Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Tea and Conversation
 4Real Forums : Tea and Conversation
Subject Topic: Simple Pleasures of Signing Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
msclavel
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Online Status: Offline
Posted: Feb 05 2007 at 8:34am | IP Logged Quote msclavel

I just spent the most relaxing and amusing half hour reading some of Lissa's posts about Wonderboy. It was one of those internet rabbit trails that just kind of lead me to the Lilting House and I just lingered, and I loved every minute of it. Thank you for sharing so beautifully about him. I wish I had been able to meet you sometime before you left Virginia . And to meet him. He sounds like a charming little boy. How blessed you are to have him.

Now I REALLY have to get me some Signing Time. I did learn ASL when I was younger (taught by a nun, my eight grade teacher, whose parents were deaf), most of it forgotten. And I've read so many families here that love those videos. Any suggestions on which one to start with? I have an age range of 12yo down to 4 months and I would love for all of us to learn.
Back to Top View msclavel's Profile Search for other posts by msclavel

Maryan
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Feb 05 2007 at 9:02am | IP Logged Quote Maryan

Maria, I've been wondering this very question too! Where to start? Anybody?

Back to Top View Maryan's Profile Search for other posts by Maryan

Cindy Mac
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Feb 05 2007 at 12:00pm | IP Logged Quote Cindy Mac

We received VOl. 1, 2 and 3 first. They are good for basic signs to start with. Be advised that Rachel (the mom) is much more animated and entertaining in the later volumes. She was suffering from depression (if I remember correctly here) when they started the series.

We also have the two Baby Signing times videos - these have Rachel and are animated. We also have vol. 7, 9, 10, 11, 12, and 13. The boys LOVE this seris. We need to get 4-6 and 8 to finish out our library.

Kellys Klassroom Korner
St. Anne's Academy
Back to Top View Cindy Mac's Profile Search for other posts by Cindy Mac Visit Cindy Mac's Homepage

SuzanneG
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: Feb 08 2007 at 6:00pm | IP Logged Quote SuzanneG

Can you check them out at the library to "try before buying"? Our system has both the vhs and dvd. We checked out vol 1-2-3 LOTS, and then ended up buying vol 4-5-6 from Child Signing My girls also love the cd that comes with the package too.

We keep a list of the words that are being signed and keep it in the kitchen. They can practice and I have a list to remember what signs they know. My girls are ages 6,4,3,1.
DH likes them too.
HTH,

Back to Top View SuzanneG's Profile Search for other posts by SuzanneG

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

[Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version