Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Tea and Conversation
 4Real Forums : Tea and Conversation
Subject Topic: What would you buy from Pampered Chef? Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
Dawn
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Online Status: Offline
Posted: June 03 2006 at 2:51pm | IP Logged Quote Dawn

I have been invited to a Pampered Chef party this Wednesday night. If you are at all familiar with the company and its products, I would love to know if you have purchased anything from them before and/or what you would recommend. I ask because I don't know much about them, and I'd like to go in with an idea of what's what.    These home-parties always throw me off!

Any suggestions?

Back to Top View Dawn's Profile Search for other posts by Dawn

Meredith
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: June 03 2006 at 3:18pm | IP Logged Quote Meredith

Hey Dawn, what fun, I haven't been to one in ten years, no joke, but my favorite items are the sandwich cutting board, it's perfect for garlic and small chopping items, and we use it ALOT for Montessori practical life! Then the other favorite item is the small metal spatula.

Have fun and let us know what you choose!!

Back to Top View Meredith's Profile Search for other posts by Meredith Visit Meredith's Homepage

ladybugs
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: June 03 2006 at 3:28pm | IP Logged Quote ladybugs

I really like the small cutting board as it fits in our cooler for picnics. I also like their cheese slicer because not only can you use it for slicing cheese (Hi Angie - she got me hooked on that), but you can use it to slice your sandwiches, too.

I also like their apple slicer.

If you're interested in their stoneware, I would suggest the cookie sheet instead of the pizza stone...although, I did get the pizza stone and to make it multi-functional, do my cookies on it, too.

My etsy store - all proceeds go to help my fencing daughters!
Back to Top View ladybugs's Profile Search for other posts by ladybugs Visit ladybugs's Homepage

Jenny
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: June 03 2006 at 4:17pm | IP Logged Quote Jenny

I use the stoneware everyday. It has replaced my cookie sheets.
I bought the 9x13 stoneware with the lid/bowl. They are sold separately ($70 for both I think) but they are worth it! Even my dh who was not thrilled w/the purchase loves them! Together they make a roaster that makes the best of anything I put in it! Chicken w/salt & pepper & a dab of butter, roasts w/tons of yummy juice, turkey...I cannot say enough about the roaster.

The chopper is great too

marihalojen
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: June 03 2006 at 4:37pm | IP Logged Quote marihalojen

The food chopper is awesome! So much fun to use for both dd and I, and it chops so finely, so quickly. My biggest temptation right now, as we only get to use it at a friend's house.

You might win that small metal spatula, I did and still use it all the time. They always give small stuff away like that (drawings) I also won bamboo toaster tongs once that I still have even though I no longer have a toaster - great piece of mind when metal knives, toasters and dd were no longer an equation! The zester was another winning that was a cool tool, gosh! I didn't realize how many things I'd won! But in the public school system all those teachers compete with eachother for 2nd (pyramidal-styled) jobs, it seemed like a weekend never went by without some sort of home party, and once you say yes to one, how can you refuse any one else?

Everything I've ever used from Pampered Chef was excellent, the stoneware is heavy though, both my mom and mil hated it and gave theirs to me as they couldn't lift it easily.

SSR = Sailing, Snorkling, Reading
Back to Top View marihalojen's Profile Search for other posts by marihalojen Visit marihalojen's Homepage

Rebecca
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: June 03 2006 at 4:52pm | IP Logged Quote Rebecca

I love their stackable cooling racks. They are great!
Back to Top View Rebecca's Profile Search for other posts by Rebecca

guitarnan
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: June 03 2006 at 5:55pm | IP Logged Quote guitarnan

Another vote for the lemon zester. It's the only one I've ever had that really, truly worked.

LisaD
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: June 03 2006 at 6:11pm | IP Logged Quote LisaD

I wish I knew someone who sold Pampered Chef. I would buy a bunch of their corn on the cob handles. They screw in to the ends of the cobs instead of using those sharp prongs.

JennGM
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: June 03 2006 at 7:30pm | IP Logged Quote JennGM

My sister is a Pampered Chef consultant, so I do get to see and try the products regularly. The great thing about their products is that they really sell themselves. I don't buy things unless I have a need in my kitchen, as I hate extra tools. So far I like all my PC items.

My favorite tool was their cake tester...a little 2.50 thing that could also double for holding matches to light a candle. But they have discontinued it.

I got their digital thermometer recently and can't believe I have lived without one this long. I feel much better about the safety of my cooked meats!

The apple corer/slicer/peeler is fabulous. Kids (and the guys) love to use it. Apple pie is a breeze!

I have Farberware stainless steel pots and pans, but recently bought the family skillet, Executive ware. It's similar to the Caphalon, I guess, but it was affordable and I LOVE it.

The food chopper is great especially when introducing food to the babies and need to get to right consistency. If the baby is past the grinder stage, it's easy to pack along the chopper for quick baby safe foods.

I have only started to like the stoneware...I have the cookie sheet which works fabulously. I then used my mil's casserole dish for baked chicken and was so pleased that's my next big purchase.

Don't mean to sound like an advertisement...I just like to cook and I like the tools!

Back to Top View JennGM's Profile Search for other posts by JennGM Visit JennGM's Homepage

Dawn
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: June 03 2006 at 7:46pm | IP Logged Quote Dawn

Oooh, thank you so much for all the ideas! I might have to write them all on my palms as crib notes! My mum is coming with me to the party, which is always fun, and yet we tend to talk each other into things, so the notes will be helpful!    What I'm glad to hear is that so many of you are happy with the products; sounds like whatever I choose, it will be well-made and useful.

JennGM
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: June 03 2006 at 7:50pm | IP Logged Quote JennGM

Dawn wrote:
What I'm glad to hear is that so many of you are happy with the products; sounds like whatever I choose, it will be well-made and useful.

Yes...there are guarantees behind each product. Whoever is your consultant will point out that in each item description is a number that shows how many years guarantee...some items are lifetime.

The idea of the PC was originally to help SAHM stay at home and make extra money. The company is very careful where their donations go, and respond well to feedback from consultants and customers. Besides good products, there are other reasons to support them!

Sorry to go on.

Back to Top View JennGM's Profile Search for other posts by JennGM Visit JennGM's Homepage

5athome
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: June 03 2006 at 8:13pm | IP Logged Quote 5athome

Love the self sharpenin knives. I have them in 3 different sizes and they hold up so well! I think my oldest knife is about 10 years old and it looks brand new.
Back to Top View 5athome's Profile Search for other posts by 5athome

Jen L.
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: June 03 2006 at 8:39pm | IP Logged Quote Jen L.

The best (esp. for the money) veggie peeler for $3.50!

(You can look at their whole catalog on line at www.pamperedchef.com

Back to Top View Jen L.'s Profile Search for other posts by Jen L.

Donna Marie
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: June 03 2006 at 9:19pm | IP Logged Quote Donna Marie

Pampered Chef items LAST in my house...and that is saying something. My BEST FRIEND is the large round pizza stone...it is BLACK from so much use...no more yucky cookie sheets for me...no sir-ee! I use it for everything...making cookies and scones to defrosting pre-cooked sliced meat or steaks from the freezer-and they come out grrrreat!!

I love that spreader too...nice and wide blade makes me feel like a professional!

The apple peeler/corer thingy my ds loooves...I dont have to do them anymore...the kids do!

That really large rubber spatula is AWESOME! My kids HATE the way it completely cleans out the mixing bowl!

I also have the stoneware 9X12 pan ...it has seen a lot of use too!

oh yea! the zester is the best!

The Montessori in me loves this catalog...because my kids do...they love to use them...they hold up well...and are definitely worth it cost wise too!

I am thinking of getting dh the bbq tools for Father's Day! I'll have the kids make him a Chefs hat to match... but hey! I digress....

Enjoy! The parties are always fun! Even the time that my sil dropped the be-au-ti-ful main dish on her deck and we ended up ordering pizza!!   

Finding Elegant Simplicity
Back to Top View Donna Marie's Profile Search for other posts by Donna Marie Visit Donna Marie's Homepage

Sarah
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: June 03 2006 at 10:56pm | IP Logged Quote Sarah

I've only been to 1 PC party and that's where I met Jenn's sister (hi Jenn!)

I love the food chopper! I mean really LOVE it! My plastic thing cracked, possibly from dishwasher issues so I returned it and got another one. Maybe don't use the high dishwasher heat.

Like the garlic press.

Like my 9 x 13 Jelly roll stone---took some getting used to.

In my opinion, and I know it seems to differ from lots of other people, I don't like the family skillet because it does end up peeling, despite what they say. It does a good job while it lasts.

I'd like to get the peeler/slicer thing for apples.

Have fun! I'm pretty much out of the party loop these days, just can't seem to make it work with dh's schedule.

Back to Top View Sarah's Profile Search for other posts by Sarah

Dawn
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: June 04 2006 at 4:14am | IP Logged Quote Dawn

Jen L. wrote:
(You can look at their whole catalog on line at www.pamperedchef.com

Oh, Jen thank you for this link! I can really prepare ahead now!

Donna
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: June 04 2006 at 5:14am | IP Logged Quote Donna

JennGM wrote:
Yes...there are guarantees behind each product. Whoever is your consultant will point out that in each item description is a number that shows how many years guarantee...some items are lifetime.

Be sure to keep your receipt. The best place is in your favorite cookbook, then if you need it, you'll know where it is. (A little tip from my Pampered Chef consultant .)

Jacob, Sam, and Regina with God
Grandbabies Leigha and Elsie

Moments Like These

Back to Top View Donna's Profile Search for other posts by Donna Visit Donna's Homepage

Sarah
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: June 04 2006 at 12:57pm | IP Logged Quote Sarah

I used my can opener this morning and thought of this thread. I love the safe can opener.

Dh bought it for me from some nurses at work. I am so stubborn, so I told him I hated it because I couldn't figure it out! He was getting SO annoyed at me for not using the safe one from PC. Then one day my old one was missing.

"Oh no," I thought, " Now I HAVE to use that PC one and figure it out!"

Of course then I loved it. Months later, dh admitted to hiding my old one (he is so smart and knows me so well).

Anyway, I recommend the manual can opener, but be patient with it and give it a chance. Sometimes you have to go around several times and use the little pliers on the side.

Back to Top View Sarah's Profile Search for other posts by Sarah

teachingmom
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star
Virginia Bluebells

Posted: June 05 2006 at 12:16am | IP Logged Quote teachingmom

My sister in law became a consultant for a short while about 6 years ago. I hosted one of her first parties and ended up getting a ton of stuff for about 1/3 the price through my hostess credits. Out of all the things I earned/bought, I'd recommend:

the small rectangular metal spatula - I love it!

the metal triangular cake cutter/spatula with plastic cover

the rectangular, stoneware cookie sheet and the large round pizza stone (I use both at the same time to make two homemade pizzas for my family)

and possibly, the metal prong thingy for holding onions while slicing them (I don't use this as often as the other things, but it helps keep my hands from smelling like onions the rest of the day)

One thing I thought I'd really like, but never use, is the apple peeler/corer/slicer with wooden stand. It never works well and is way too much trouble to clean, in my opinion. I wish I hadn't chosen it.

tracym
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: June 05 2006 at 7:03am | IP Logged Quote tracym

I love the can opener and the big pizza slicer. I also have some stoneware which gets used often.
I have the apple slicer/corer thing also but never could get it to work well so that just sits here.

Page of 2 Next >>
  [Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version