Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Tea and Conversation
 4Real Forums : Tea and Conversation
Subject Topic: Hearty Congratulations to Alice Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
alicegunther
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Online Status: Offline
Posted: Dec 16 2005 at 9:37pm | IP Logged Quote alicegunther

WOW, gang--many thanks!!! I'll be printing this thread out for the new little one's baby book!

I've been having problems with the internet (again) lately, and my system has been bouncing emails--can you imagine my surprise to find all these lovely posts tonight?!

Perhaps it is my gift for the Feast of St. Alice. Believe it or not, December 16th is St. Alice's Feast. She is a very little known saint, but this is certainly a good way to celebrate.

Cottage Blessings
Brew yourself a cup of tea, and come for a visit!
Back to Top View alicegunther's Profile Search for other posts by alicegunther Visit alicegunther's Homepage

juliecinci
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Dec 17 2005 at 8:05am | IP Logged Quote juliecinci

Congratulations Alice!

I'm late on the uptake but my congratulations are no less sincere. You are such a wonderful mother. Number seven is blessed indeed to join your delightful family. (Destined to be a writer, too, I reckon.)

Julie

JennGM
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: Dec 17 2005 at 8:24am | IP Logged Quote JennGM

I'm late, too! Congratulations to you, Alice! I'm sure the Flylady organization has paid a hundredfold for the first tremester woes!

Isn't there an Irish tradition that if the 7th child is a boy he's destined to be a priest?

Back to Top View JennGM's Profile Search for other posts by JennGM Visit JennGM's Homepage

Anne Marie M
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: Dec 17 2005 at 10:16am | IP Logged Quote Anne Marie M

Alice,

Congratulations! What wonderful news. And a belated Happy Feast Day!

You'll be in our prayers -

Anne Marie
Back to Top View Anne Marie M's Profile Search for other posts by Anne Marie M

Elizabeth
Founder
Founder

Real Learning

Posted: Dec 17 2005 at 11:02am | IP Logged Quote Elizabeth

jenngm67 wrote:

Isn't there an Irish tradition that if the 7th child is a boy he's destined to be a priest?

Well, if Alice's seventh is a boy it will be a miracle for sure . But my boys, after fighting over who gets to keep the Christmas picture of the Gunther girls--I mean Gunther children--have resolved to pray for a boy on Neil's behalf . Though it seems unlikely, something similar has happened before: I had five boys and only one girl and number seven brought that lonely little girl a best friend!

Elizabeth Foss is no longer a member of this forum. Discussions now reflect the current management & are not necessarily expressions of her book, *Real Learning*, her current work, or her philosophy. (posted by E. Foss, Jan 2011)
Back to Top View Elizabeth's Profile Search for other posts by Elizabeth

JennGM
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: Dec 17 2005 at 1:23pm | IP Logged Quote JennGM

Elizabeth wrote:
jenngm67 wrote:

Well, if Alice's seventh is a boy it will be a miracle for sure . But my boys, after fighting over who gets to keep the Christmas picture of the Gunther girls--I mean Gunther children--have resolved to pray for a boy on Neil's behalf . Though it seems unlikely, something similar has happened before: I had five boys and only one girl and number seven brought that lonely little girl a best friend!

I from family of 5 girls and 2 boys...and one sister of mine is carrying the tradition...she just had her 5th girl.

Perhaps you get this all the time Alice, but my sister (with the 5 girls) told me this story of a friend of her who has all boys came over to visit. When she walked in, she said "Oh, you can just feel the estrogen flowing. I need to soak it in!" I'm the husband doesn't appreciate it, but it does happen that the femininity seems to dominate in that house.

Back to Top View JennGM's Profile Search for other posts by JennGM Visit JennGM's Homepage

Elizabeth
Founder
Founder

Real Learning

Posted: Dec 17 2005 at 2:29pm | IP Logged Quote Elizabeth

I have a friend who has four girls. Her household is truly lovely. Everytime we walk inside her house, my elder daughter just seems to bask in the atmosphere. OTOH, my friend's husband gravitates towards Michael immediately and talks sports with him for hours. Still, this dad loves his girls dearly and I like nothing better than to watch him watching them dance (they're accomplished ballerinas). His face shines with the joy of a father basking in the glow of his daughters. There's nothing else like it.

Elizabeth Foss is no longer a member of this forum. Discussions now reflect the current management & are not necessarily expressions of her book, *Real Learning*, her current work, or her philosophy. (posted by E. Foss, Jan 2011)
Back to Top View Elizabeth's Profile Search for other posts by Elizabeth

mary
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Dec 18 2005 at 5:52am | IP Logged Quote mary

Congratulations Alice! I hope you are feeling well - i have discovered a prenatal that gets rid of morning sickness (duet/dha) if you are plagued as i am. i grew up in a family of 7 girls. we always said if there had been a boy he would have been spoiled rotten.   
Back to Top View mary's Profile Search for other posts by mary

JennGM
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: Dec 18 2005 at 2:05pm | IP Logged Quote JennGM

mary wrote:
i have discovered a prenatal that gets rid of morning sickness (duet/dha) if you are plagued as i am.   

Mary, Please share! Prenatals or any vitamins were just so smelly and gave me awful acid reflux...besides the nausea...

mary
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Dec 18 2005 at 2:17pm | IP Logged Quote mary

i listed the name of them earlier (duet/dha), but here is a blurb about them. they are small, contain omega 3 fatty acids, contain a stool softener, and ferrochell iron, which apparently reduces nausea. all i know is that if i take the pill, no nausea. if i miss it, i am throwing up. they are like magic.
Back to Top View mary's Profile Search for other posts by mary

Leonie
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Dec 19 2005 at 6:19pm | IP Logged Quote Leonie

Congratulations Alice!

alicegunther
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Dec 20 2005 at 7:03am | IP Logged Quote alicegunther

Once again, many thanks to everyone. You are all so great! I am truly overwhelmed by all your kind words and well wishes.

mary wrote:
Congratulations Alice! I hope you are feeling well - i have discovered a prenatal that gets rid of morning sickness (duet/dha) if you are plagued as i am. i grew up in a family of 7 girls. we always said if there had been a boy he would have been spoiled rotten.   

Mary, thank you for the advice. Truthfully, I get almost no morning sickness, but I am very sensitive to prenatal vitamins. One dose can knock me out for most of the day. It is good to know there are some good ones out there. I'll see about getting a prescription.

Cottage Blessings
Brew yourself a cup of tea, and come for a visit!
Back to Top View alicegunther's Profile Search for other posts by alicegunther Visit alicegunther's Homepage

Natalia
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Dec 20 2005 at 7:30am | IP Logged Quote Natalia

Dear Alice,
I just saw this thread and had to read it twice. Somehow when I read the original post I thought you had just had the baby! And then the talk about morning sickness made me look again...
Anyhow, my most heartfelt congratulations for you,

Natalia
Back to Top View Natalia's Profile Search for other posts by Natalia

Sarah
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Dec 20 2005 at 10:48am | IP Logged Quote Sarah

Elizabeth wrote:
I had five boys and only one girl and number seven brought that lonely little girl a best friend!

This melts my heart. I have four boys and one lonely little girl. . .who as I write this is being held hostage by a cap gun as she cries to me for help. I just had my 4th boy this summer. When we asked dd 2 what she wanted for Christmas she stated she wanted a pink cowboy hat, pink gun, and a pink airplane. Is she confused or what?

Back to Top View Sarah's Profile Search for other posts by Sarah

cathhomeschool
Board Moderator
Board Moderator
Texas Bluebonnets

Posted: Dec 28 2005 at 3:21pm | IP Logged Quote cathhomeschool

Congratulations, Alice! How wonderful that you don't generally get sick. I pray that this pregnancy treats you as well.   

jdostalik
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Dec 30 2005 at 1:06pm | IP Logged Quote jdostalik

Better late than never, Alice! Prayers for continued good health and congratulations on your newest blessing!

Let the Little Ones Come

Back to Top View jdostalik's Profile Search for other posts by jdostalik Visit jdostalik's Homepage

TracyQ
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Dec 30 2005 at 1:38pm | IP Logged Quote TracyQ

Congratulations and many blessings to you and that little one growing inside of you, Alice!!! PRAISE GOD for this news!!!!!

homeschooling in 15th year in Buffalo, NY
Back to Top View TracyQ's Profile Search for other posts by TracyQ

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

<< Prev Page of 2
  [Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version