Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Tea and Conversation
 4Real Forums : Tea and Conversation
Subject Topic: Let me introduce myself.... Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
Bella
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Online Status: Offline
Posted: Feb 06 2007 at 9:25am | IP Logged Quote Bella

Hello!
My name is Christy,I am married to Randy for 16.5yrs, and we are hugely blessed to have our 10yo Sofia and 5.5yo Russell(Russ).We live in SE Nebraska. I have homeschooled Sofia since K and she is now in 4th.
I am a survivor of the most severe form of Endometriosis, and had a hysterectomy a little over a year ago. Because of this illness, twice I put Sofia in our Catholic school, only to last 2.5 mos. each time.
I suppose the only consistent thing I have done with her, is I have stuck to the same phonics and math programs, and have tried to steer her towards classical and living books.I was involved in a book discussion on Real Learning, have kept the book, and am now giving it some serious thought.Which is why I wanted to join- to ask questions when needed, sit back and learn.
I have been given many graces through my journey in life. The biggest was that I just converted to the Church 4 yrs ago,though my dh hasn't. Though this is terribly challenging at times, I feel so deeply that I am where our Lord wants me.
I am a health food nut,seek alternative health care when possible, and as a family, we live in a very natural way.My current interests are learning how to sew and scrapbook,getting fit,learning more about our faith, and learning how to be a better wife and homemaker.I also love, love to read!
Happy to be here!
InJ.M.J.,
Christy
Back to Top View Bella's Profile Search for other posts by Bella

jackiemomof7
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: Feb 06 2007 at 9:33am | IP Logged Quote jackiemomof7

Welcome Christy! So sorry to hear about your health problems I too have been through that. I am also a convert, 25 years this comming July and I am still learning more about the faith every year.

This is an awesome group of ladies who have given so much to me these last 2 years. I know you will enjoying all of their lovely topics and thoughts.

God bless,

Bella
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Feb 06 2007 at 10:40am | IP Logged Quote Bella

Thanks Jackie!!

Mary G
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Feb 06 2007 at 12:33pm | IP Logged Quote Mary G

Welcome to this wonderful journey Christy! I'm a cradle Catholic but my dh is a revert (as he was baptized Catholic but then his mom switched to Episcopalian and then he had a pretty wild young adulthood and then came back to the Church purely for intellectual reasons -- which is why he's such a good teacher!).

Anyway, your life sounds quite exciting -- I wish we lived more naturally and less mainstream. That might be helped when my oldest goes to college in the Fall and the 2nd child goes to dh's high school for her last 2 years of school. With just the littles home, I might be able to sneak in more natural type things....I may be coming to you for advice!

Again, welcome to this amazing community of wonderful home-educators!

my website that combines my schooling, hand-knits work, writing and everything else in one spot!
Back to Top View Mary G's Profile Search for other posts by Mary G Visit Mary G's Homepage

Theresa
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Feb 06 2007 at 12:55pm | IP Logged Quote Theresa

Welcome Christy. You will love it here. Each and every lady here is warm and friendly and the support is encouraging. Truly a blessing in my own life as I know it will be in yours too.

Paula in MN
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Feb 06 2007 at 1:06pm | IP Logged Quote Paula in MN

Welcome Christy! I, too, had the same health problems. I'm a "cradle" Catholic and I'm still learning!

Bella
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Feb 07 2007 at 9:26pm | IP Logged Quote Bella

Thankyou Mary,Paula,and Theresa!
I am excited to be here...just wish I had more time on my hands-to dive right in on every forum!

Mary-I KWYM-it's always easier to eat healthier,etc...when ya' have little ones that take your word as *the* word!They haven't been brainwashed by ads,etc. Just come and holler when you want to!!

Christy

chicken lady
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Feb 07 2007 at 9:40pm | IP Logged Quote chicken lady

Good to have you Christy. I am a cracle Catholic, but always learning. Jump in and don't be shy, the natives are friendly, some of us are eccentric but harmless. OK I'm speaking for myself here......Welcome!
Back to Top View chicken lady's Profile Search for other posts by chicken lady Visit chicken lady's Homepage

Bella
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Feb 07 2007 at 9:53pm | IP Logged Quote Bella

Thankyou Molly! I will admit many of the discussions I've read over the last few mos. have been very intimidating!
Eccentric? Oh yeah-I like that!

Christy

chicken lady
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Feb 07 2007 at 10:08pm | IP Logged Quote chicken lady

Oh Christy PLEASE don't feel intimidated, everyone is so loving here!   We all feel shy sometimes, but noone wants anyone to feel intimidated!
Back to Top View chicken lady's Profile Search for other posts by chicken lady Visit chicken lady's Homepage

Bella
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Feb 07 2007 at 10:21pm | IP Logged Quote Bella

Thanks for the encouragement Molly!

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

[Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version