Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Domestic Church
 4Real Forums : Domestic Church
Subject Topic: All Saints Day-Craft ideas needed! Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
Amazing_Grace
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Online Status: Offline
Posted: Oct 13 2010 at 7:02am | IP Logged Quote Amazing_Grace

Crafts:

paperdali.blogspot.com
Saint paper dolls that you can download for free. Scroll down the right sidebar and click on the saint you want. The link will take you directly where you can download a black and white PDF file of the saint.

catholicartworks.com
Saints Wheel

catholicartworks.com
Saints in America Chain

Amazing Grace
The Catholic Toolbox
Back to Top View Amazing_Grace's Profile Search for other posts by Amazing_Grace

Lacy
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: Oct 13 2010 at 5:44pm | IP Logged Quote Lacy

Thanks Laura! These links are awesome- I can always count on you to know where the super cool stuff is!

asplendidtime
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Oct 14 2010 at 7:55am | IP Logged Quote asplendidtime

I was thinking of two crafts, one I was going to have the children make up a picture of their Patron Saint, and colour and then add it to plastic mugs which have a "sleeve" to personalize them... Can't find a picture.

I also thought of a paper doll cut out like a big gingerbread man, and making these into the child's Patron Saint.

I was hoping to make a game of this, where you remove one cup, or "saint" paper doll, and then they guess which one you removed. :)

Mary 14,
Tim 13,
Jonah 12,
Josh 10,
Zoe 9,
Will 7,
Peter 6,
Laura-Mae 4,
Emily-Joy 2,
Genevieve & Gabriella 1
Back to Top View asplendidtime's Profile Search for other posts by asplendidtime Visit asplendidtime's Homepage

StacyLynn
Forum Rookie
Forum Rookie

Posted: Oct 15 2010 at 9:24am | IP Logged Quote StacyLynn

I am trying to find some crafts for a group of children who know very little about saints. We volunteer to help our local Franciscan Friars who host a neighborhood class for the children on Saturday afternoons. Most of the children have never been to church and do not know the saints.
I was thinking of making a bingo card with pictures and the name of the saint and when the saint was called out we would show the identical picture, identify the saint and tell them they are the patron saint of....

I have been looking at previous posts but a lot is for kids who are familiar with the faith...any ideas?

Back to Top View StacyLynn's Profile Search for other posts by StacyLynn

momwise
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Oct 15 2010 at 10:22am | IP Logged Quote momwise

StacyLynn wrote:
I am trying to find some crafts for a group of children who know very little about saints.

Hi StacyLynn,

What a wonderful challenge! This isn't a craft, but is there any chance you might get a few older children or adults to *be* the saints in costume? If they could tell a story or act it out it would be an unforgettable way for the children to learn about the people, much like we learn history by the living history museums.

I'll keep thinking about the craft too.

Lacy
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: Oct 15 2010 at 11:59am | IP Logged Quote Lacy

I just posted an awesome round-up of saint crafts on Catholic Icing today!

Saint Crafts

I think doing any of these would be an amazing opportunity to teach kids about the saints because as you're crafting them you tell the kids little tid-bits. Like "See how we're putting a bird with St. Francis? That's because he loved animals so much!" or even things like "See? This is what a bishop's hat looks like".

Some of the crafts I posted about had printable templates and everything, so it takes the guess work out.

StacyLynn
Forum Rookie
Forum Rookie

Posted: Oct 15 2010 at 1:26pm | IP Logged Quote StacyLynn

Those are perfect! Thanks Lacy.

StacyLynn
Forum Rookie
Forum Rookie

Posted: Oct 22 2010 at 11:12am | IP Logged Quote StacyLynn

we are getting closer to the big party and have decided on food, crafts & game stations.
i am looking for the patterns to make saint - o - lanterns. i have seen the end result on blogs but not sure where the pictures come from.
are they just taken from color sheets?
the fiars are going to carve 20 pumpkins as decorations, they do not have a computer and i wanted to hand them some print out ideas....with a carving kit.
any help is appreciated.
thanks,
stacylynn

MaryM
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Posted: Oct 22 2010 at 11:25am | IP Logged Quote MaryM

StacyLynn wrote:

i am looking for the patterns to make saint - o - lanterns. i have seen the end result on blogs but not sure where the pictures come from.
are they just taken from color sheets?
stacylynn

Jessica just put up a blog post at Catholic Cuisine about Saint o Lanterns (for a link up later). It has links to several sites with Christian pumpkin carving patterns. I know that many people do their own as well or modify pictures.

If I get a chance later, I'll link those pattern sites here directly, too.

Hope this helps.

Our Domestic Church
Back to Top View MaryM's Profile Search for other posts by MaryM Visit MaryM's Homepage

momwise
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Oct 22 2010 at 11:54am | IP Logged Quote momwise

I posted a party idea as a new thread.

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

<< Prev Page of 2
  [Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version