Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Mothering and Family Life
 4Real Forums : Mothering and Family Life
Subject Topic: Look What God Has Done Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
AnaB
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Online Status: Offline
Posted: June 07 2006 at 6:52am | IP Logged Quote AnaB

Hi Ladies,

I wanted to update you. I tried to go back and put the whole story together from the other posts, but it became a novel. For now, I am 9.5 weeks, but no longer pregnant. A week ago the ultrasound determined the baby had no heartbeat. After dealing with a very insensitive OB who pretty much threatened me to hemorrhage at 3 am (and that he would not care for me when this happened) if I didn't get a D&C last Friday that he scheduled without my consent. Looking back there were some inconsistencies between the ultrasounds and many things that were never done correctly or as I requested from the beginning (HCG & progesterone levels were never drawn my first visit even though I asked for it, etc...). After a phonecall where he got very heated with me, we mutually ended the relationship. All I wanted at that point was to find a Christian OB who would at least listen to me and acknowledge that God had created a life inside me. But would someone take me at this point? God brought to mind an OB who I had met at a crisis pregnancy center function at his house 2 yrs. ago. I was able to go to the office last Friday (though they had put me with his nurse practitioner by accident) and then yesterday when I finally met him. This is what follows, please forgive the length.

I am finally home and at peace now. I wanted to share what the Lord did for me yesterday.

I had started spotting on Sunday and then by yesterday it had picked up and I was bleeding pretty good with some intermittent cramping.

I was debating all day whether to go to the hospital or to the OB office, but I still had not met this Christian OB. I opted to keep my 4pm OB appt. Thankfully, the office girl likes us and took me right in. While waiting, I was already crying just thinking that I might have to deal with another insensitive doctor. Jeff was with me when the OB came in and we told him very loosely what the situation was and why I left the other OB and how God has brought his name to mind. Somehow he made sense of what we said. He stood there and talked with us and shared that he and his wife had been through this 2-3 times (I can’t remember). Then he looked at me and asked me what I wanted to do and said he would help me whether I wanted to let nature take its course or have a D&C. No pressure, no threats, no agenda. I really didn’t know what to do.

He decided to check me and see where I was. Right at the base of my cervix, already out was the baby’s sack, intact. Everything was pretty much right there, he checked. There was no procedure, no D&C, no trying to figure things out on my own, nothing else. It was done.

The OB said, “Look what God did for you in sparing you from any more traumatic experiences!”. He put me on methergen to control the bleeding at home and some antibiotics to prevent any infections. I was crying from relief. How merciful of God!

He said that what happens sometimes, especially after several pregnancies, is that the ovary (I only have one) gets a little weak and doesn’t produce the amount of progesterone that it needs. Next time, Lord willing, as soon as I find out I’m pregnant, I can come to the office and immediately get put on some progesterone. He said his wife has had 2 more children since her losses with the progesterone. The first OB I had said he didn’t believe in progesterone supplementation.

Then this OB looked me in the eyes and asked, “You know God is in charge, right?” and I said, “Yes, He is”. He wished us God’s blessings and was genuinely happy for us the way God worked everything out and at the same time shared his condolences.

So, I am home and resting. The methergen will keep me feeling crampy for more day, but everything is going well. Looking back on my pregnancy with Amelia (my 2 yr old), I have new appreciation for what God did there. It was a very similar scenario with bleeding beginning at around 8 weeks, but I had not had any ultrasounds yet. I, myself, started using some progesterone cream when I had trouble getting the first OB to prescribe it. They finally did prescribe it, but the nurse said, “It’s only for your peace of mind.” When I finally was seen, they did find a heartbeat. But I am so appreciative that God could have chosen to do things differently. Actually, if I really think about it each child is quite a miracle to be here. How I wish I would grasp that!

For each time I had bad news, almost immediately God opened my eyes to some little detail of His care and mercy. He made sure that I could get a glimpse of the fact that He was still in charge and He was caring for me. The smallest details, the secret anxieties, the emptiness, He is taking care of. This has been such a terrible experience, but the Lord has wrapped the brick in velvet with His mercy and compassion. This little baby that I never got to hold has enlarged our hearts and expanded our vision to see God’s tender care of us. I never knew so many women have been through this painful experience. I am a different person than I was a week ago. God’s Word and His people were there to hold me up and I just wanted to acknowledge the wonderful work God has done through our little Baby Blessing and through you all.

I guess the heart heals slower than the body, but I’m so thankful that despite the grief, there is no despair. “God is no idle husbandman (farmer) when He plows our hearts”. He is God Almighty, but He’s also a good, tender Shepherd.

Thank you for letting me share this. I just wanted a record of what God has done to look back on for the difficult days. I pray this is encouraging.

esperanza
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: June 07 2006 at 6:57am | IP Logged Quote esperanza

Thank you for sharing your story. God bless you and your family.

Tammy Gonzalez in VA
dh-Johnny
mom to Tara-'85, Noelle-'88, Jeremy-'91, Elizabeth-'93, Emma-'96, Dominic-'99, Gabriel-'01, Elijah-03
and Jacinta-06
Back to Top View esperanza's Profile Search for other posts by esperanza

Bridget
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: June 07 2006 at 7:04am | IP Logged Quote Bridget

Ana, you have shown such grace and faith through this loss. Is spite of your grief, I'm sure it's a comfort to know that THIS child's salvation is secure. You don't have to worry about getting this one to heaven.

Back to Top View Bridget's Profile Search for other posts by Bridget Visit Bridget's Homepage

JennGM
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: June 07 2006 at 7:43am | IP Logged Quote JennGM

What a roller coaster ride for you! I'm praying for you. I'm so happy you have hope with your OB and resolution on the m/c. God is so good!

Be gentle on yourself....the grieving process is long and the loss will always be felt.

Back to Top View JennGM's Profile Search for other posts by JennGM Visit JennGM's Homepage

Rebecca
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: June 07 2006 at 8:01am | IP Logged Quote Rebecca

Dear Ana,
Your strength and faith throughout this great loss is apparent. Know that I am praying for you here in Ohio. I will continue to keep you in my prayers as you grieve your little one. I am grateful that you found an OB that is sensitive as well as wise.

God Bless,
Back to Top View Rebecca's Profile Search for other posts by Rebecca

amyable
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: June 07 2006 at 8:36am | IP Logged Quote amyable

God bless you Ana. Continuing to pray for you.

Back to Top View amyable's Profile Search for other posts by amyable

Erin
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: June 07 2006 at 4:23pm | IP Logged Quote Erin

Ana,

I have been thinking of you and praying.

So hard for you at present I know, but what a comfort that doctor was to you.

Back to Top View Erin's Profile Search for other posts by Erin Visit Erin's Homepage

Meredith
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: June 07 2006 at 5:06pm | IP Logged Quote Meredith

Amazing, thank you so much for sharing even through your suffering, God is so good!! Praying for your healthy recovery

Back to Top View Meredith's Profile Search for other posts by Meredith Visit Meredith's Homepage

MaryM
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Posted: June 07 2006 at 5:17pm | IP Logged Quote MaryM

Thank you for sharing your touching story - what a wonderful OB God put in your life at the right time. Wish there were more like that. My prayers are with you for your continued healing.

Our Domestic Church
Back to Top View MaryM's Profile Search for other posts by MaryM Visit MaryM's Homepage

jdostalik
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: June 07 2006 at 5:24pm | IP Logged Quote jdostalik

Dear Ana,
Thank you for sharing your story and please know that our family is praying for you as you deal with the loss of your precious baby.

Let the Little Ones Come

Back to Top View jdostalik's Profile Search for other posts by jdostalik Visit jdostalik's Homepage

All For Jesus
Forum Rookie
Forum Rookie

Posted: June 15 2006 at 12:07am | IP Logged Quote All For Jesus

Hi Ana,
I am brand new to this forum and very late in chiming in my thoughts on your experience.
Truly, God was with you and now your little one is with Him.

I have had four miscarriages and they are painful experiences and a mother never really forgets. But we can trust in the love and compassion of our wonderful God!

He went on and blessed me with 4 beautiful babies through adoption.
God Bless you and your family.

Life Is Beauty
Back to Top View All For Jesus's Profile Search for other posts by All For Jesus

Leonie
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: June 16 2006 at 1:00am | IP Logged Quote Leonie

AnaB,

I have been in your shoes - and thank you so much for sharing your story. May God help with the healing of the heart...

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

[Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version