Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Mothering and Family Life
 4Real Forums : Mothering and Family Life
Subject Topic: Nursing Pads Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
SuzanneG
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Online Status: Offline
Posted: Oct 08 2010 at 3:37pm | IP Logged Quote SuzanneG

Resurrecting one of my favorite threads of all times .

Oh how much the "Nursing Pad Market" has evolved in the past 2 years--------->

Check out this Etsy Store: My Organic Breast Pads, selling Hip Hooters.       

Aren't they adorable?    (I just never thought I'd be able to say that about Nursing Pads! )

Back to Top View SuzanneG's Profile Search for other posts by SuzanneG

Grace&Chaos
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Oct 08 2010 at 3:50pm | IP Logged Quote Grace&Chaos

Being new to this forum can I just say I'm so glad this got bumped. I have nursed all six babies and never knew there were breast pads beyond the disposable ones you see at Target . After using every brand I have stuck with the Lansolin, but am tempted to try the wool pads mentioned. I'll be nursing for at least another year and I really overproduce (leak) throughout the day/night. Amazing, what I learn about everyday .

Grace in Loving Chaos
Back to Top View Grace&Chaos's Profile Search for other posts by Grace&Chaos Visit Grace&Chaos's Homepage

Erin
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: Oct 08 2010 at 4:30pm | IP Logged Quote Erin

Suzanne

This wasn't kind, I was reading through the beginning of the thread and Jen was chatting about matters and then mentioned, "Hope they get here before the baby" and I thought What!!! and then dopey me twigged to check the dates

Back to Top View Erin's Profile Search for other posts by Erin Visit Erin's Homepage

Mackfam
Board Moderator
Board Moderator
Non Nobis

Posted: Oct 09 2010 at 10:37am | IP Logged Quote Mackfam

Erin wrote:
Suzanne

This wasn't kind, I was reading through the beginning of the thread and Jen was chatting about matters and then mentioned, "Hope they get here before the baby" and I thought What!!! and then dopey me twigged to check the dates

And...this is one of my favorite threads to!!!! How crazy is that?? What does that say about us, Suzanne? DON'T ANSWER THAT!!!!!

Back to Top View Mackfam's Profile Search for other posts by Mackfam Visit Mackfam's Homepage

Angel
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Oct 09 2010 at 2:47pm | IP Logged Quote Angel

Erin wrote:
Suzanne

I had to check the dates, too.

Back to Top View Angel's Profile Search for other posts by Angel Visit Angel's Homepage

Pilgrim
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Oct 09 2010 at 3:22pm | IP Logged Quote Pilgrim

Erin wrote:
Suzanne

I finally got it wwhen I checked the dates too! I thought Jen was pregnant and we didn't know it!

St. Clare Heirloom Seeds coupon 4Real 20% off

St. Clare Audio
Back to Top View Pilgrim's Profile Search for other posts by Pilgrim Visit Pilgrim's Homepage

Pilgrim
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Dec 02 2010 at 3:54pm | IP Logged Quote Pilgrim

Thank you for this thread. I am *very* excited about these. I found some cheaper here with only $2 shipping! I'm putting any money that comes my way for Christmas into ordering these! I am so tired of plugged milk ducts(which I've seen a number of people say these have helped them with ) and sore nipples, etc., I'm so excited to be getting these!

I had a great idea that saved me even more $$$. I was looking into lanolizing them, and was going to buy some lanolin online. Then I realized I had a brand new 2 oz. tube of Lansinoh 100% lanolin I had found at the thrift shop still sealed and everything for $0.97 last time around, and because of the free samples they give at the hospital of this stuff I never even opened it! I'm figuring it should last quite a while if not this whole nursing time, because from what I found when googling about lanolizing wool nursing pads it said all you need is a pea-sized amount each time. Just wash with mild shampoo, and then every few times lanolize the pads. So, for anyone looking for cheaper lanolin for their wool nursing pads, Lansinoh is a good option, even if you have to buy it full price at the store, I've found it to be chaeper than buying the lanolin online .

For those of you who have these, do you know if baby shampoo is okay to wash them with. If not what do you use that's cheap(hopefully)?

St. Clare Audio
Back to Top View Pilgrim's Profile Search for other posts by Pilgrim Visit Pilgrim's Homepage

Mackfam
Board Moderator
Board Moderator
Non Nobis

Posted: Dec 02 2010 at 4:07pm | IP Logged Quote Mackfam

Pilgrim wrote:
For those of you who have these, do you know if baby shampoo is okay to wash them with. If not what do you use that's cheap(hopefully)?

I used the lansinoh I ordered in the beginning, but found that just plain hot water worked fine. A very mild soap like Palmolive or Mrs. Meyers dish soap would probably be fine if you wanted a soap (dish soaps are quite mild and rinse well)!! You just need to make sure you rinse very well.   I had a small bucket I set aside for washing these - fill it with hot water and soak for a minute. With your hands squeeze and squish to dissolve all the dry milk in the pads. It dissolves right away in the hot water. Swish a few times in the water and then roll up in a dry towel to squeeze excess water out. Voila!

These were life savers for me - LIFE SAVERS!!! I recommend them to all my girl friends!!

I know Suzanne has her little bouquet of wool pads lined up and ready for action!

Back to Top View Mackfam's Profile Search for other posts by Mackfam Visit Mackfam's Homepage

Pilgrim
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Dec 02 2010 at 5:52pm | IP Logged Quote Pilgrim

Thanks Jen! Hot water is cheap. Good to know hot water worked fine!

St. Clare Audio

knowloveserve
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Feb 03 2014 at 5:43pm | IP Logged Quote knowloveserve

Wanted to thank all who contributed on this thread.

Our little Agnes Rose was born last week and I came here trying to remember what the pads were everyone raved about.

Bought two pairs of the small, original ones.

Am. In. Love.

This has to go down as one of my favorite products of all time. They will be on the short list for new mama gift ideas. They are so comforting during these hard first couple weeks of nipples getting toughened up again for a new suckling! What a great, great find.

So THANK YOU!!!          

MaryM
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Posted: Feb 03 2014 at 8:42pm | IP Logged Quote MaryM

knowloveserve wrote:

Our little Agnes Rose was born last week and I came here trying to remember what the pads were everyone raved about.

Woohoo - congrats, Ellie. So happy for you - new baby, nursing pad love, and all!

Our Domestic Church
Back to Top View MaryM's Profile Search for other posts by MaryM Visit MaryM's Homepage

Servant2theKing
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Feb 05 2014 at 6:30am | IP Logged Quote Servant2theKing

Welcome to the world little Agnes Rose ~ such a pretty name! Congratulations Mama and family! Blessings on your babymoon!   

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

<< Prev Page of 2
  [Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version