Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Hidden Treasure
 4Real Forums : Hidden Treasure
Subject Topic: Our Lady Undoer of Knots Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
chicken lady
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Online Status: Offline
Posted: Feb 06 2007 at 10:22pm | IP Logged Quote chicken lady

Of course Maria!
Back to Top View chicken lady's Profile Search for other posts by chicken lady Visit chicken lady's Homepage

ALmom
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Feb 07 2007 at 9:37pm | IP Logged Quote ALmom

I would love to purchase a print of the picture - does anyone know if that is available?

Janet
Back to Top View ALmom's Profile Search for other posts by ALmom

chicken lady
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Feb 07 2007 at 9:47pm | IP Logged Quote chicken lady

I am not sure contact Mark at www.nelsonwoodcraft.com tell him I sent you, I think he was considering selling these prints.
Back to Top View chicken lady's Profile Search for other posts by chicken lady Visit chicken lady's Homepage

aussieannie
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: March 07 2007 at 7:03pm | IP Logged Quote aussieannie

I ended up ordering the package from Cukierski site as well, Molly - it looks so wonderful! Have you received yours yet?

Mine came in the mail today (excuse me for my exuberance )....Yahoooooo!

The prayer cloth that has the image of Mary, Undoer of Knots on it has a certificate of authenticity to say it has been touched to the following first class relics of:

St Philomena, St Lucy, St Anthony, St Colette, St Therese the Little Flower, St Dominc Savio, Holy House of Loreto, St Pio, St Therese of Avila, St Agatha, St Barabara, St Elizabeth Ann Seton, St Margaret, St Dorothy & St Catherine.

Back to Top View aussieannie's Profile Search for other posts by aussieannie Visit aussieannie's Homepage

aussieannie
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: March 07 2007 at 7:10pm | IP Logged Quote aussieannie

BTW, their was a chaplet enclosed with the prayers - for anyone wishing to make a Mary, Undoer of Knots chaplet, it is on a single wire (not joined end to end) with a crucifix on one end then 9 beads separated into lots of three, there is a loop on the other end for easier carrying.

If anyone would like the chaplet prayers, please pm me.

Back to Top View aussieannie's Profile Search for other posts by aussieannie Visit aussieannie's Homepage

chicken lady
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: March 07 2007 at 7:29pm | IP Logged Quote chicken lady

I did get mine, it is really worth the money! I too am excited, I think this is a great devotion to spread.

MaryM
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Posted: March 18 2013 at 3:52pm | IP Logged Quote MaryM

Bumping this old thread in light of hearing this is our new Holy Father's favorite Marian image.

Our Domestic Church
Back to Top View MaryM's Profile Search for other posts by MaryM Visit MaryM's Homepage

Betsy
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: March 18 2013 at 4:06pm | IP Logged Quote Betsy

MaryM wrote:
Bumping this old thread in light of hearing this is our new Holy Father's favorite Marian image.

Thanks for sharing Mary, I hadn't heard that yet.
Mary Under of Knots is such a powerful devotion! Can't recommend it enough!!!!!!!

MaryM
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Posted: Sept 27 2013 at 1:48am | IP Logged Quote MaryM

So I am bumping this thread again because I was doing some research on the image - looking for the feast day, and was surprised to find Sept. 28 listed as a feast day! That is this week. August 15 and December 8 are also listed as feast days, which makes sense as they are the major Marian feast days for an umbrella of many titles.

St. Ann wrote:
The complete picture is here, where you can see the Archangel Raphael leading Tobias at the bottom.

I wondered why Sept. 28 is also a feast day - it seemed significant there is a connection to St Raphael and the archangels that are the day following. With St. Raphael being pictured and the image associated with healing of marriage struggles it is that Raphael/marriage connection. I found a connection to the date being when the family/marriage intervention in Germany occurred before the painting was commissioned. So while it isn't an official liturgical feast day it is a day we commemorate the
Virgin's Mary Untier of Knots. Is neat that it feels tied to the Archangels feast as well.

JennGM wrote:
Besides this being a German painting, there is great devotion in Brazil to this Marian title. The Brazilian devotion reminds me of Our Lady of Guadalupe....she will take care of us.

JennGM wrote:
But 20 years ago a copy was brought to Argentina where devotion to “Mary Untier of Knots” took on a life of its own, with fervor sometimes bordering on superstition. Prayer groups throughout South America and even on this side of the border have now taken this Mary to their hearts.

This so interesting to go back and reread this, Jenn, because it was written before Pope Francis. Now we know that Jorge Bergoglio was the one responsible for bringing this devotion to South America (Argentina and Brazil primarily) and promoting it. Wow...
The official prayer quoted earlier in the thread by Jenn was written by Fr. Jorge Bergoglio:
Quote:
Holy Mary, full of God's presence during the days of your life,
you accepted with full humility the Father's will,
and the Devil was never capable to tie you around with his confusion
Once with your son you interceded for our difficulties,
and, full of kindness and patience you gave us example of how to untie the knots of our life.
And by remaining forever Our Mother,
you put in order, and make more clear the ties that link us to the Lord.
Holy Mother, Mother of God, and our Mother,
to you, who untie with motherly heart the knots of our life, we pray to you to receive in your hands (the name of person),
and to free him/her of the knots and confusion with which our enemy attacks.
Through your grace, your intercession, and your example,
deliver us from all evil, Our Lady, and untie the knots that prevent us from being united with God,
so that we, free from sin and error, may find Him in all things, may have our hearts placed in Him, and may serve Him always in our brothers and sisters. Amen

So to remember Mary Undoer of Knots this week and focus on this image, I am bumping the thread. Because of the increased promotion of this image since Pope Francis has become pope, there is a lot more information and resources out there on the web. I thought we could update this thread with new links and resources, including places to get the image. Some of the old links are broken so we can fix or drop them, too.

I don't see this St. Ireanus quote listed yet in the thread.
An early inspiration of an undoer of knots image is by a meditation of Saint Irenaeus (Bishop of Lyon and martyred in 202) based on the parallel made by Saint Paul between Adam and Christ. Saint Irenaeus, in turn, made a comparison between Eve and Mary, saying: “Eve, by her disobedience, tied the knot of disgrace for the human race; whereas Mary, by her obedience, undid it”.

I purchased the novena booklet Our Lady Undoer of Knots this summer at our conference from Linda at Sacred Heart Books and Gifts. You can get it other places as well, but giving you a Catholic homeschool provider option.

There is an itunes app.

Russ Rentler has a song on one of his albums titled "Mary Untier of Knots".

Catholic Company and Catholic to the Max both have items with the image.

Our Domestic Church
Back to Top View MaryM's Profile Search for other posts by MaryM Visit MaryM's Homepage

Betsy
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Sept 27 2013 at 7:12am | IP Logged Quote Betsy

To echo what you said Mary, there are many more recourses available now because of Pope Francis!!! I have had a devotion (because of 4Real) for a long time and truly love Mary, Undoer of Knots!

My suppliers have recently cast some breath taking Bronze or Sterling Silver Medals and Centers for Rosaries of our Lady, Undoer of Knots.
In fact, I just made myself a rosary with one of these centers because I was SO happy to find one!

If anyone is interested in a custom necklace or rosary please let me know.

MaryM
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Posted: Sept 27 2013 at 11:46am | IP Logged Quote MaryM

I just posted some ideas for "knot" foods to commemorate the day on Catholic Cuisine.

Our Domestic Church

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

<< Prev Page of 2
  [Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version