Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Living Learning
 4Real Forums : Living Learning
Subject Topic: Beyond Five in A Row Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
time4tea
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Online Status: Offline
Posted: Aug 23 2006 at 10:50am | IP Logged Quote time4tea

Has anyone used this? What was your impression of it? I am thinking of using this with a 13 year old and an 11 year old as enrichment for their basic coursework - do those of you who have used this curriuclum think it would work for this age range? Any other tips or insight would be much appreciated! I am feeling like this is my last year to do something fun and FIAR-ish with both of my older dc at the same time (oldest will begin high school Fall,'07), so I am hoping this will fit our needs.

~Tea
Back to Top View time4tea's Profile Search for other posts by time4tea

Lisa R
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Aug 23 2006 at 6:12pm | IP Logged Quote Lisa R

I'm using this with my 10 and 12 yo boys (4th and 6th grades) and we love it. We go on many rabbit trails on whatever interests us or wherever the book leads us.

I plan on using this as our main curriculum for the next 2 years adding in whatever I think we need to. Like research, reports, etc. I plan on tackling History Chronologically in High School and doing more formal Science subjects. Until then, we all like this way of learning much better.

I've used FIAR for all my years of homeschooling except last year and my boys asked to come back. We really missed the relaxed learning this gave us. They were so bored last year.

The only other things I do are Math and LA materials.

HTH!

Sarah in SC
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: Aug 24 2006 at 10:12am | IP Logged Quote Sarah in SC

We're about to begin! I've had it on my shelf for years, waiting for it...and this is the year! My guy loves stuff like this, and we've done B4, FIAR...so it's a natural progression for us.

Leonie
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Aug 24 2006 at 5:17pm | IP Logged Quote Leonie

We have used it - in our typical hit and miss fashion.

We read the Homer Price book and followed up with some of the activities from the BYFIAR guide - and this inspired us to go read the other Homer Pprice books.

We read Sarah Plain and Tall and loved some of the BYFIAR suggestions - and again took about three months on this as read the other books in the series.

We really enjoyed these books !

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

[Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version