Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Tea and Conversation
 4Real Forums : Tea and Conversation
Subject Topic: Introductions 2014 Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
Erin
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Online Status: Offline
Posted: Feb 12 2014 at 8:44pm | IP Logged Quote Erin

Welcome Kelly, Looking forward to getting to know you

Back to Top View Erin's Profile Search for other posts by Erin Visit Erin's Homepage

Kelly
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: May 27 2014 at 1:39am | IP Logged Quote Kelly

Hi-Im Kelly in FL-previously an active member back in 2007/8 but took a little "sabbatical" due to moves, teens and (cringe) the simple fact that we moved my computer into a detached office 200 feet from the house lol Not so easy to while away the hours online when u actually have to walk all that distance to ur computer! But ive missed yall and ur good input! maryM and jennG ive tried to email u but ur mailboxes were full or locked or something. Anyway, good to be back!

Been homeschooling for 19 yrs. We have 6 kids-3 boys 3 girls. ----- graduated the first three (yes-u CAN do it) from a mix of homeschool, dual enrollment, online, tutors, boarding school, "regular" school and coops-done it all One in grad school, 2 currently undergrad college-2 outta tjose 3 in engineering and math givea me hives! How did that happen??? 3 still at home or a mix of home and regular school. Im already palpitating from empty nest sydrome and my youngest is only 11!

We combine classical homeachooling with unschooling -if thats possible haha-with heavy emphasis on latin as our lodestone, history (my fave!)and Great Books. And music-required chez nous til age 18;-)

Engineering dh works primarily in Africa so we travel a lot. We have a horse farm and keep polo horses, which we compete with as a family, all around the US. If i have a hobby, besides polo, it would be Family Travel and puttin together themed trips. We recently returned from 2 months touring ancient Egypt, Greece/Rome, Byzantium and Renaissance Italy. It was amazing. I took 8 children and yes, survived! Egypt burst into riots a week after our departure. We like to think it WASNT due to us

So glad to see so many familiar faces here!!!! Good to be back &Thanks for the continued inspiration

Kelly in FL
Back to Top View Kelly's Profile Search for other posts by Kelly

SeaStar
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: May 27 2014 at 4:04pm | IP Logged Quote SeaStar

Kelly- would love to hear more of your travels with kids! Welcome back

SQUILT Music Appreciation
Back to Top View SeaStar's Profile Search for other posts by SeaStar

MaryM
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Posted: May 27 2014 at 5:14pm | IP Logged Quote MaryM

Kelly in FL - WELCOME BACK - lots of smiley faces from me. And I deleted some messages so that my PM box shouldn't be full anymore...

Our Domestic Church
Back to Top View MaryM's Profile Search for other posts by MaryM Visit MaryM's Homepage

Kelly
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: May 27 2014 at 9:21pm | IP Logged Quote Kelly

Thx for the nice note, MaryM Glad to b back & see familiar faces for sure & all that mail is just the price of popularity, girl

Ill try again!

Ttys Kelly in FL

Kelly
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: May 27 2014 at 10:22pm | IP Logged Quote Kelly

&Melinda, Thx PS ive been admiring ur TR quote for days

Kelly in FL

Amelia
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Posted: July 09 2014 at 11:19am | IP Logged Quote Amelia

Hello! I am Amelia in North Carolina. My husband and I married in early 2012 and we have a 16-month-old son, plus hopes for many more.

Right now I'm in preparation mode for future years of homeschooling. We were blessed with a house last year - before that it was a one-room apartment with, of course, no extra space - and I'm in acquisition mode for things like books as well as ideas for outings. I'm also hoping to make more homeschool friends, especially those who share our penchant for an unschooling approach :-).
Back to Top View Amelia's Profile Search for other posts by Amelia

twinkletoes
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Posted: Aug 17 2014 at 10:58pm | IP Logged Quote twinkletoes

Hello everyone!
I'm Meghan. My husband and I have three little ones (Isaac-5, Noelle-3, and Calvin-1). We are enjoying our "quiet growing time" still but are super excited for the upcoming years of homeschooling. We have begun a few regular activities such as learning Spanish and taking advantage of learning opportunities. We live SoCal right now and plan to use the Charlotte Mason approach.
I'm so excited I found other Catholic moms to share this wonderful adventure with!
Back to Top View twinkletoes's Profile Search for other posts by twinkletoes

Aagot
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Aug 18 2014 at 7:59am | IP Logged Quote Aagot

Welcome Amelia and Meghan! You will find a wealth of information here.
Back to Top View Aagot's Profile Search for other posts by Aagot

MaryM
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Posted: Aug 18 2014 at 10:05am | IP Logged Quote MaryM

I'll second that welcome. Hadn't seen your intro last month, Ameila - sorry. So glad you have both joined our online community.

Our Domestic Church
Back to Top View MaryM's Profile Search for other posts by MaryM Visit MaryM's Homepage

kbernt
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Posted: Sept 10 2014 at 9:42pm | IP Logged Quote kbernt

Hi, I'm Kim. I have homeschooled for many years, have 5 daughters aged 10-23, am happily married, a cradle Catholic, and just recently have both of my youngest two (10yo and 12yo) in a small town Nebraska public school for their middle and high school years but still have my 17yo as a home schooler for her last year. I have visited here quite a few times in the past just as a reader. I now have more time on my hands, am a bit lonely in this somewhat empty house and would like to connect with other moms, especially those who have homeschooled or are homeschooling, as part of my journey/transition.
Back to Top View kbernt's Profile Search for other posts by kbernt

MaryM
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Posted: Sept 12 2014 at 10:54am | IP Logged Quote MaryM

Welcome, Kim. Nice to have you join us.

Our Domestic Church

Lori M.
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Posted: Nov 15 2014 at 1:15pm | IP Logged Quote Lori M.

Hello! My name is Lori Malone. I am a mom of nine beautiful and intelligent children and married to my sweet husband, Hugh, for 25 years. We have homeschooled for 25 years. I currently am homeschooling my youngest who is nine years old. I use my own concoction of materials based on what has worked with my older children. We now have two college graduates, one of whom is graduating from the Navy Officer Training Command next week, four are attending college, one is attending public high school, one attending public middle school (he is special needs), and the one I am homeschooling. Even though I've done this for many years, I am always looking for better ways to teach. Thank you for allowing me to join this group.
Back to Top View Lori M.'s Profile Search for other posts by Lori M.

SeaStar
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: Nov 15 2014 at 6:09pm | IP Logged Quote SeaStar

Welcome, Lori!

Four in college- that is wonderful
You are a very busy mom- looking forward to hearing your views on many topics!

SQUILT Music Appreciation
Back to Top View SeaStar's Profile Search for other posts by SeaStar

heidia
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Posted: Dec 11 2014 at 10:03am | IP Logged Quote heidia

Hello! :) My name is Heidi, and I have 6 boys. 2 are in our Catholic school, and my oldest(special needs-severe seizure disorder) will be homeschooled starting now! YIKES! I never thought I would homeschool, but our son's needs will be best met at home, and after some hesitation, I am genuinely excited. :)

Oh and I am pretty sure I know some girls here! ;) As I know a few homeschooling ladies and have visited this site over the years to gain inspiration in teaching my kids. :) <3

Heidi
Back to Top View heidia's Profile Search for other posts by heidia

MaryM
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Posted: Dec 11 2014 at 2:33pm | IP Logged Quote MaryM

Welcome, Heidi!

Our Domestic Church

cathhomeschool
Board Moderator
Board Moderator
Texas Bluebonnets

Posted: Dec 12 2014 at 10:41am | IP Logged Quote cathhomeschool

Welcome, Heidi! I'm glad you're excited about homeschooling your son. I'm homeschooling my two youngest this year after not having homeschooled for a couple of years. And even though I homeschooled for years before, I hesitated too.   

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

<< Prev Page of 2
  [Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version