Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Mothering and Family Life
 4Real Forums : Mothering and Family Life
Subject Topic: St. Joseph and the new Adoption Forum Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
Helen
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Online Status: Offline
Posted: Feb 01 2007 at 8:57pm | IP Logged Quote Helen

Welcome to Not of my Flesh but of my Heart.
This is the place to bring your adoption questions, concerns, and joys.

We’ve asked St. Joseph to be a special presence in this forum.
How did St. Joseph begin his life as the adoptive/foster father of the Lord? He spent his first few moments in prayerful confusion. In response to his petitions, St. Joseph was given a heavenly visitor to help him embrace the path of adoptive fatherhood.

In particular, we turn to one of his titles from the litany of St. Joseph, Glory of Home Life and we pray that he will guide us to reach the goal of a glorious home life with our adoptive children.

Back to Top View Helen's Profile Search for other posts by Helen Visit Helen's Homepage

Bridget
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Feb 02 2007 at 7:11am | IP Logged Quote Bridget

It is exciting to see this up!

I know Helen will post about her own experiences and she is the mom in the trenches. I am helping here because I grew up with 6 adopted siblings of various ethnicities and with a range of impairments. People joked that our family looked like the United Nations.

I have a heart and love for adoption. And I know a lot about living in an adopted family.

We can't wait to hear about the adoption stories among us.

Back to Top View Bridget's Profile Search for other posts by Bridget Visit Bridget's Homepage

Essy
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: Feb 02 2007 at 7:12am | IP Logged Quote Essy

yippeee...so thrilled that this forum is finally up. Thanks so much for putting it together.

Back to Top View Essy's Profile Search for other posts by Essy Visit Essy's Homepage

lapazfarm
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Feb 02 2007 at 12:49pm | IP Logged Quote lapazfarm

Awesome! Count me in!

Back to Top View lapazfarm's Profile Search for other posts by lapazfarm Visit lapazfarm's Homepage

Marybeth
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Feb 02 2007 at 1:09pm | IP Logged Quote Marybeth

This is wonderful!

Hoping the Bears win on Sunday...it would be the perfect year for my dh...a daughter born in Guatemala and a Super Bowl victory!

Marybeth

MichelleW
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Feb 02 2007 at 1:10pm | IP Logged Quote MichelleW

Can I inaugurate my participation on this forum by asking for prayer for our newest adoption attempt? My oldest is adopted, and now our youngest hopefully will be too. But we could sure use the prayers on this one (what a weird thing to say, all children should be bathed in prayer, but I think you know what I mean...)

Bridget
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Feb 02 2007 at 1:27pm | IP Logged Quote Bridget

Yes, of course I'll pray. Do you know who the child is yet? Where is he or her Michelle?

Back to Top View Bridget's Profile Search for other posts by Bridget Visit Bridget's Homepage

Essy
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: Feb 02 2007 at 3:23pm | IP Logged Quote Essy

I'll definitely keep you and your little one in my prayers. How long have you been waiting?

Back to Top View Essy's Profile Search for other posts by Essy Visit Essy's Homepage

teachingmom
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star
Virginia Bluebells

Posted: Feb 03 2007 at 12:50am | IP Logged Quote teachingmom

I had to check out this new forum and am excited for all of you adoptive parents to have a special place here. I have a niece (goddaughter, actually) and nephew who were adopted from Khazakstan, so I have a special place in my heart for adopted children.

Would you mind saying a prayer for dear friends of ours? They are my 10yo dd's godparents and have been waiting for what seems like eons to adopt a daughter from China. (This will be their first child.) Things have gotten so delayed that they have to begin again with all the paperwork, etc. I so wish their referral will come through SOON!

Waverley
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: Feb 04 2007 at 9:52am | IP Logged Quote Waverley

Thank you, thank you, thank you for starting this forum. Dh and I are currently parenting 2 biological children and 2 children adopted from foster care. There are issues that are unique to adoptive parents. It is wonderful to have a place to seek the wisdom and share the joy of others who are on the same journey.

Waverley
Back to Top View Waverley's Profile Search for other posts by Waverley

Alice R
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: Feb 04 2007 at 12:36pm | IP Logged Quote Alice R

I'll be stopping in here.

My husband and I have always wanted to adopt ever since we first me.   We have four biological children. We'd LOVE to have a ton of children but the OB is hestitating. (I've had 2 C-sections and the babies are 10 pounders. During the last C-section, the stitches were loosening up a bit and there was clearly a strain on the uterus. The next baby (God Willing) I will be on bedrest with an early C-section to reduce the strain on the uterus.)   

Sorry, back to the topic of adoption.

I have done some basic research and everything is so expensive-we could never afford any of that.

I work with foster children in my job, BTW. I'd love to take them all home.   

I'm looking forward to hearing how other people have successfully adopted.

Alice R

Essy
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: Feb 04 2007 at 2:44pm | IP Logged Quote Essy

"I'm looking forward to hearing how other people have successfully adopted."

Both my children were placed through Catholic Charities, who unfortunately no longer does adoptions here in MA .

My first was a 'private adoption' with all the usual fees...but God does indeed provide when He calls you to something. My second was a foster to adopt situation...high legal risk...meaning that for the longest time we had no idea whether he'd stay or not. No fees involved in that one...in fact they paid us. I still find that amazing to this day...that they would pay me to care for this incredible little child.

Carole N.
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Feb 04 2007 at 6:03pm | IP Logged Quote Carole N.

My husband (along with his brother and two sisters) is adopted.

We have two biological children and a third child who we adopted through DHS. He was almost five years old when we adopted him and had been in foster care for 1 1/2 years. His biological parents had neglected and abused him.

I am glad to see this forum. Adoption is a blessing, but also a demanding life. I look forward to sharing with you ladies.

cgregas
Forum Rookie
Forum Rookie

Posted: Feb 11 2007 at 8:57pm | IP Logged Quote cgregas

I am new to the forum with this being my first post. I feel so blessed to find so many wonderful families through adoption and hsing. I look forward to learning and growing through all your experiences. We have adopted twins that have been a great blessing to us. We hope to adopt more, God willing. This has been a great forum that I have been watching from the sidelines for several months. I look forward to getting to know you all.
Back to Top View cgregas's Profile Search for other posts by cgregas

Bridget
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Feb 11 2007 at 9:03pm | IP Logged Quote Bridget

Welcome! How old were your twins when you adopted them?

cgregas
Forum Rookie
Forum Rookie

Posted: Feb 11 2007 at 9:09pm | IP Logged Quote cgregas

Our twins were two weeks old when they came home with us, but we were foster parents for them for a little over a year. A very beautiful miracle for our family. We had a few adoptions that fell through, but the true blessing came when we got two.
Back to Top View cgregas's Profile Search for other posts by cgregas

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

[Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version