosting. I wanted to emphasize "joy". The visitation is one of the seven Joys of Our Lady. I picked up some strawberries and whip cream too. Everyone is joyful when the whip cream comes out!

I love the idea of crowning Our Lady. Maybe the children can pick some of the clover from the grass and we can try to make a little crown out of it.

If I had Dawn's JOY letters from Advent, I would put them out at the table.

Back to Top View Helen's Profile Search for other posts by Helen Visit Helen's Homepage

aussieannie
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: May 31 2007 at 12:23am | IP Logged Quote aussieannie

That sounds really lovely Helen, we are in the afternoon of the feast and I have to go down the street, I think I will see what 'blue' food we can gather and I like the sound of whipped cream and strawberries! Yummy!

Thanks for the reminder that it is one of the seven joys of Our Lady.

Back to Top View aussieannie's Profile Search for other posts by aussieannie Visit aussieannie's Homepage

chicken lady
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: May 31 2007 at 9:51am | IP Logged Quote chicken lady

Great idea about the food and joy!   Thanks Anne for the readings.....off to finish making our dinner for a new mom!
Back to Top View chicken lady's Profile Search for other posts by chicken lady Visit chicken lady's Homepage

chicken lady
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: May 31 2007 at 11:36pm | IP Logged Quote chicken lady

I made Blueberry soup and blueberry ice tea, followed by blueberry ice cream for dessert! YUM thanks for the "Blue" theme one and all!   Funny though my 9 yr old dd wanted to know why we were eating all blue food today as she thinks of MAry as all white. After all she tells me MAry is soooooooooooooo HOLY!   Out of the mouths of babes!!!

The coloring page mentioned on another post was a wonderful compliment to our busy day, and we made the letter M ornaments *(magnets) someone blogged about, decorating them with blue glitter!! Now my fridge is adorned in blue glitter, simply beautiful!!!!   And our lovely MAry statue outside is crowned with minitature pink roses!!!
I would call it a successful "blue" feast day

Helen
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: June 01 2007 at 11:34am | IP Logged Quote Helen

chicken lady wrote:
I made Blueberry soup and blueberry ice tea, followed by blueberry ice cream for dessert! YUM thanks for the "Blue" theme one and all!   Funny though my 9 yr old dd wanted to know why we were eating all blue food today as she thinks of MAry as all white. After all she tells me MAry is soooooooooooooo HOLY!   Out of the mouths of babes!!!

The coloring page mentioned on another post was a wonderful compliment to our busy day, and we made the letter M ornaments *(magnets) someone blogged about, decorating them with blue glitter!! Now my fridge is adorned in blue glitter, simply beautiful!!!!   And our lovely MAry statue outside is crowned with minitature pink roses!!!
I would call it a successful "blue" feast day

Sounds like a great day!

Back to Top View Helen's Profile Search for other posts by Helen Visit Helen's Homepage

BrendaPeter
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: June 01 2007 at 12:21pm | IP Logged Quote BrendaPeter

chicken lady wrote:
The coloring page mentioned on another post was a wonderful compliment to our busy day, and we made the letter M ornaments *(magnets) someone blogged about, decorating them with blue glitter!!

Could you please direct me to the coloring page?

Thank you!

Brenda (mom to 6)
Back to Top View BrendaPeter's Profile Search for other posts by BrendaPeter

chicken lady
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: June 01 2007 at 12:52pm | IP Logged Quote chicken lady

I don't know how to do that...Helen, Alice?????

BTW....that cake is beautiful Anne, I love how you say you quick whipped up the crown that would take me a week

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

[Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version