Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Tea and Conversation
 4Real Forums : Tea and Conversation
Subject Topic: Steam Cleaners? Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
MicheleQ
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Online Status: Offline
Posted: Dec 02 2006 at 9:55pm | IP Logged Quote MicheleQ

I spent a better part of the day today cleaning. My bathrooms are spotless (don't eworry I didn't use dangerous chemicals) just a load of elbow grease. Anyway, in the shower tonight I was thinking I'd like to get a steam cleaner like this one but want to hear from those of you who have one. Do you like it? Does it work well? Are they worth the money? Are they really as versatile as they seem?

All comments welcome!

Back to Top View MicheleQ's Profile Search for other posts by MicheleQ Visit MicheleQ's Homepage

MicheleQ
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Dec 03 2006 at 7:59pm | IP Logged Quote MicheleQ

Nobody has one or has anything to say???

Back to Top View MicheleQ's Profile Search for other posts by MicheleQ Visit MicheleQ's Homepage

JennGM
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: Dec 03 2006 at 8:11pm | IP Logged Quote JennGM

I always have something to say, but I wanted to make it meaningful. One of my sisters had one, and she raved about it at the time, but I don't know if she still uses it. I was hoping to see her tonight so I could post something a little more cohesive and decisive.

Back to Top View JennGM's Profile Search for other posts by JennGM Visit JennGM's Homepage

MicheleQ
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Dec 03 2006 at 8:13pm | IP Logged Quote MicheleQ

JennGM wrote:
I always have something to say, but I wanted to make it meaningful.
Hey, I resemble that remark!

Quote:
One of my sisters had one, and she raved about it at the time, but I don't know if she still uses it. I was hoping to see her tonight so I could post something a little more cohesive and decisive.

Thanks Jenn I look forward to it!

kristina
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Dec 03 2006 at 8:15pm | IP Logged Quote kristina

Michelle,

I don't have one of these, but I am impressed with your nesting!! Scouring your bathrooms while on the verge of childbirth is quite an accomplishment. Cleaning isn't easy with a 9month pregnant belly! I applaud you.   

Blessings,

yesterthoughts
Back to Top View kristina's Profile Search for other posts by kristina

LisaD
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Dec 03 2006 at 9:03pm | IP Logged Quote LisaD

I have had a steam cleaner on my wish list for ages. I would love one. We have lots of old yucky ceramic tile in our kitchen and bathrooms, and it is so hard to get the grout clean.

jdostalik
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Dec 04 2006 at 7:11am | IP Logged Quote jdostalik

I'd be interested in hearing comments on a steam cleaner as well--are we talking one for carpets or hardwoods or both? I am in desperate need to call my carpet cleaner guy out but part of me just wants to be able to do it myself WHENEVER I want to...

Let the Little Ones Come

Back to Top View jdostalik's Profile Search for other posts by jdostalik Visit jdostalik's Homepage

mary
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Dec 04 2006 at 7:37am | IP Logged Quote mary

i have a hoover steam cleaner i inherited from my sil. i don't know how it compares to other brands, but it does a great job of cleaning my carpets. i've had them professionally cleaned, and they are no cleaner than after i steam clean them. i like that i can clean my carpets any time (especially after the 3yr old has just gotten over a stomach virus.) i generally clean the carpets every 3 months are so and our carpets are 14 yrs old. they are ready to be replaced, but with a new baby, i''m hoping to ride out the toddler stage before we get new carpet.

looking forward to hearing what steam cleaner you decide to get. . .
Back to Top View mary's Profile Search for other posts by mary

MicheleQ
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Dec 04 2006 at 11:14am | IP Logged Quote MicheleQ

I have had steam carpets cleaners but that's not what I am talking about. This is a different thing (although it does do carpets too)the kind I want is like this one. Funny thing is someone just asked about these on another list (totally unrelated to this group) I'm on so I am getting feedback there too.

mary
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Dec 04 2006 at 12:57pm | IP Logged Quote mary

oh, sorry! guess i should have clicked the link. i don't have one of those, but have heard only good things from pple who have had them. are they for deep cleaning? would you get it out weekly and clean the shower? gosh, if it cleaned the tile grout, i would be all over it! what does your other group say, michele?
Back to Top View mary's Profile Search for other posts by mary

MicheleQ
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Dec 04 2006 at 1:03pm | IP Logged Quote MicheleQ

mary wrote:
oh, sorry! guess i should have clicked the link. i don't have one of those, but have heard only good things from pple who have had them. are they for deep cleaning? would you get it out weekly and clean the shower? gosh, if it cleaned the tile grout, i would be all over it! what does your other group say, michele?

They say it cleans tile grout and everything else like magic! The one woman said she had hers in a box for a year before she used it because she just didn't think it was worth it (it was a gift). When she finally got it out and used it she loved it and now highly recommends them!

At this point I have only heard good things - I'm pretty convinced.

MicheleQ
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Dec 20 2006 at 4:23pm | IP Logged Quote MicheleQ

Dh decided it would be our Christmas present. It arrived today and I tried it out. All I can say is OH WOW! I cannot believe how this thing cleans!! Give me 3 months (starting in January) and my house is going to be super clean! Believe me that is no small feat as my house is OLD and there some pretty ground in dirt. I tried it out on a few carpet spots and oh my goodness did they ever come clean. It restores the original color and raises the pile!
Never mind that it also sanitizes everything. I'm totally sold ladies!

Victoria in AZ
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Dec 20 2006 at 4:49pm | IP Logged Quote Victoria in AZ

I am completely sold on my new steam cleaner too. Just used it last week for the first time and I am in love. IN LOVE!!

The version you linked looks real sturdy and heavy duty.

I purchased at Target and it was $99. My sister managed to find it for $79 on line (also at Target).

My new love is the Shark Ultra Steam Blaster Steam Pocket machine.

http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html/sr=1-1/qid=1166654790/r ef=sr_1_1/602-7283086-3915830?ie=UTF8&asin=B000BQSJVK

When I saw all the attachments, I was dubious it could do a good job. But it does. THE only way to clean a toilet!

Michele, I am speechless, newborn baby, mother of 10, 5 days from Christmas, a beautiful new photo with said newborn and you're CLEANING. What's the secret? You are blessed, my dear

Back to Top View Victoria in AZ's Profile Search for other posts by Victoria in AZ

JennGM
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: Dec 20 2006 at 6:50pm | IP Logged Quote JennGM

I'm glad you like it, Michele. I apologize for not posting before about my sister's experience. I finally did ask her. She loved hers, but she said it didn't work fast, so it wasn't ideal for daily cleaning, but it did work wonderfully when she cleaned her hard water stains(Lincoln, NE has very hard water) and other places. She struggled with a few broken parts.

You are inspiring me, because as I read Martha Stewarts new Homekeeping book, she really stresses just using a little dishwashing liquid and water to clean...use the least amount of cleaner possible. Steaming would be so much better for things. And the carpet comments...wow! I need that.

Back to Top View JennGM's Profile Search for other posts by JennGM Visit JennGM's Homepage

Ruth
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Dec 20 2006 at 7:09pm | IP Logged Quote Ruth

Hi Michele,

I have a steam cleaner, but I haven't used on my shower yet. My husband uses it EVERY weekend on our hardwood and ceramic tile floors. He absolutely loves it. I highly recommend one. Enjoy i!!!

mom to 7 miracles

My family blog

Loreto Rosaries
Back to Top View Ruth's Profile Search for other posts by Ruth Visit Ruth's Homepage

JennGM
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: Jan 29 2007 at 8:45am | IP Logged Quote JennGM

Michele and Victoria, How are the steam cleaners working? Still high praise?

JennGM
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: Jan 29 2007 at 8:49am | IP Logged Quote JennGM

I'm wondering if this one compares to yours, Michele?

momtomany
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Jan 29 2007 at 8:51am | IP Logged Quote momtomany

I was wondering that too.
I bought the little Shark one at Target and love it! I can't believe the things that it can clean.
And now I'm looking at the one that Michelle got. So I was wondering if you had any negative thoughts on it.
Actually it's pretty amazing how many things I've bought from recommendations here, from books to household items. And all have been great!
Except for the checkbook!

MicheleQ
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Jan 29 2007 at 9:32am | IP Logged Quote MicheleQ

JennGM wrote:

Yes! I haven't used it as much as I plan to yet . . . having had a baby recently my arms are often full. But I've used it enough to know I still think it's great. My 17yr. old son used it to take wallpaper off last week - worked great for that too.

JennGM wrote:
I'm wondering if this one compares to yours, Michele?

I don't know. It doesn't seem to have as many attachments and I doesn't say if it's dry vapor but I am sure it would work well too.

momtomany wrote:
I was wondering that too.
I bought the little Shark one at Target and love it! I can't believe the things that it can clean.
And now I'm looking at the one that Michelle got. So I was wondering if you had any negative thoughts on it.
Actually it's pretty amazing how many things I've bought from recommendations here, from books to household items. And all have been great!
Except for the checkbook!

No negatives so far. I do know what you mean about buying things on recommendations here. Oh do I ever!

Victoria in AZ
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Jan 29 2007 at 4:44pm | IP Logged Quote Victoria in AZ

JennGM wrote:

Yes, I still love, love, love it. Last week when I got out my floor steamer, I was thinking, "Yeah, I get to use my steamer again!" Dh is impressed with results every time.

Back to Top View Victoria in AZ's Profile Search for other posts by Victoria in AZ

Page of 2 Next >>
  [Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version