Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
We Pray to the Lord
 4Real Forums : We Pray to the Lord
Subject Topic: Prayer request updates Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
shartlesville
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Online Status: Offline
Posted: Feb 04 2007 at 3:47am | IP Logged Quote shartlesville

Gosh it seems like I have been gone from here for forever! I have been really busy since the beginning of the year. Everyone is better finally, just a few coughs and runny noses, but we have a lot of things going on.

My uncle Tuck is scheduled for surgery on Friday, February 9th to remove the cancer. The outlook is a little better than previously thought.    They don't believe it has spread into the muscle as much as they thought but they won't know for sure until they get in there. Please pray for really good news and a quick and complete recovery.

Unfortunately, Johnathan did not win Soldier of the Quarter for the Brigade. They did say that it was VERY close, there were less than 10 points between first and third!

I spoke with him today and he said they leave for Iraq on Saturday, February 10th. They will be in Kuwait briefly but then they are headed to Baghdad. They were originally scheduled to go to a fuel depot many miles south of Baghdad but since President Bush ordered the "surge" it has shuffled people around so they will now be right in Baghdad.      

The one thing that is keeping me from panicking is that John is the only Raven pilot so he will always be near the commander. As long as the commander is safe, John is safe. Please, please pray for him and all those serving in harms way.

If you have an extra prayer available could you offer one for me as well. I am trying really hard to keep it together but this latest news is not helping things. I am feeling pretty overwhelmed.

Thank you!

Blessings,
Krisann

DGC Kira, Auston, Travis, & Sarah.
My Blog: Isla del Esperanza
Back to Top View shartlesville's Profile Search for other posts by shartlesville Visit shartlesville's Homepage

Paula in MN
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Feb 04 2007 at 6:14am | IP Logged Quote Paula in MN

Krisann, I am praying for your uncle, for your son Johnathan, and for you! Please keep us posted.

angiesherm
Forum Rookie
Forum Rookie

Posted: Feb 04 2007 at 11:50am | IP Logged Quote angiesherm

Oh my goodness....we are praying here...you know that!
I'm going to send you a PM!

Take care and God Bless,
Angela

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

[Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version