Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Hidden Treasure
 4Real Forums : Hidden Treasure
Subject Topic: Marian shrines? apparitions? Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
Helen
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Online Status: Offline
Posted: Feb 11 2007 at 1:36pm | IP Logged Quote Helen

JennGM wrote:
Fine! I'm bringing my own bag of marshmallows!
My kids would tell you,
GOOD IDEA!

Back to Top View Helen's Profile Search for other posts by Helen Visit Helen's Homepage

Helen
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Feb 11 2007 at 1:39pm | IP Logged Quote Helen

MicheleQ wrote:
I suspected the marshmallows might be all gone by now so I brought another bag - along with graham crackers and Hershey bars. S'mores anyone?

My favorite apparitions would be Our Lady of Guadalupe and that of St. Catherine Labouré and the Miraculous Medal. I have never visited either shrine (my oldest son has seen Our Lady of Guadalupe in Mexico) but hope to be able to someday.

I'll definitely have some s'mores!
And the Miraculous Medal apparition has to be my favorite next to Fatima.

Isn't that something that we would both also become part of St. Maximilian's Militia?

St. Catherine is one of my heroines. So strong yet so unassuming and able to keep the secret of Our Lady's appearance to her for 46 years!

Back to Top View Helen's Profile Search for other posts by Helen Visit Helen's Homepage

aussieannie
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Feb 11 2007 at 3:14pm | IP Logged Quote aussieannie

Molly, the Agnus Dei Wax is no longer being distributed (except if you can find a rare source - usually Carmelite Monastery) - it is used for many purposes but my mum use to get it from our local Carmelite sisters for pregnancy and birth. Traditionally for that, a little piece is consumed in pregnancy and the other little piece at the onset of labour. I don't know what I will do if blessing number six were to come along!

Back to Top View aussieannie's Profile Search for other posts by aussieannie Visit aussieannie's Homepage

Zeliemum
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Feb 12 2007 at 7:32am | IP Logged Quote Zeliemum

My favourite image of Our heavenly mother is Our Lady of Perpetual Succour. She has carried me through my faith path for the last 6 years (as I have only been a Catholic for a wee 12 years), as I didn't start my conversion with a great understanding of Our lady. Slowly I have developed a strong desire to know her more, now I have a very loving devotion to her as a trusting Mother.

Our Lady of Fatima - I love this apparition for many reasons because Our Lady was very direct in her words toward the future, which give the world insight into their needed mission. Also because Pope John Paul II demonstrated so much love and devotion to her through out his papacy. Also because of the Pilgrim statue visiting a local Pauline Fathers Monastery where she touched my heart so profoundly that I could only weep in her presence. The next day all through Mass I could smell the scent of roses, which was confusing me as there were no roses in the chapel, I realized that it must be Our lady allowing me to a small consolation of her love.

Our Lady of Lourdes is very beautiful as she is so gentle in caring for the sick, they flock to her at Lourdes with so much hope and love in their hearts.

Our Lady of Guadalupe is another apparition that is so
lovely and special to my family and I because of her special witness to Maternity and pro-life.

Just my thoughts
God bless
c

Mary G
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Feb 12 2007 at 7:57am | IP Logged Quote Mary G

Last May I wrote a blog post about La Salette as I think that is one of the most beautiful images of Mary. The official images of her from that apparition are so very graceful -- altho she's sorrowful her grace and love for all of us is so evident.

my website that combines my schooling, hand-knits work, writing and everything else in one spot!
Back to Top View Mary G's Profile Search for other posts by Mary G Visit Mary G's Homepage

Helen
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Feb 12 2007 at 1:48pm | IP Logged Quote Helen

Chem39 wrote:
My favourite image of Our heavenly mother is Our Lady of Perpetual Succour. She has carried me through my faith path for the last 6 years (as I have only been a Catholic for a wee 12 years), as I didn't start my conversion with a great understanding of Our lady. Slowly I have developed a strong desire to know her more, now I have a very loving devotion to her as a trusting Mother.

Our Lady of Fatima - I love this apparition for many reasons because Our Lady was very direct in her words toward the future, which give the world insight into their needed mission. Also because Pope John Paul II demonstrated so much love and devotion to her through out his papacy. Also because of the Pilgrim statue visiting a local Pauline Fathers Monastery where she touched my heart so profoundly that I could only weep in her presence. The next day all through Mass I could smell the scent of roses, which was confusing me as there were no roses in the chapel, I realized that it must be Our lady allowing me to a small consolation of her love.

Our Lady of Lourdes is very beautiful as she is so gentle in caring for the sick, they flock to her at Lourdes with so much hope and love in their hearts.

Our Lady of Guadalupe is another apparition that is so
lovely and special to my family and I because of her special witness to Maternity and pro-life.

Just my thoughts
God bless
c

I just loved your post. I had to quote the whole thing again. Thanks C!

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

<< Prev Page of 2
  [Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version