Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Tea and Conversation
 4Real Forums : Tea and Conversation
Subject Topic: Do you belong to other Message Boards? Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
Theresa
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Online Status: Offline
Posted: Feb 09 2007 at 6:00pm | IP Logged Quote Theresa

I belong to one called the Homeschoolers Curriculum Swap but that's it.

lapazfarm
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Feb 09 2007 at 6:09pm | IP Logged Quote lapazfarm

No. I don't have the time or energy for more, and honestly, this board offers everything I could want in a message board.

Back to Top View lapazfarm's Profile Search for other posts by lapazfarm Visit lapazfarm's Homepage

Paula in MN
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Feb 09 2007 at 7:48pm | IP Logged Quote Paula in MN

lapazfarm wrote:
No. I don't have the time or energy for more, and honestly, this board offers everything I could want in a message board.

We're on the same page, Theresa!

I do belong to the MA yahoo group, but that is more emails to everyone on the list.

juststartn
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Feb 09 2007 at 8:05pm | IP Logged Quote juststartn

Yes. I belong to one for PCOS, but mainly am there in the Faith and Healing forum, in the Catholic Cysters threads.

And I am also a very big poster over on Defenders of the Catholic Faith ( .catholic-convert.com )...it's set up by Steve Ray. Very well moderated and admin'd. And there are alot of different forums running--two just for ladies, some for families, some on liturgy...there are a number of priests and seminarians who post there, as well as at least one deacon that I know of. They don't tolerate a lot of nonsense...or heresy (while they do certainly encourage people asking questions, the mods demand respect for Catholic beliefs, iykwim--not Church-bashing allowed).

Rachel

Sophia 4/19/04
John 5/7/07
David 5/7/07
Ava Maria, in the arms of Jesus, 9/5/08
Back to Top View juststartn's Profile Search for other posts by juststartn

humanaevitae
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: Feb 09 2007 at 9:59pm | IP Logged Quote humanaevitae

I am on a Yahoo group concerning ds 2yo's eye condition. Also a huge board of other moms who talk about everything- it is my dose of the real world which I am so happy to not be a part of every day!

Leonie
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Feb 10 2007 at 9:05pm | IP Logged Quote Leonie

I'm on some email lists - I am free to post or read or not, as time allows.

The only other message boards that I visit regularly are two fitness ones....so, this is my only homeschool related board...

momwats8
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Feb 10 2007 at 9:29pm | IP Logged Quote momwats8

I am also on CMOMC - Catholic Mom Commuity - through catholicmom.com I joined there first and they are a wonderful group of catholic women. Another friend of mine recommended this one as it had mutual friends on it and it was geared towards homeschooling moms.

http://www.momwats8.blogspot.com
Back to Top View momwats8's Profile Search for other posts by momwats8 Visit momwats8's Homepage

Essy
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: Feb 11 2007 at 6:40am | IP Logged Quote Essy

I've recently started lurking on the FIAR boards to get some ideas and then they went and updated their boards and I've started posting more and it has been a blast so far.

Back to Top View Essy's Profile Search for other posts by Essy Visit Essy's Homepage

Meredith
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Feb 11 2007 at 11:49am | IP Logged Quote Meredith

What more is there?? Just kidding, only a few, as I have not the time nor the inclination!! Good topic!

Back to Top View Meredith's Profile Search for other posts by Meredith Visit Meredith's Homepage

Taffy
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Feb 11 2007 at 2:47pm | IP Logged Quote Taffy

I'm on a few email lists - generally on a nomail basis and I only post sporadically.

This is the only message board I'm on and t he only one I check in on with any regularity.

Back to Top View Taffy's Profile Search for other posts by Taffy

insegnante
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Feb 11 2007 at 5:44pm | IP Logged Quote insegnante

I have memberships on I don't know how many lists and boards, but not many are regular reads. Some I virtually never look at, some I will go through and read a whole bunch of the archives every so many months or follow for a while when they are of particular interest for some reason. There is one smaller Catholic mothers' board I joined years ago and posted on fairly regularly and check in on and post on now and then, but it's so small and slow it never takes much time and doesn't need to be checked very often. I don't read many of the posts from various mailing lists that do come to my main and gmail addresses, and then there's a whole bunch of no-mail Yahoogroups.

These forums are just the right size (not too slow but not overwhelming) and mix of topic-specific and general interest for me.

Theresa
Back to Top View insegnante's Profile Search for other posts by insegnante

Mary G
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Feb 11 2007 at 6:41pm | IP Logged Quote Mary G

Taffy wrote:
I'm on a few email lists - generally on a nomail basis and I only post sporadically.

This is the only message board I'm on and t he only one I check in on with any regularity.

Taffy -- not to gush, but I'm with you -- this one has it all and so I don't need other boards; altho I do belong to some lists like Catholic Unschoolers, MA, etc.

my website that combines my schooling, hand-knits work, writing and everything else in one spot!
Back to Top View Mary G's Profile Search for other posts by Mary G Visit Mary G's Homepage

Theresa
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Feb 11 2007 at 6:54pm | IP Logged Quote Theresa

Oh yes, I forgot about the Yahoo lapbooking groups. We haven't lapbooked this year yet and I had forgotten about them until today. There is a general one and then 4 other ones that are picture files of different lapbooks. No messages on that one. Only for pictures.

Sarah in SC
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: Feb 11 2007 at 9:11pm | IP Logged Quote Sarah in SC

I've been a member of the FIAR boards for over 7 years now. I have found them to be extremely friendly, welcoming, and a wealth of information. And there's an easiness and a great devotion among the women on that board. There have been many times that the ladies over there have reached out to each other IRL, and during significant times during my homeschooling years they have been of immense support and "Jesus with skin on" for me and my family.

I've been a member of these boards for some time, but don't post as often as I do on the FIAR boards. When I post here, I tend to be a thread killer, it seems.

Theresa
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Feb 11 2007 at 9:19pm | IP Logged Quote Theresa

Sarah, just to prove your not a thread killer I will be the last reply.   

The FIAR boards are very close and they also lost two very prominent members this last year. I knew them through the homeschoolblogger community but I know that the FIAR community there were important to Missey and Lorrie.

I saved this entry at Christy's blog to remind me what is really important. She dedicated her December in honor of Missey and Lorrie.

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

[Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version