Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Tea and Conversation
 4Real Forums : Tea and Conversation
Subject Topic: Introductions 2012 - "Hi, I'm..." (Topic Closed Topic Closed) Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
kozitza.family
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Online Status: Offline
Posted: Jan 03 2012 at 6:22pm | IP Logged  

Hi I'm Lindsay and am from the Puget sound area in WA. I have 5 children with number 6 due in May.Their ages are DD 6, DD 5, DS 3, DS 2, DS 1, and the baby will be another DD. I have a 1st grader and a preK. We currently use Seton for much of our work, but have branched off a little in a few subjects. Currently, I do not have a homeschool philosophy (actually that sort of becomes a philosophy on it's own). God Bless.

Back to Top View kozitza.family's Profile Search for other posts by kozitza.family

Nique
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Jan 03 2012 at 9:16pm | IP Logged  

Welcome to our newest member of 2012 - Lindsay!   You are so in the right place, and we are delighted to include you in our circle of friends .
Congratulations on your baby on the way. What a beautiful family you are

Back to Top View Nique's Profile Search for other posts by Nique

MaryM
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Posted: Jan 03 2012 at 9:20pm | IP Logged  

Nique wrote:
Welcome to our newest member of 2012 - Lindsay!   You are in the right place, and we are so to have you here.
Thank you!

Oh, yes, welcome, Lindsay ...and Nique that reminds me that we need to start a new Intro 2012 thread, don't we...

Our Domestic Church
Back to Top View MaryM's Profile Search for other posts by MaryM Visit MaryM's Homepage

stellamaris
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Jan 04 2012 at 7:55am | IP Logged  

Hey, welcome Lindsay! I'm from Tacoma, and my folks still live there! Great to meet someone else from the Great Northwet!

Flowing Streams
Back to Top View stellamaris's Profile Search for other posts by stellamaris Visit stellamaris's Homepage

Pilgrim
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Jan 04 2012 at 8:13am | IP Logged  

Welcome Lindsay! Nice to have you join. We are expecting number 6 as well, due in June. May you enjoy the wonderful fellowship here, and benefit as we all do from the gems of wisdom we all share! God bless your family.

St. Clare Heirloom Seeds coupon 4Real 20% off

St. Clare Audio
Back to Top View Pilgrim's Profile Search for other posts by Pilgrim Visit Pilgrim's Homepage

kozitza.family
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Posted: Jan 04 2012 at 9:38am | IP Logged  

Thank you everyone. For all of you near by, I liv in Bremerton. Hopefully in the next few years will be moving closer to Tacoma.
Back to Top View kozitza.family's Profile Search for other posts by kozitza.family

MaryM
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Posted: Jan 05 2012 at 12:08am | IP Logged  

An new introduction thread for a new year. New members, please post so we can get to know you. And welcome!

Our Domestic Church
Back to Top View MaryM's Profile Search for other posts by MaryM Visit MaryM's Homepage

hylabrook1
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: Jan 05 2012 at 3:14pm | IP Logged  

Welcome, Lindsay! How nice to meet you.

Peace,
Nancy
Back to Top View hylabrook1's Profile Search for other posts by hylabrook1

Erin
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: Jan 06 2012 at 2:03pm | IP Logged  

Welcome Lindsay

Back to Top View Erin's Profile Search for other posts by Erin Visit Erin's Homepage

jawgee
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Jan 06 2012 at 3:20pm | IP Logged  

Welcome!!

C (12/2001), N (11/2005), M (5/2008), J (8/2009) and three angels
The Catholic Cup on Facebook
Back to Top View jawgee's Profile Search for other posts by jawgee

Theophilus
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Posted: Jan 28 2012 at 1:51pm | IP Logged  

Hello!

I don't think I have ever introduced myself, though I am a long time lurker. My name is Maria and I have twins who are 2 years old and and a 5 month old. My husband and I are considering homeschooling, but we are not certain yet. I'm not really sure what else to say about myself -- I love my Catholic faith, I love the Latin mass (though we don't attend exclusively), I like to knit and scrapbook but I'm not particularly good at either, and I like to sleep, but the baby is really not helping out with that

I also have a question: what is the best homeschooling book I could get to start with? I have two already: the one by Kimberly Hahn and a classical education book, The Well Trained Mind. Are these good? Is there something better? Thank you!
Back to Top View Theophilus's Profile Search for other posts by Theophilus

Nique
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Jan 28 2012 at 2:07pm | IP Logged  

Welcome Theophilus! What an interesting nom-de-plume! Love the ones that make you think. I got a laugh at your "I like to sleep"
Great books you've mentionned. The one I started with was Catholic Homeschooling by Mary Kay Clark
Hope to see you again soon!

Pilgrim
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Jan 28 2012 at 2:44pm | IP Logged  

Don't have much time at the moment, but I wanted to say welcome! We like our sleep here, too, and are relishing this in-between stage where we CAN sleep, until #6 arrives in June.

I don't have any book recommendations, beyond those already mentioned. I will say, we love our homeschooling life, and how close it has made our family. It is not always easy, and DOES take sacrifice, and prayer, but this life has enriched our family and relationships so very much.

Once again, nice to see you here, and to see another blossoming young Catholic family seeking God's will for the life of their family and education of their precious Gifts from God.

St. Clare Heirloom Seeds coupon 4Real 20% off

St. Clare Audio
Back to Top View Pilgrim's Profile Search for other posts by Pilgrim Visit Pilgrim's Homepage

mylonite
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: Jan 28 2012 at 6:07pm | IP Logged  

Hi Theophilus!

I also recommend the Catholic Homeschooling book by Mary Kay Clark mentioned earlier. I found it in a local thrift store, and was inspired. I should dig it out again, to be honest.

Mama also to four in Heaven
Back to Top View mylonite's Profile Search for other posts by mylonite Visit mylonite's Homepage

coykenzie
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Posted: Jan 30 2012 at 8:37am | IP Logged  

Hi, My name is Monique. I am a Catholic homeschooling mama to two wonderful kids, a son age 8 and a daughter age 6 (almost 7)
We have been homeschooling for about 5 years now.
We live in the mountians of Virginia.

I look forward to chatting with you ladies.

Monique
Mountain of Grace
Back to Top View coykenzie's Profile Search for other posts by coykenzie

Mackfam
Board Moderator
Board Moderator
Non Nobis

Posted: Jan 30 2012 at 8:50am | IP Logged  

I'm a little behind in my hospitality and welcoming new members!

I'm thrilled to see you all here, and I'm so looking forward to getting to know you and your stories as you share more on the board! Welcome, welcome all!

Back to Top View Mackfam's Profile Search for other posts by Mackfam Visit Mackfam's Homepage

elynnmom
Forum Rookie
Forum Rookie

Posted: Feb 07 2012 at 7:14am | IP Logged  

Hello!
   I joined this forum back in the summer when I was looking for curriculum advice and then didn't return until a week ago. And in the past week, I have spent hours upon hours reading old threads. You ladies are fabulous! I so appreciate all the thoughtful wisdom that has been shared over the years. So, thank you to everyone and I look forward to participating more.
    A little about me and my family - we have 4 children 12 dd, 8 ds, 5 ds, 3 ds. We are SO enjoying our first year of homeschooling in a while (we homeschooled when eldest was in 1st and 2nd grade). We are using CHC for ease with the older two this year. I enjoy knitting, creating things, good food, and hearing my kids laugh .
   Looking forward to more conversations!
Back to Top View elynnmom's Profile Search for other posts by elynnmom

guitarnan
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: Feb 07 2012 at 7:35am | IP Logged  

Hi, Monique and elynnmom! Welcome!

Amber-v
Forum Rookie
Forum Rookie

Posted: Feb 07 2012 at 2:42pm | IP Logged  

I saw this thread and thought I should introduce myself too. I have read the archives here off and on for years, but I only got a login in a week or so ago.   

My name is Amber, and I have 4 children, ages 10, 6, 3 and 4 mo. My family and I live on 10 acres in the foothills of the Sierra Nevada in California. We have been homeschooling from the get-go, first following more of a neo-classical Well Trained Mind path and over the last two to three years moving more and more in line with Chalotte Mason's teachings. I blog very sporadically at http.://flareoflight.blogspot.com, where I try to share a few things from my home that might be useful for other families.

Take care and God Bless,
Amber

Back to Top View Amber-v's Profile Search for other posts by Amber-v Visit Amber-v's Homepage

Nique
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Feb 07 2012 at 3:36pm | IP Logged  

Amber-v, elynnmom and Monique,

Three cheers for the three of you!!!

Thank you for joining 4Real!

We here, are truly blessed.

Page of 6 Next >>
  [Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic