Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Planning and Ordering our Days
 4Real Forums : Planning and Ordering our Days
Subject Topic: Lesson Planning on the computer Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
Willa
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Online Status: Offline
Posted: July 10 2005 at 3:45pm | IP Logged Quote Willa

I have to revise my schedule and checklists every year too...

I finally figured out that it was my browser not letting me see all the commands -- so I'm on a different browser and will try to upload some of the forms that I revised for this year.

These two are for high schoolers. One form is for a syllabi -- page/book breakdown by subject, and the other is for them to write in week by week lesson plans (or for me to write them in). I got the idea of the 2-week modules from Elizabeth and Apologia Science.

2005-07-10_153825_HS_module2.doc

2005-07-10_153851_template2.doc

These two are weekly outlines/lesson planners for younger kids. One's for grade schoolers and one's for preschoolers (please remember I have a special needs child who needs some intervention -- I didn't used to do much formal with my small children).

2005-07-10_153921_weekoutline.doc

2005-07-10_153944_preschoolweekoutline.doc

These two are literature theme planners for me to use. I made the originals when I was using the 4Real Learning booklist, and just revised them yesterday. One is for broader range planning, with 6 themes on a page, and one is for monthly or weekly planning.

2005-07-10_154009_LiteratureOutline.doc

2005-07-10_154029_LiteratureOutline2.doc

I hope these do not seem too complicated and structured. I find I need to "plan" structured and leave lots of flex room in the implementation. Works for me, hope they help someone else

Take Up and Read
Back to Top View Willa's Profile Search for other posts by Willa

Louise
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: July 10 2005 at 7:02pm | IP Logged Quote Louise

Dear Willa,
I love your forms.    Now I wish I could see them filled out to give me a more concrete idea of what you do with them. I need a lot of hand walking to figure things out.   Blank forms leave me a little perplex. If you feel incline to share a week or two of planning I would be most grateful.
I am still trying to find the best format for our school with so many levels to run more smoothly.
Blessings,
Louise, mom of 11, trying to give this email some emotion to communicate my point better    

Back to Top View Louise's Profile Search for other posts by Louise Visit Louise's Homepage

Willa
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: July 10 2005 at 8:02pm | IP Logged Quote Willa

I was thinking I should do that, Louise. I have to start planning pretty soon anyway so I'll put up samples soon. I already have some from last year for the high schoolers, but I changed the other ones and made up the preschool one hoping to get a bit more up to speed with the littlies, so I haven't got any filled out for them yet.

OH, I know what you mean about juggling the different levels.

Take Up and Read

Willa
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: July 10 2005 at 8:13pm | IP Logged Quote Willa

Louise, I'm steering this off the topic of computer planning but how do YOU do it? I always admire the way you juggle so many resources with so many kids and they all turn out so well.   IF you have the time I'd love to hear how you choose and organize your resources. I'm trying to do things in a more hands-on, literature based way this year but the problem is that it's so hard to do that and stay organized... at least for me.

Take Up and Read

Willa
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: July 10 2005 at 10:19pm | IP Logged Quote Willa

Here's some partly filled in versions --HTH

High School -- samples from last year, Brendan 10th and Clare 9th

2005-07-10_220803_Spring_Course.doc

2005-07-10_221733_MODULE_1.doc

Weekly Plans for Grade School and Special Ed preschool;

2005-07-10_221809_weekoutlinesample.doc

2005-07-10_221835_preschoolsample.doc

Literature Theme Planners

2005-07-10_221901_LitThemeOverSample.doc

2005-07-10_221917_LitThemeSample.doc

Take Up and Read

momwise
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: July 11 2005 at 8:33am | IP Logged Quote momwise

Thanks so much for all the examples Willa. They are really helpful.

Louise
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: July 11 2005 at 8:58am | IP Logged Quote Louise

WJFR wrote:
Louise, I'm steering this off the topic of computer planning but how do YOU do it? IF you have the time I'd love to hear how you choose and organize your resources.

I'll try but it will have to be after I come back from Canada. We are leaving in a week and a half to celebrate my dear parents' 50th anniversary. We are all going! Making this a trip of more then eighteen hours with more then a dozen people of various ages quite an adventure! We will take our 15 passengers van, my sons' pickup truck and Explorer. Gabriel will stay in Canada (with the Explorer) living with family members until it is time for him to go to Ave Maria School of Law in Anne Arbor, Michigan. I am trying to figure out a way to pack that will work with the little space that will be left after we fill the van with so many human bodies. Any ideas? I had thought of putting everything in the pickup truck (Gabriel will have all his college stuff in the Explorer) but Xavier is coming back before us (with the truck) and I hate to have our stuff in a different vehicle then the majority of us will be. What if we get separated or the truck breaks down (say a quick prayer for us as all our vehicles are old)? OK I have steered this even further away from the topic so I'll stop here.

WJFR wrote:
I'm trying to do things in a more hands-on, literature based way this year but the problem is that it's so hard to do that and stay organized... at least for me.
Oh, for me too! I have to keep things as simple as possible. I'll explain better when I come back.

Blessings,
Louise, mom of 11

Back to Top View Louise's Profile Search for other posts by Louise Visit Louise's Homepage

momwise
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: July 11 2005 at 9:08am | IP Logged Quote momwise

Louise wrote:
I am trying to figure out a way to pack that will work with the little space that will be left after we fill the van with so many human bodies. Any ideas?

I saw a family while we were on vacation once who had a number of Rubbermaid containers stacked in the back of their van. Apparantly each family member had one for all their belongings and they were all the same size and shape. It seemed like it would work well. A different color lid for each person would be a great variation.

Why don't you post this on another forum before you leave? I'd love to see what other people say. Do you have a roof carrier?

TracyQ
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: July 20 2005 at 9:20am | IP Logged Quote TracyQ

One thing to mention here just in terms of warning. PLEASE for those of you who do things on the computer, PLEASE back up what you do, or print it out as a tangible record as well.

This year, I lost SO many of my records due to a hard drive crash on a less than one year old computer!

Oh, the hard lesson I've learned!

homeschooling in 15th year in Buffalo, NY
Back to Top View TracyQ's Profile Search for other posts by TracyQ

Marybeth
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: July 21 2005 at 11:34pm | IP Logged Quote Marybeth

chartjungle.com

has some really nice checklists for homeschooling.

Thought I should pass it along if it can help someone.

Tracy--good tip about backing up records or printing copies! I need to remember that.

Marybeth
Back to Top View Marybeth's Profile Search for other posts by Marybeth

materdei7
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: July 22 2005 at 12:33am | IP Logged Quote materdei7

Thanks Willa for the worksheets and blank forms.
These will come in handy for the upcoming school
year!

Meredith
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: July 22 2005 at 10:58am | IP Logged Quote Meredith

WJFR wrote:
I have to revise my schedule and checklists every year too.

I am finding that I'm having to do this too. Your forms are very helpful and well thought out. Thank you so much for sharing them with us, it is so much appreciated.   The partially filled in ones are also helpful to see how one puts them into action. God Bless    

Back to Top View Meredith's Profile Search for other posts by Meredith Visit Meredith's Homepage

Meredith
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: July 28 2005 at 11:04am | IP Logged Quote Meredith

I saw this on the Cathloic Sonlight digest this morning and looks like it would be something nice to have for the kids, let me know if anyone has tried these yet.
[URL=http://www.pflaum.com/planner/index2.htm] They're only $4.99 each

Back to Top View Meredith's Profile Search for other posts by Meredith Visit Meredith's Homepage

TracyQ
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: July 28 2005 at 11:21am | IP Logged Quote TracyQ

We ordered these planners this year, Meredith. One of the moms in our support group ordered them for whomever wanted them, so we could get a discount. She just said they're in! I can't wait to go get ours! I think the kids will love them, and it'll be much better than what we did last year!

homeschooling in 15th year in Buffalo, NY
Back to Top View TracyQ's Profile Search for other posts by TracyQ

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

<< Prev Page of 2
  [Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version