Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Tea and Conversation (Forum Locked Forum Locked)
 4Real Forums : Tea and Conversation
Subject Topic: Wednesday Shout Out: New Year Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
Angie Mc
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Online Status: Offline
Posted: Jan 03 2014 at 1:22pm | IP Logged Quote Angie Mc

OK, today isn't Wednesday, but I hope your past 2 Wednesdays have been filled with Christmas and New Year JOY!

Devin and Michael are still home, returning to Pullman Washington on Monday. They have been fabulous company...just so proud of their efforts to see many people and make many people happy. That's not easy as newlyweds! And the baby...THE BABY... is growing before my eyes and I can't tell you how happy making this all is.

Everything else is a bit of a blur, but I'm coming off of this long vacation with renewed energy to enjoy life! To be healthy! To grow love bigger!

I managed to blog a bit and if you haven't visited in awhile, you might a new idea I'm enjoying - posting about music with my kids. I would love to hear from other families about what you're listening to.

There are some helpful articles on my scoopit page. At Gems for a happy family life, I'm especially interested in setting up my inexpensive home gym .

So, how were your big days and what are you excited about in 2014?

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Love,

Back to Top View Angie Mc's Profile Search for other posts by Angie Mc Visit Angie Mc's Homepage

Erin
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: Jan 03 2014 at 2:19pm | IP Logged Quote Erin

Just enjoying our babymoon here, slow days, gazing at our girl (still in shock we have a girl!)

Really determined in 2014 to take lots and lots of photos, and therefore improving my photography skills too. Set myself a goal of 10 photos a day, trying to catch my baby delishness.

Back to Top View Erin's Profile Search for other posts by Erin Visit Erin's Homepage

Angie Mc
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Posted: Jan 04 2014 at 10:48am | IP Logged Quote Angie Mc

Keep me posted on your PIC A DAY challenge. I've been wanting to do "something" a day, but just can't put my finger on it. I'm not a picture taker...but maybe that would be a good challenge for me?!

Siena is GORGEOUS! Can't wait to see more pics :)

Love,

Back to Top View Angie Mc's Profile Search for other posts by Angie Mc Visit Angie Mc's Homepage

SeaStar
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: Jan 04 2014 at 11:09am | IP Logged Quote SeaStar

Having been sick the week before Christmas, I am more aware than ever of what a gift good health is.   There are so many things- just ordinary, daily things- that I take having the energy to do for granted. This was a good reminder for me!

Somehow the Christmas season is flying by. I was planning (dreaming) of having the time to do a lot of sewing... somehow that has all been condensed into a couple of hours .

I am pondering this New Year the idea of taking the time FIRST to do something I/my family enjoys. For example, could I not sew for thirty minutes before we tackle cleaning the bathrooms? Could we do some extra read aloud time before making sure all the laundry is put away?

Because it seems like one or the other never gets done. I don't want to look back over my life and think: hmm.. never did finish that quilt, but the bathrooms looked good

SQUILT Music Appreciation
Back to Top View SeaStar's Profile Search for other posts by SeaStar

Willa
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Jan 04 2014 at 11:54am | IP Logged Quote Willa

I like the idea of daily pics, Erin, even though I don't have any cute babies around.

I am both sorry and glad that this Christmas holiday is coming to an end. Tomorrow my grown boys leave and the next day, back to homeschooling.     Already!

I usually do some projects after the Christmas busy-ness is over and this year it was

(1) PRacticing the piano. We got a Yamaha Clavinova and it is such a good change from our little digital keyboard that ds and I have been making do on.

(2) Going through old photos and writings. I am going to spend the year organizing. There is a lot to do. So many memories though!

(3) Practicing photo editing.   I am using PicMonkey. Does anyone have a photo editor they really like? Preferably free or inexpensive?   

Now I am going to start planning for the next term and year.

Take Up and Read
Back to Top View Willa's Profile Search for other posts by Willa

Angie Mc
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Posted: Jan 04 2014 at 11:54am | IP Logged Quote Angie Mc

SeaStar wrote:

I am pondering this New Year the idea of taking the time FIRST to do something I/my family enjoys. For example, could I not sew for thirty minutes before we tackle cleaning the bathrooms? Could we do some extra read aloud time before making sure all the laundry is put away?

Love it!

Let's see...I would phrase this as a principle...

Enjoy THEN Work (just be sure to work eventually )

Love,

Sorry, you cannot post a reply to this topic.
This forum has been locked by a forum administrator.

[Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version