Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Tea and Conversation
 4Real Forums : Tea and Conversation
Subject Topic: DD is going.... Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
jackiemomof7
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Online Status: Offline
Posted: Aug 13 2006 at 12:46pm | IP Logged Quote jackiemomof7

Just thought I would share the happy news. Our daughter will be joining The Benedictines of Mary,Queen of Apostles on September 15th (Feast of Our Lady of Sorrows). So please keep her and our family in your prayers that day it will be a bittersweet day. You can check out the order at their website www.benedictinesofmary.org.

Now we are in the process of putting together her trousseau. Everything black: shoes,boots,coat. gloves,bathrobe, socks,sweater,tights..... It isn't easy finding it all so far but I have found some of it on the internet. We also have to go get her a passport.

Thanks for the support ladies and I will post pictures after Sept 15th!!

Peace of Christ,

(P.S. a side note my oldest son leaves for Iraq Sept 1st also)

MichelleW
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Aug 13 2006 at 12:51pm | IP Logged Quote MichelleW

Congratulations and ! What an exciting and difficult time this is for you and your family! May God pour out His blessings on you and yours.

Michelle
Back to Top View MichelleW's Profile Search for other posts by MichelleW

Meredith
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Aug 13 2006 at 2:03pm | IP Logged Quote Meredith

How wonderful and special, will be praying for her new vocation!! Congratulations to you all Jackie, and thanks for sharing this with us all!

Back to Top View Meredith's Profile Search for other posts by Meredith Visit Meredith's Homepage

lapazfarm
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Aug 13 2006 at 2:15pm | IP Logged Quote lapazfarm

Oh, how wonderful!
You may have better luck finding black in a few weeks when the fall/winter fashions really hit the stores. At least here they are just starting to trickle in.
God bless your daughter in her vocation!

Back to Top View lapazfarm's Profile Search for other posts by lapazfarm Visit lapazfarm's Homepage

KASB
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: Aug 14 2006 at 7:53am | IP Logged Quote KASB

How wonderful and what a special blessing for your family. Your daughter will be in our prayers as she begins her new life.

We will also keep your son in our prayers. My husband is in the Army and has done one tour in Iraq and we have many friends over there right now. I'm sure it's hard for you to send 2 children off to such different worlds. Prayers for you too.

Blessings,
Kym
mom to 9 - 8 boys (23,13,10,8,7,4,3,1) and 1 girl (22)
Back to Top View KASB's Profile Search for other posts by KASB

JennGM
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: Aug 14 2006 at 8:13am | IP Logged Quote JennGM

Jackie,

That is thrilling news on both sides. Your son and daughter are making such great sacrifices for their faith and country. And thank you for being such generous parents to give your children back to the world to serve others!

About the trousseau...my sister and I joined the convent years ago, we both didn't stay. But my mother hosted a "shower" of sorts, where other people brought or gave gifts that were on the trousseau list. It was a lovely thought, because then these special people could be remembered when we used these items. My breviary was from my piano teacher...so the inscription daily reminded me to pray for her. That's just a little example.

If black shoes are a must and you don't have to have a certain brand, I'd recommend you trying to get a Euro-comfort style shoe for her. My feet hurt so badly! I know it was because we worked in the bindery and I had flat feet, but I think comfortable shoes are so important and NOT a luxury. Just my two cents!

God bless!

Back to Top View JennGM's Profile Search for other posts by JennGM Visit JennGM's Homepage

JennGM
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: Aug 14 2006 at 8:22am | IP Logged Quote JennGM

Jackie,

There was a thread on another Mom whose daughter was visiting the convent. I put a few suggestions about my personal experience on the homefront, that you might want to check out.

Back to Top View JennGM's Profile Search for other posts by JennGM Visit JennGM's Homepage

Sarah
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Aug 15 2006 at 9:12am | IP Logged Quote Sarah

Jackie, if you are at family day coming up we might see you there! I'm not going to post when since this is a public forum, but we might see you in the future, if not at family day then here or there at various events, since we are intimately linked to this order.

How fun to have a connection there and here on the forum!

Back to Top View Sarah's Profile Search for other posts by Sarah

teachingmom
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star
Virginia Bluebells

Posted: Aug 15 2006 at 12:20pm | IP Logged Quote teachingmom

That's wonderful news, Jackie! May God bless your daughter as she pursues her vocation. And may He keep your son safe . . . and give all of you at home peace too.

Leonie
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Aug 15 2006 at 4:09pm | IP Logged Quote Leonie

Lovely, Jackie. I will keep both your dd and your ds in my prayers.

And you, too - I know from experience that it is hard for we mums when our dc grow and wander.

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

[Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version