Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Tea and Conversation
 4Real Forums : Tea and Conversation
Subject Topic: Poll: What is your favorite color? Post ReplyPost New Topic
Poll Question: What is your favorite color?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
7 [14.29%]
16 [32.65%]
2 [4.08%]
6 [12.24%]
11 [22.45%]
1 [2.04%]
6 [12.24%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
Angie Mc
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Online Status: Offline
Posted: June 28 2010 at 5:22pm | IP Logged Quote Angie Mc

Here is an easy and fun poll for this week!

Please vote (just one time for this poll) and if you have time, tell us stories connected to your favorite color. Why is it your favorite color? When did it become your favorite color? How do you use your favorite color? Thanks!

Love,

Back to Top View Angie Mc's Profile Search for other posts by Angie Mc Visit Angie Mc's Homepage

Michaela
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: June 28 2010 at 5:28pm | IP Logged Quote Michaela

My favorite colors are fall colors, but cranberry is my favorite.

I have a cranberry wreath in my dining room that stays up all year and a gorgeous cranberry area rug with gold accents. Cranberry just feels so warm and welcoming to me.

You'd think it was brown though because I'm always wearing something brown.

lapazfarm
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: June 28 2010 at 5:30pm | IP Logged Quote lapazfarm

Green has been my favorite color for as long as I can remember. Probably has something to do with my love of nature, I imagine.

Back to Top View lapazfarm's Profile Search for other posts by lapazfarm Visit lapazfarm's Homepage

Belle
Forum Rookie
Forum Rookie

Posted: June 28 2010 at 5:31pm | IP Logged Quote Belle

I love red. All shades. It's warm and inviting and is actually a neutral, like black and white.

My kitchen is full of red appliances and utensils.
As a kid the most common colour to see me in was red. (Or orange or yellow) Being olive skinned, I can pull most shades of red off quite well.

I love browns and greens as well, and reds used well can really set those colours off. I actually like all colours, but reds will always be my favourite.
(I have a real thing for red and white gingham... )
Back to Top View Belle's Profile Search for other posts by Belle

JodieLyn
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: June 28 2010 at 5:37pm | IP Logged Quote JodieLyn

My favorite color has always been blue.. but that doesn't mean it's the color I always use. I like yellow in my kitchen (with blue accents ) and I like reds in the living room and blue in the dining room. I use sage and pine green in the bathroom.. greens and blues in my bedroom.

Why is it my favorite? I don't know it's always been my favorite. I think we can just be drawn to a color naturally. I have one girl who LOVES yellow and has since she's been able to show us that she has any preference. Of course her personality is just "sunny" too.. often call her my sunshine girl.

Now blue is an interesting color. When you look at those things that tell how a color can make you feel.. either blue or purple make most people feel slightly depressed or calm and serene.. and some will find blue calm and purple depressing (me!!) and others find purple calming and blue depressing (my sister).

And I've always loved being in or near water.. I've wondered if that might not be why I'm also drawn to blue.

All men who have turned out worth anything have had the chief hand in their own education.
-Sir Walter Scott
Back to Top View JodieLyn's Profile Search for other posts by JodieLyn

Angi
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: June 28 2010 at 6:04pm | IP Logged Quote Angi

Pink - I love love love pink LOL
Especially pink with brown
Back to Top View Angi's Profile Search for other posts by Angi

DominaCaeli
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: June 28 2010 at 6:44pm | IP Logged Quote DominaCaeli

Blue was my favorite color from the time I was young until a couple years ago, when I suddenly realized that I had started preferring greens. I found it really funny that my color tastes would change for no apparent reason.

Mommy to six: three boys (8, 4, newborn) and four girls (7, 5, 2, and 1)
Back to Top View DominaCaeli's Profile Search for other posts by DominaCaeli

amyable
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: June 28 2010 at 8:20pm | IP Logged Quote amyable

Midnight blue (like the crayon )for as long as I can remember. No idea why!

Back to Top View amyable's Profile Search for other posts by amyable

Chris V
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: June 28 2010 at 11:07pm | IP Logged Quote Chris V

I love green - sage green especially. It is harmoniously muted, quietly soft, with a hint of elegance, and timeless beauty.

I actually had sage in my wedding bouquet; I told my florist "I want my bouquet to look as though I've just returned from a moutain hike during the peak of wildflower season and returned home to put them all in a vase." So lovely! But terribly funny. Sage doesn't naturally grow in any mountainous area , but I forgave my own faux pax, because I got married in Eastern Washington, where sage actually does grow, naturally.

Back to Top View Chris V's Profile Search for other posts by Chris V

Servant2theKing
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: June 28 2010 at 11:25pm | IP Logged Quote Servant2theKing

As a child, my favorite color was magenta; it was the only Crayola crayon I always used up in my box of 64 colors!

As an adult I've drifted toward deeper colors like burgundy, navy, deep gold, and sage green.

Angi, pink with brown, and brown with turquoise or robin's egg blue always remind me of a favorite aunt who wore those as her signature colors for years.

Fun poll!

guitarnan
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: June 28 2010 at 11:34pm | IP Logged Quote guitarnan

To me the color thing is all about usage. I love to wear red and bright pink. I would not paint my walls these colors...I prefer sage-y green for that. My favorite Crayola colors had mysterious names..violet red...turquoise... but my walls are too small to carry off those colors.

Most of my favorite colors are easily seen if you watch a sunset over the Pacific Ocean from northern San Diego County...

MaryM
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Posted: June 28 2010 at 11:52pm | IP Logged Quote MaryM

I didn't know how to vote - favorite colors tend to be teal or turquoise type colors which are blue-greens. Oh dear, but sage green is a favorite, too. (Melancholic here - can't make decisions ) So I went with blue for an actual choice .

Chris V wrote:
I actually had sage in my wedding bouquet; I told my florist "I want my bouquet to look as though I've just returned from a moutain hike during the peak of wildflower season and returned home to put them all in a vase." So lovely! But terribly funny. Sage doesn't naturally grow in any mountainous area , but I forgave my own faux pax, because I got married in Eastern Washington, where sage actually does grow, naturally.

Sage or sagebrush, Chris? I'm very partial to sagebruch. I love the smell and the silvery green color. It reminds me of my dad. He was a rangeland conservationist and it was a favorite of his. When he died last month, we had a bouquet with sagebrush and I put a sprig in his hand before they closed the casket.

Our Domestic Church
Back to Top View MaryM's Profile Search for other posts by MaryM Visit MaryM's Homepage

stacykay
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: June 29 2010 at 8:26am | IP Logged Quote stacykay

Silly here....
When I was little, I loved red. Then, about age 4, I found out my mum's favorite color was yellow. So, of course, I had to change my favorite to yellow, too.
But, since about age 9 or 10, I would have to say blue. I love blue. All my clothes are blue. I am planning a summer painting spree in my bedroom (encourage by others here!) and will be painting it blue. But, my favorite flowers are still yellow roses (because that was my mum's favorite!)

God Bless,
Stacy in MI
Back to Top View stacykay's Profile Search for other posts by stacykay

Mackfam
Board Moderator
Board Moderator
Non Nobis

Posted: June 29 2010 at 8:41am | IP Logged Quote Mackfam

I picked blue, but I found it hard to pick just one!!! I love SO many colors!!! However, I suppose if there's one color I gravitate towards most, it's blue.

One of the first memories I have associated with a conscience thought that blue was a favorite color was getting ready for my school picture for 1st grade. I remember my mom choosing this blue turtleneck sweater for me to wear and helping me get dressed and brushing my hair...and saying how much she liked blue on me with my blue eyes and giving me a big smile and hug.   

I love ALL shades of blue - soft blues, deep sapphire blues, cobalt blue, turquoise blue. I'm wearing a blue-green skirt right now. And, my 2 yo is wearing a blue dress with red cherries on it. I like complementary colors as well - so my kitchen is a deep cranberry red with a focal point of my cranberry cabinet with my collection of vintage white ironstone dishes and favorite deep blue accent dishes. Our learning room is painted a soft blue that is very cheery to me. My bedroom has blue toile curtains. So, blue it is.

Back to Top View Mackfam's Profile Search for other posts by Mackfam Visit Mackfam's Homepage

CrunchyMom
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: June 29 2010 at 8:56am | IP Logged Quote CrunchyMom

My favorite color is red, with blue a close second. I actually have a lot more blue in my home and wardrobe, but red is my favorite for accent colors, so all the other colors in my home and many in my wardrobe will "go with" red.

I read in a design book once where one designer said every sitting room needs a red chair for shy people so sit in and feel more confident! I still don't own a red chair, but its a goal.

[URL=http://mysymphonygarden.blogspot.com/]Lost in the Cosmos[/UR
Back to Top View CrunchyMom's Profile Search for other posts by CrunchyMom

Chris V
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: June 29 2010 at 8:58am | IP Logged Quote Chris V

MaryM wrote:

Sage or sagebrush, Chris? I'm very partial to sagebruch. I love the smell and the silvery green color. It reminds me of my dad. He was a rangeland conservationist and it was a favorite of his. When he died last month, we had a bouquet with sagebrush and I put a sprig in his hand before they closed the casket.

Sagebrush! Yes, a favorite of mine too. Though it's neighbor is a tumbleweed, and it's natural habitat is dry and perhaps dull, the sagebrush is beautiful, fragrant, and I love to bring it home and put it in a vase.

(I'm so sorry about your Dad, Mary. May he rest in peace )

Back to Top View Chris V's Profile Search for other posts by Chris V

JaysFamily
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: June 29 2010 at 9:13am | IP Logged Quote JaysFamily

My all-time favorite is green. I always come back to it in the end. It's so soothing and natural. Fuscia is a close 2nd, probably because it goes so well with green! I also go back and forth between blue and orange. My kitchen is orange!

Jaysfamily
wife to Jay
mother to DS(5)
Back to Top View JaysFamily's Profile Search for other posts by JaysFamily

JenPre
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: June 29 2010 at 9:28am | IP Logged Quote JenPre

What a fun poll! My favorite color is blue. It's been blue for as long as I can remember. I love any shade of it too. I'm not really sure why but it's just the one I tend to gravitate towards.

I remember when I was little my mom told me that my grandmother's (who died when I was very young) favorite color used to be blue as well. Ever since then I've had even more of an attachment to it!

4 lads mom
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: June 29 2010 at 9:40am | IP Logged Quote 4 lads mom

I am partial to blue.....but I love pink, especially after I got that little girl a few years ago! I love that newer shade of blue that I see all of the time, I call it baby blue meets steely blue...sort of a light gray blue....I LOVE it!!! Ever since I started knitting nine years ago, and then sewing two years ago, I have been much more attuned to color and how it really affects me....I love so many combinations. One of my other favorites is a blue calico....it is so simple, but it evokes a lot of peaceful feelings when I see it...and sew with it...
Blue Calico

Isn’t it funny how color can mean so much to us?? I wonder if a similar poll with guys would yield different results?

JennGM
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: June 29 2010 at 10:01am | IP Logged Quote JennGM

I picked blue, but purple and red come close to favorites. My actual favorite color is periwinkle or a hydrangea blue.

Back to Top View JennGM's Profile Search for other posts by JennGM Visit JennGM's Homepage

Page of 2 Next >>
  [Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version