Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Tea and Conversation (Forum Locked Forum Locked)
 4Real Forums : Tea and Conversation
Subject Topic: Who's Expecting? Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
Matilda
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Online Status: Offline
Posted: Oct 17 2008 at 9:03am | IP Logged Quote Matilda

I knew an Irish woman who was named Eithne. She pronounced it Eth-nee. Her sister was named Grainne (pron. Grawn-yah) and I thought she said that it meant "grace" but I might be wrong.

OK... according to this, I'm not:
The name Grace comes from the Irish origin. In Irish The meaning of the name Grace is: A variant of the Irish name Grianne, meaning love.

Waltzing Matilda
Back to Top View Matilda's Profile Search for other posts by Matilda

Matilda
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Oct 17 2008 at 9:07am | IP Logged Quote Matilda

I forgot to add that while I love Irish names, I have never been brave enough to use them because most of them are pronounced so differently than they are spelled. I am in awe of all you brave ladies! We have so far chosen French names for our girls and one boy. The other boy's name is Old English/Dutch but is very simple.

Waltzing Matilda
Back to Top View Matilda's Profile Search for other posts by Matilda

Nique
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Dec 16 2008 at 11:33pm | IP Logged Quote Nique

Hi Everyone!

We are expecting our 8th due on December 25th ~ how great is that? We have 6 here on earth, one in Heaven:) This little guy had the umbilical cord wrapped around his neck once @ his ultrasound back in July. Please may I ask for your prayers for him as well as a delivery I can offer up that will be pleasing to our dear Lord?
Thank you in advance!
---------------------
Sincerely,
Nique
Wife to Husband who looooooooves Hockey!
Mom to girl, girl, girl, boy, twin girls and boy on the way!
Back to Top View Nique's Profile Search for other posts by Nique

kristina
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Dec 17 2008 at 2:51pm | IP Logged Quote kristina

Congratulations, Nique! Christmas Day is such a special due date. Count on my prayers for you.
Seeing your post reminds me that I owe you a p.m. I had one all done and it got eaten by my computer . I will try to get that done this evening.

Blessings!

yesterthoughts
Back to Top View kristina's Profile Search for other posts by kristina

kbfsc
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: Feb 20 2009 at 4:30pm | IP Logged Quote kbfsc

We're expecting number 4 (well, actually number 6 when we include the precious babes awaiting us in heaven) in August. I'm grateful for prayers that we make it! So far ultrasound shows a healthy and active little one.

Blessings,
Kiera
Back to Top View kbfsc's Profile Search for other posts by kbfsc

Gratiae ut Deus
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Posted: Feb 27 2009 at 6:07pm | IP Logged Quote Gratiae ut Deus

We're expecting our 8th baby due Sept. 24th! Maybe, the sex will be a girl and it will make it an even tie. My daughters would be happy! I will be happy if the baby is healthy and happy! So far I'm feeling really well; too well. It's making me nervous. It's ridiculous that I can't just relax and be happy that I'm feeling so good. I'm just used to a rougher 1st trimester. I think I'll feel better when I have my 1st Dr. apt. and the doc hears the heart beat. That's the BEST!

Mom to 4ds and 3dds( 11, 10, 7, 6, 4, 3, 1 1/2)
Back to Top View Gratiae ut Deus's Profile Search for other posts by Gratiae ut Deus Visit Gratiae ut Deus's Homepage

asplendidtime
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: March 02 2009 at 9:18am | IP Logged Quote asplendidtime

Congratulations Kelly!

We are expecting our ninth little one, October 20th.    So far I am not feeling well at all. We had suspected because of symptoms, but dh brought me home a dozen roses and a HPT to see.   

Prayers please for our physician care situation. I am fired from my Christian doctor's care, not for any actual problems, I am not advanced maternal age, I have only had normal births. But he says that anyone who has had the number of dc I have is high risk. I contacted a local pregnancy center to see if they can help me find a doctor who won't put tons of pressure on me to "get broken".

Midwifery care is out, I looked into it last time our local Midwife moved to New Zealand. And anyone else will want me to drive toward their city to deliver (homebirth?) in a hotel room.    

Mary 14,
Tim 13,
Jonah 12,
Josh 10,
Zoe 9,
Will 7,
Peter 6,
Laura-Mae 4,
Emily-Joy 2,
Genevieve & Gabriella 1
Back to Top View asplendidtime's Profile Search for other posts by asplendidtime Visit asplendidtime's Homepage

Tina P.
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: March 02 2009 at 9:49am | IP Logged Quote Tina P.

8smallones wrote:
Prayers please for our physician care situation. I am fired from my Christian doctor's care, not for any actual problems, I am not advanced maternal age, I have only had normal births. But he says that anyone who has had the number of dc I have is high risk. I contacted a local pregnancy center to see if they can help me find a doctor who won't put tons of pressure on me to "get broken".

Midwifery care is out, I looked into it last time our local Midwife moved to New Zealand. And anyone else will want me to drive toward their city to deliver (homebirth?) in a hotel room.    

Oh Rebecca! I'm so happy for you, but this medical care strike is outrageous! Are they doing you any kind of service by denying you medical care? When you're high risk, you need the attention more than ever!

I wish we could host you and you could see my doctor. I *am* advanced in age, had two emergency C-sections my last two pregnancies, and just before I checked out of the hospital, he quipped about what I could expect *next* pregnancy.

Lots of and prayers, Tina

asplendidtime
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: March 02 2009 at 1:08pm | IP Logged Quote asplendidtime

Thanks Tina. He is my GP, so he's not comfortable taking care of me, even though my pregnancies have been very easy care. He was trying very hard to pursuade me to use some kind of BC if I wasn't going to agree to have a tubal.    I can't see the reason to not do my prenatal care and then transfer my care to an OB for delivery like he did the last time. So I need to find myself another GP.

Anyway, thanks for praying.

Mary 14,
Tim 13,
Jonah 12,
Josh 10,
Zoe 9,
Will 7,
Peter 6,
Laura-Mae 4,
Emily-Joy 2,
Genevieve & Gabriella 1
Back to Top View asplendidtime's Profile Search for other posts by asplendidtime Visit asplendidtime's Homepage

Gratiae ut Deus
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Posted: March 21 2009 at 9:41pm | IP Logged Quote Gratiae ut Deus

I have a very sad update. I have since miscarried my baby. I was 11 wks along and started bleeding so heavily that I had to go into the ER and have a D&C Very traumatic and scary. Thank God I had my VERY strong husband and mother-in-law(a saint) to help out and watch the other kids. This was my first miscarriage in 8 pregnancies and was in total shock. I guess you think it will never happen to you. They even had to give me a half a Valuim to calm me. I felt completely not in control. God showed me just how weak I am. I used to think I was strong; not anymore. Anyway, I would appreciate any prayers you could spare for me and my family. Thank you and God bless.

Tina P.
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: March 23 2009 at 8:26am | IP Logged Quote Tina P.

Kelly, we're praying for you. I think the thought that it will never happen to you (or even the lack of thinking about it at all) was very strong in me the first, and even the second, time it happened as well. If I could give you any advice, it would be to name this baby and pray to him or her with your other children. Let them know that they have an advocate in heaven!

God bless,

MaryM
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Posted: March 23 2009 at 8:09pm | IP Logged Quote MaryM

I'm so sorry to hear of your loss, Kelly. Praying for you.

Our Domestic Church
Back to Top View MaryM's Profile Search for other posts by MaryM Visit MaryM's Homepage

Mackfam
Board Moderator
Board Moderator
Non Nobis

Posted: March 24 2009 at 9:53am | IP Logged Quote Mackfam

Kelly - I'm so, so sorry and praying for you.

Back to Top View Mackfam's Profile Search for other posts by Mackfam Visit Mackfam's Homepage

LisaR
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: March 24 2009 at 11:12am | IP Logged Quote LisaR

Kelly, I am very very sorry. I lost a baby in Sept, and have not been able to conceive since. Some days I am able to be so grateful for the 5 I have here on earth, other days there is an acute sense of emptiness and longing for a baby.
praying for you.

Paul 14
Thomas 11
Dominic 8
Maria Gianna 5
Isaac Vincent 9/21/10! and...
many little saints in heaven!
Back to Top View LisaR's Profile Search for other posts by LisaR

Jody
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: March 25 2009 at 7:17pm | IP Logged Quote Jody

Oh Kelly, I'm so sorry to hear of your loss.

Peace,
Jody

LisaR
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: March 26 2009 at 10:14am | IP Logged Quote LisaR

found out on the annunciation I'm due on Thanksgiving. Please pray for me and baby. things are already looking precarious according to early test results.

Paul 14
Thomas 11
Dominic 8
Maria Gianna 5
Isaac Vincent 9/21/10! and...
many little saints in heaven!
Back to Top View LisaR's Profile Search for other posts by LisaR

Caroline
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: March 26 2009 at 11:52am | IP Logged Quote Caroline

I'm expecting and due in mid October.   

SuzanneG
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: March 31 2009 at 1:42am | IP Logged Quote SuzanneG

Congratulations, Lisa and Caroline! We'll add you to our Pregnant-Mommy-Prayers!!!

Back to Top View SuzanneG's Profile Search for other posts by SuzanneG

Stephanie_Q
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: April 13 2009 at 12:30pm | IP Logged Quote Stephanie_Q

We have told dh's family, but are waiting to hear confirmation of my husband's pending promotion before telling my family (all out of town) that we are expecting baby #5! It is too hard to keep quiet; especially now, during the Easter season while we're celebrating LIFE!

I'm not feeling too badly (I hope that's not a bad sign) but am extra hungry and tired. Please pray for us!

Due date is December 8!

Baby boy due 10.13
Back to Top View Stephanie_Q's Profile Search for other posts by Stephanie_Q Visit Stephanie_Q's Homepage

krystab
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Posted: April 15 2009 at 10:53pm | IP Logged Quote krystab

I am due October 9 with baby #5.
Krysta
Back to Top View krystab's Profile Search for other posts by krystab Visit krystab's Homepage

<< Prev Page of 32 Next >>
  [Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version